First Day - I have about 160 to lose

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

First Day - I have about 160 to lose

Postby yvetteann79 » April 22nd, 2005, 2:48 pm

:) Hey Guys! My name is yvette and today is my first day! I must admit i am soooo hungry.I found myself getting hungry aroung 4pm and I had a extra supplement along with my meat and vegetables. I have about 160 to lose and I pray that Medifast will be my answer. I love this web site and I am glad that I found other MF users. I was wondering do you lose weight faster just doing the shake and not eating the bars and soups,and eating your protein and veg? I was thinking about doing the whole total fast thing by myself but they said you need to consult with a doctor. Anyways wish me good luck with my weight loss and hope to hear from u guys!
Yvette
yvetteann79

Postby want2Bthin » April 22nd, 2005, 2:58 pm

Yvette-
Welcome! I am glad you started your Medifast journey. I know you feel very hungry now but I assure you that in a few days you will feel better.

I think both plans work well. I am on the 5 and 1. I started with 151 pounds to lose. I am down 21 pounds. I like being able to have a meal everyday. I think it is just a personal decision on which plan you decide to do.

Just make sure if you do the complete that you stay in close contact with your doctor. You need to be medically supervised on the 5 and 1 as well.

Good luck.
Angelia :D
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Your not alone

Postby Dorothy » April 22nd, 2005, 3:25 pm

Hi, I'm Dorothy and I started a couple of weeks ago. The 1st 3 days were pure torture but it does get better. I'm going on three weeks and I feel the will power gets stronger every day. I usually do the 5 and 1 because I have kids to feed. I am finding as I go along you can pick days to do the total program if you can't get the proper meal that is low in fat. I do that now so I don't feel guilty. If I have to go out and get trapped without MF I have a grilled chicken salad with very little low fat dressing and just don't eat it all.
Dorothy
First Post

Postby LilMsTexas » April 22nd, 2005, 4:55 pm

I don't care HOW fast you can lose without the bars :shock: hehe
ATTENTION FELLOW MEDIFASTERS....STEP AWAY FROM MY BARS...I REPEAT...STEP AWAY FROM MY BARS AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT 8)

Ya know we can second guess everything....we're all "miracle dieters" aren't we? Waiting for that miracle pill....the magic lightening diet :lightbeam: But medifast is tried and true. The bars are allowed...the oatmeal is allowed....even that oatmeal raisin nugout (sp?) bar is allowed...and I REALLY doubted that one when I had it the first time :shock:

So all you new folks.........ENJOY!! EAT IT ALL!! HAVE A BALL!! (just not all at one sitting)hehe

Welcome!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 22nd, 2005, 5:56 pm

ATTENTION FELLOW MEDIFASTERS....STEP AWAY FROM MY BARS...I REPEAT...STEP AWAY FROM MY BARS AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT

Now, ya just gotta know Christi has the above command down pat since she works at a prison! 8)

....even that oatmeal raisin nugout (sp?) bar is allowed...

Yep, the spelling was a little off here Christi......you meant NOUGAT....you spelled NUGOUT.......which as we all know are little covered areas along the first and third base lines where baseball players from opposing teams sit when they are not batting or playing the field.

I just love teasing my friends!.... :mrgreen:

Yvettte.....Welcome to Medifast and to the forum. You have taken a giant step towards skinny-ism by making the decision to start the plan. As you have been warned........the first three days are the toughest (just as it is if you are quitting smoking), after that, it is a piece of shake!!! (we are not allowed to use the term "it is a piece of cake" here)

Anyhow..........post early and post often, we always like hearing from the people on the forum. We are here to help in any way we can..........just as we were helped when we started........and are STILL being helped when we need it.

Oh.......and try and have some fun while you are losing weight.....attitude is everything..........at least it is for me. 8)

Dean
Dean0408

Postby kassilou » April 22nd, 2005, 6:04 pm

Welcome, Yvette. Congratulations on getting started!

If you find that you are getting hungry, you can have an extra supplement. After the first few days, you do adjust. And you can have celery, 2 pickles, and boullion or fast soups to help, too.

I've lost 40 so far, and have about 120 to go. It's gonna take a while, but it can be done. I do the 5 & 1, but not every day. I'm going to do it just on the weekends, and maybe once during the week. It's just too easy for me to overdo yet. Portion control is an area in which I have a lot to learn! :oops:

Keep coming to the forum. Lots of good advice from these folks. It definitely helps to be able to come here while doing this diet.

Good luck! :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

thanks

Postby yvetteann79 » April 23rd, 2005, 6:11 am

:D

Thank you guys. I am going to try and keep a postive attitude while on the program. The bars I like a little too much and I think next time when I reorder my MF I wont get any of the bars. I fear that I may over indulge on them. ;)

Yvette
yvetteann79

Postby DonicaB » April 23rd, 2005, 7:17 am

Hi Yvette, I just wanted to say welcome. This forum is great. The posters are great, MF is GREAT. We are all just great. I think you will find we really try to cheer each other on, and sometimes we even do a little coaching.

