New in Dallas-100+ to lose

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New in Dallas-100+ to lose

Postby Sneechesonbeaches » January 6th, 2006, 5:13 pm

I placed my order on New Years eve.
The doorbell rang this morning and I got started!

I'm 42 years old, 6'2" and 264 pounds. I guess that would be OK if I was a professional linebacker but, I'm a homemaker and female!

How did it happen to me?!?!

In 2003 I lost 6 family members I was very close to. While I've never been skinny, 190 pounds was working OK for me. During this time I became severely depressed and was hospitalized several times.
I've always been an emotional eater and consoled myself with food.
I could actually feel those little Krispy Kreme donuts enveloping me with warm, sticky arms, telling me "We're here for you! Everything is going to be OK!"
Things got worse, I gained some more weight and ended up pregnant twice in 8 months. I lost the baby each time and relied on food even more!

Last fall I felt miserable. I developed high blood pressure and type II diabetes because of the weight gain. My husband, my doctor and friends were bugging me about my weight and I finally got fed up with being fat.
I'm tired of being tired, having a bum knee in addition to the insulin and blood pressure medication. I just threw up my hands and said "That's it! The pity party is OVER!"

I know I've got to put changes in place that I can live with....new ways to cope with extreme stress,...new ways of looking at food.

I'm encouraged by the forum and hope to meet others who are trying to make these kinds of changes! I'm hoping Medifast is the key to helping me on my way.
Sneechesonbeaches

Welcome

Postby Jan » January 6th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Hi there sneeches .....
First welcome to the forum. :D The members here are wonderful and are willing to help you every step of the way. You are aready a little ahead of the game in that you realize your are an emotional eater. Food is a fickle friend. :x We look to it for comfort and to make us feel better and it only makes us feel that much worse. Once we realize that, it loses its grip a little. The journey is not easy but very very worthwhile. The first few days are the hardest (almost everyone agrees) but soon you'll be in a routine and slurping right along with the rest of us. And, the pounds will come off quite quickly. So that in itself gives each of us lots of motivation. Just follow the plan exactly and you'll do fine. Keep posting and letting us all know how you are doing, and drink your water!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Misty » January 6th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Hello and welcome :D I am sure you have heard the saying "today is the first day of the rest of your life" I say that to myself daily. I would rather spend the rest of my days 70lbs lighter. :roll: I know by doing this not only can lengthen the rest of my days but improve the quality of those days. Hope to see ya posting all your great success. The hope is in the posting part because I know ya will be sucessful :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Restart 6/12/06
Misty
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 7th, 2006, 3:03 am

Dear dear Sneech ~

Oh, Man! 2003 was :x NOT a good year for you, Friend!

I am so thankful that you found us and we want you to know that this program can really help you to get your health turned around - your weight, your blood pressure, your glucose readings and your waist size will all be reduced! :shades: Lemme tell ya, that has a MAJOR impact on one's mental outlook, too - it is hard to be depressed when you can shop for smaller jeans.

:secret: And you, Darlin' will :whistle: look like a tall drink of water at 6'2" in some jeans!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 7th, 2006, 7:49 am

Hiya Sneeches, Welcome! :lol:

Stay with us and your stress will become much more bearable.

"Comfort food" is an oxymoron! Hey I like that! Gonna add it to my signature......hehehe.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby petals » January 7th, 2006, 11:29 am

Hi Sneeches

A warm welcome to you.

You said it yourself...
My husband, my doctor and friends were bugging me about my weight and I finally got fed up with being fat.

No matter how many other people in our lives tell us about how we need

to lose the weight because they are concerned. When we reach that

point ourselves and can't take any more of being tired, unhappy and like

you said fed up !

This is the point when we are at the end of our rope, the bottom of the

pit, or in deepest dispair.

You are in the right place. Medifast is your light at the end of the tunnel.

With many wonderful people here who are in similar situations as yourself.

