Love 2 Lose

1 Thread per registered User.

Love 2 Lose

Postby Love 2 Lose » April 16th, 2008, 9:02 pm

I started this program in March as a result of seeing my boss successfully lose a bunch of weight. Prior to that, I lurked on any Medifast forums I could find but didn't think I could be successful because I'd tried so many things in the past.

After turning 40 last December, I decided that I needed to do something about my weight plus take care of this pre-diabetic condition I've had for the past two years. I didn't want my mom's words "you're going to become diabetic if you don't do something" to come true. (I could never face one of her "I told you so's!" :x )

I like the shakes, bars, and puddings and am really excited to try the recipes on the other meals I don't like, i.e. the soups, oatmeals, etc.

I think I'm just impatient and would love to be at my goal weight NOW...but I should rejoice in the fact that I've lost weight already and just need to keep plugging away.

I just started to incorporate walking and strength-training into my life so I'm feeling pretty confident that this is going to be a life-changing program and not just a temporary fix so I can lose 50 lbs.

Christine
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTUV9TN/]
[/url]
Love 2 Lose
First Post

Postby katieb920 » April 17th, 2008, 4:05 am

Chris,

Great Job on the 15# lost so far. Seems you know what to do. I know what you mean about wanting it now. I do too. Lets do this together. My sister is the same way as your mother. Lets prove them both wrong.

And by the way welcome.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » April 17th, 2008, 6:28 am

Welcome and congratulations on the great start.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby cydj21 » April 17th, 2008, 7:29 am

Hi, Christine! :D

I'm glad you found us here - this forum was my saving grace when I first started MF. I am right there with you on already wanting to be done and sometimes it overwhelms me, so I work really hard to concentrate on small successes every day and I find that helps. Remind yourself that you're working steadily to improve your health and that will make it more sustainable as you learn to really adapt your lifestyle. Happy you're here and looking forward to seeing your progress!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » April 17th, 2008, 7:59 am

Welcome! I, too, wanted the weight gone immediately. But there are benefits to having it take some time. For one thing, it gives you time to get used to a healthier way of living, including eating several small meals a day. It also takes food out of the equation - mostly - so you can deal with any emotional-eating issues (which nearly all of us seem to have) and learn more appropriate ways to handle the emotions that you probably bury with food right now.

For many of us, our Medifast "journey" becomes about much more than just food and weight. So try to be patient and enjoy the ride, and you'll come out not only thinner, but healthier and stronger as well.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » April 17th, 2008, 2:18 pm

welcome aboard christine! You have done well so far and although you want it NOW, it's coming. Like robin said, the slower the pace, the easier it is to address the emotional issues many of us face when dealing with eating. Keep up your great work!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Love 2 Lose

Postby Mike » April 19th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Christine,

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on starting your journey to optimal health.

Just a few thoughts:

Many people try many things before trying the Medifast PROGRAM, and the majority never do anything else because... it works.

I was diabetic, taking the max dosage of medicines before resorting to insulin... and now I take no medications (for high blood pressure or cholesterol either). It works.

We all want the weight gone now, with minimal effort, but we didn't gain it overnight. We do have to work at it, and this program just makes it easier than the majority of other methods available, and its safe and nutritious (and tasted good too). ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to My Journal