Speaking of coaching..............I am going to do a little coaching right now.

:coach: Now come on, Yvette, you said I am going to TRY and keep a positive attitude, you can do better than that! Say it with me now, I AM GOING TO HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! ..........Now don't you feel better? :exercise:

Oooh And.......Come on Dean, get your noggin out of the nugout. :redhead: You know that in baseball, the area where the players sit while not playing is called the........DUGOUT........not the NUGOUT.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » April 23rd, 2005, 8:04 am

Okay Guys.............just think...... :scratch: .......if Dean....Donica....Christi.....NANCY......Rae.....D......(well the list goes on & on)........if we were all in class together..... :hmmm: ......we would all be in trouble..... :whip: .....we would have too much fun.... :nana: ....the teacher would either walk out..... :pace: ......probably leave her career forever....... :tears: ....or just have one ol grand time....... :bouncie: ......and embrace the positiveness....... :yeah: ....fun loving..... :hug: ....humerous side...... :roflmao: .....that we could bring to the classroom......it's comforting how some people can bring out the fun loving side of us...... ;) .....and then there's some that never crack a smile.... :| ....walk the straight & narrow.....no time for fun..... :whip: ...they need a GOOD ---- :?: -----...... :hmmm: .....enema........life's too short !!!!
Well for those of you at the Medifast University... :pagesturn: ..and to our Professor NANCY.... :goofy: ...(goofy...classy....brilliant)....thank you for making our forum FULL OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!
We've accomplished one more day towards our MASTERS DEGREE in Slenderology....... :yay:
Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby Dean0408 » April 23rd, 2005, 12:10 pm

DonicaB wrote:
Oooh And.......Come on Dean, get your noggin out of the nugout. :redhead: You know that in baseball, the area where the players sit while not playing is called the........DUGOUT........not the NUGOUT.

DonicaB

Well sure I knew that Donica.........the NUGOUT thing was just a play on words......but, you ARE indeed paying attention, which of course, is a GOOD thing!.......hehe :mrgreen:

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Nancy » April 23rd, 2005, 2:14 pm

Perhaps the NUGout is the place we can go to rest, relax, and to get restored after a thinning inning - you know, a safe place to avoid noggin' noogies!

:wave: Hey there, Yvette ~

I am very happy that you checked in, logged on, :cheers: shook it up. This is the place to come when a person is ready to unload the load. We unload it all here - our :brickwall: frustrations, our :help: questions and our :smoke: sillies.

We know that you have a lot to learn and there are so many :hug: great people here that like to share their personal experiences with others. Some of us have a lot of weight to lose and are faced with a long trek but because others have gone before us and have been successful, we know that we will be able to do it, too.

Happy shaking! :byebye:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 23rd, 2005, 5:25 pm

Yvette.........Welcome!!!!!!...so glad you have joined us..... :yes: ......hold on tight ....cause your in for a wonderful ride......... :drive: ....Medifast can be your answer....... :thumbsup: ....if followed correctly...IT WILL BE YOUR ANSWER...... :yeah: .....and 160 lbs..... :secret: .....not a big deal...... :no: .....many have done that.....regardless of the amount of weight one has to lose.......we ALL have to do the same exact thing to get to goal..... :huh: .....some just have to do it a bit longer ...thats all.....I relate to you on the bars....I stay away for now........that is until I can deal with the occasional one.... :roll: .....I know I could abide by the one per day......that's not the problem.....I don't want to be longing for them....tempted by them...... :twisted: .....I'll wait till i'm closer to goal...but that's just me...others do great with them....and as far as shakes vs. MF supplements........I think as long as you follow the guidelines that weight will melt off...... :D ....so here's to you & your journey...... :toast:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby KeleeGrl » April 25th, 2005, 5:53 am

Hi Yvette...today (Monday) is my first day. I just returned from vacation and boy did I go on vacation...I gained 7 pounds :shock: ! I had to change my ticker! But I'm really ready to commit myself to this. I was really nervous that I wasn't going to like the shakes, but the first one (chocolate) was actually pretty good. I also have bought the sugar-free flavorings and am looking forward to trying them. Good luck Yvette!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 25th, 2005, 7:29 am

Dean~~ you goober head (new term at school I thought I would use). :3head: I knew it was a play on words. It's just that, my day is not complete unless I harrass at least one male. Unfortunately for you, it was your turn. Sorry! :devious:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » April 25th, 2005, 9:40 am

Hey KeleeGrl ~

Welcome back! Back from vacation, back to work and back to your weight loss adventure.

Well, yeah, those vacations can sure be fun while you are on them – we all welcome the change in routine, pace, and FOOD but our sleep patterns and eating patterns can be affected greatly and it takes some time to readjust to the realities of every day life and the :oops: bathroom scale…now you have returned and we want you to know are here to encourage you as you begin in earnest to get healthy.
:lol:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Come on in.