New to Forum

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Losing

Postby TubbyMom » April 20th, 2005, 10:33 am

I am pretty new to this program going on 3 weeks. I lost 10 pounds fine and I need to lose a lot more. No one talks about eating the oatmeal why is that? Also I find myself getting urges. I still have 2 teenage children at home. I am still trying to cook for them and my husband so it gets real hard. The lean and green I eat in the evening I think is my undoing. I am good all day but the weight loss has stopped for the last 3 days. I started walking yesterday so I hope that will help. The walking seemed easier maybe some of the fat is gone. Is is bad to weigh yourself every day? When I am good and I don't lose it makes me feel frustrated.
TubbyMom

Postby want2Bthin » April 20th, 2005, 10:42 am

TubbyMom-

I am also on the 5 and 1. I have lost 21 pounds in 42 days. I know it comes off faster for others then myself but I have realized that everyone is different. You should be proud of yourself. 10 pounds is excellent.

I think if it helps you to cope by doing the 5 and 1 you should stick to it. I have a family to prepare dinner for too. That is why I am on the 5 and 1. I eat 1 pack of oatmeal every day. It is my favorite supplement. Don't feel blue. You are doing great.

I only weigh once a week. I find that if I weigh daily I will get to discouraged.

Angelia :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 20th, 2005, 10:47 am

I eat oatmeal almost every day too. I am at a bit of a stall after a few weeks too. I just trust the process. Even if I am not dropping weight everyday I am doing what is best for my health!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 20th, 2005, 11:55 am

Oh Wait!!! ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD!!! Someone needs the registration link and I have a place again. ;)

Hi there TMom - Welcome to the forum. So happy you could join us. And might I suggest you click on the link below and become a registered member. Registering gives you the ability to create a profile, send and receive private messages, and of course, be a part of the pound clubs.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/prof ... e=register

In answer to a few of your questions,

I have oatmeal every day - had it for lunch today as a matter of fact. I make it into cookies often (that my 5 year old steals from me :x ) Oh I forgot, Nancy told me I'm not supposed to complain about that .... :mrgreen:

10 pounds in 3 weeks is fantastic -- just about the average. Most people on the 5 & 1 plan will lose between 2 - 5 pounds per week.

I cook for my family on the weekends - but I always make things that I can eat also. BBQ chicken, turkey burgers, pork chops ... and I make string beans, broccoli etc with it. I make a starch for them (rice, potatoes, pasta) I just don't put the starch on my plate when I'm fixing mine.

I weigh myself everyday as well - I think you will find most people here do. But I only count my Sunday weigh as my gospel on weight loss. You are still in the beginning stages when every ounce is critical for you to FEEL that you are succeeding. As you are further into your journey, you will become comfortable with the plan and understand the ups and downs that occur day to day; week to week. Not that you like them any better - just that you better understand them and accept them.

Hope this info helps - and again, welcome!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 20th, 2005, 1:17 pm

TubbyMom~ welcome to the board. I know fixing a meal can be difficult. I like to think of it as a challenge. Can I fix a meal without the urge to eat it? Can I fix things I cannot have without being ticked that I can't have it?

I guess I have just changed the way I look at things. I feel like I am stronger :weightlift: because I can fix things I cannot eat if I want to stick to the plan. I guess my desire to lose the weight is stronger than the desire to eat those foods. I have eaten them all before, I know what they taste like. I ask myself often, "Is it worth it to take a bite?" Fortunately for me, I have had the strength to answer "NO" :uhuh: every time.

The urges will always be there but make it a challenge. Who is going to win? You or the food? I know you can do it. You can be the winner. :yippee:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby raederle » April 20th, 2005, 2:21 pm

scrabbler7 wrote:Oh Wait!!! ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD!!! Someone needs the registration link and I have a place again. ;)

PHEW!!!! ;)

Welcome, TMom!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 20th, 2005, 3:20 pm

TMom....Welcome...so glad you have joined us.....i'm sure you will love the journey.... :D .......personnaly, I don't weigh everyday cause it causes me craziness.......... :brickwall: ....as I am a slow loser.... :exercise: ... ...and for me it was in the third week that I had a little stall .. :roll: .....so bear with it....this to shall pass........keep up the great work......... :yay:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thanks

Postby TubbyMom » April 22nd, 2005, 3:08 pm

This web site is so cool. I sit at work and when I feel down I can pop this up periodically and don't feel so all alone. I feel that every day I get stronger. I feel like after the 1st 2 weeks you start feeling a little lighter in the behind and move with a springerier step.

I have a older sister that is having the SURGERY (bypass) next month because she has so many medical problems and needs to lose mega lbs. I need to lose 100 lbs and be strong because the though of irreversible surgery scares me.

I appreciate the support and the stories that help me cope day to day.
TubbyMom

Postby LilMsTexas » April 22nd, 2005, 4:48 pm

I thought I was going to run out of the apple cinnamon oatmeal and I paniced :shock: I emailed Sue my HA and put in a frantic order! She is so awesome......the other day I got a package in the mail that had a couple of oatmeals to tide me over. The note inside simply said "because I care...Sue" :D Now how awesome is that!! Dangit I don't think I've emailed her to tell her thank you :oops: gotta get on that :lol:

welcome TubbyMom.....and I lost 14lbs in my first month.......I also do the 5-1 and I am diabetic. You are right on track and the 3rd week is when we all seem to go through the "doubting thomas" phase......and the 3rd week stall ect. Keep going girl.........we're behind ya!!

CHEERS!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.