If you need anything, we'll be here for you. This journey is alot easier

when you share it with others.

Remember

Don't sacrifice what you want most, for what you want now.

You can do this!

I'll be watching for you. Take care.

Petals
Started 7-31-06
Height: 5'8"

~Don't sacrifice what you want NOW for what you want MOST~

petals
Trusted Member

Planning

Postby Jan » January 7th, 2006, 3:44 pm

Hio Sneeches.....
I just read your post and I know you will do great!!! Why?? Because you are planning planning planning. That's what it takes. Getting the food for your hubby which contains things you won't eat was very smart. Double motivation to stay out of it. We'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby SueInSLO » January 7th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Hi Sneeches!

I just started today, one day after you! Good Luck to you!! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry about your losses, I can relate. :( I took care of my Mom for the last year of her life and she died in late October 05'. I struggled with my eating the entire time she was with us. Not that I didn't have a problem before, but I certainly found comfort with food as I watched her failing and gained back half of what I had lost low carbing. I knew it was wrong, but at the time didn't care. Since October I have still been making poor choices. I miss my Mom so much sometimes it hurts, but I know she would not approve of my weight gain.

Now I do care! I want to be healthy! I think we can both do this! I know we can!!!! Again, good luck to you and I look forward to our journey together as well as any other newbies. :goodluck:

Sue
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » January 7th, 2006, 7:33 pm

Hi, Sneeches! I'm sorry for your losses, but looking forward to reading about your much more positive losses.

I'm a neighbor, over in Arlington.

Welcome!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » January 7th, 2006, 10:50 pm

Welcome! Hope 2006 is a good year for you, filled with much happiness and success. I am going to begin on Monday since we have sooo much crap going on this weekend. Good for you for starting when you get it.

So, how are you doing this weekend so far? :lol: The beginning is the hardest, but from what I haev been reading, once you get over it, the difference in how you feel is remarkable. Good luck
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2006, 1:27 am

Sneeches and Sidrah - you will be starting within a day of one another and it will be hippy :exercise: happy to walk thru the beginning stages together. :stroll:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Passive Agressive Here

Postby Marcia B » January 8th, 2006, 11:18 pm

Your life sounds like it was a wreck. Sorry for all your losses and health problems. I too eat for comfort and while I've only been on Medifast for 4 days find comfort in the fact that I am doing something for myself.

Medifast bars aren't Krispy Cream but they're flavorful and good for you. Another tidbit for you is it only takes 7 days to develope a new habit. Let go of the past habits and become a new you. You owe it to yourself after all you've been through! 2006 IS GOING TO BE YOUR YEAR!

I'm sure the euphoria will wear off but I've found a motto for myself. It may help you too.

"Do something every day that scares you." Eleanore Rosevelt
Marcia B

Postby Marcia B » January 8th, 2006, 11:24 pm

Sneeches,

I forgot to tell you I also suffer from sever depression, high blood pressure and have to work everyday at keeping myself together. So if you want a buddy to help get through the rough spots I do understand what you go through
Marcia B

Postby Gwenski » January 8th, 2006, 11:49 pm

Hope you have decided that 2006 is going to be your year and that you have SO come to the right place. We all know this for you if you don't?!?!?!?

You have been through and lived through more than most can handle. Somehow you survived so we all know you have strength to work this little thing called Medifast.

Too much to live for, YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS.

Cheers to you, your sucess and 2006!!!!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2006, 11:50 pm

:bow: Thanks, M.O.G.* for your kind words to Sneeches.

We all do better when there are people who have walked in our same slippers :stroll: join us in shuffling along on the journey.

re:
"Do something every day that scares you." Eleanore Rosevelt

I like that.

I like a lot of the things Eleanore said, especially this one:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

*Mother Of Gwenski I presume from other posts...

:hmmm: THAT alone may scare you, M.O.G. She's a :laughlaugh: handful! <JK>
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.