New eggs in baking?

Add your favorite recipes.

New eggs in baking?

Postby horsey girl » February 2nd, 2007, 8:22 am

Why don't some of you super chefs see what can be done with the new scambled eggs for baking. After all they are eggs. Maybe we could get some actual fluff to our products. Also I tryed Nancy's idea of mixing the eggs in a majic bullet [my $13 fake bullet] and wow! :shock: What a difference. I like to have ham and cheese eggs for breakfast as follows; First I cook green onions, mushrooms, and green peppers in a spritz of butter flavered pam. I do a panfull of these and freeze them ahead of time in a small icecube tray. Small ice cubes, not a small tray. It gives me about a tablespoon of cooked veggies each. Then;
Saute one cube of veggies untill heated.
mix eggs and 4 ounces of water in blender until frothy
add to veggies and stir while cooking.
heat 1/2 tbsp McCormick Bac'n Pieces bacon flavored bits
in tbsp of water for 10 seconds in microwave. add to eggs.
Cook eggs to desired consistancy, add Molly McCheese.
I like to top it with a couple of tiny grape tomatoes chopped.
and.....
ENJOY!
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby horsey girl » February 13th, 2007, 6:03 pm

BUUMMMP!!! AWW. I'm disappointed in all you medichefs. No chocolate shake souffle? Cake? :sadblue: :sadblue: :sadblue:
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl

Postby Mike » February 14th, 2007, 12:34 am

Sorry Horsey, not much of a cake/cookie chef. Also, listening to the Nurses call this week, Lorie asked the nutritionists about using the eggs as the Lean and they basically nixed that idea. So there goes my omelette. :cry:
So, alas, I will stick to my scrambled eggs with tiny pieces of little slices of mushroom and a tablespoon of salsa.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: New eggs in baking?

Postby GucciGoo » February 14th, 2007, 6:02 am

horsey girl wrote:Why don't some of you super chefs see what can be done with the new scambled eggs for baking. After all they are eggs. Maybe we could get some actual fluff to our products. Also I tryed Nancy's idea of mixing the eggs in a majic bullet [my $13 fake bullet] and wow! :shock: What a difference. I like to have ham and cheese eggs for breakfast as follows; First I cook green onions, mushrooms, and green peppers in a spritz of butter flavered pam. I do a panfull of these and freeze them ahead of time in a small icecube tray. Small ice cubes, not a small tray. It gives me about a tablespoon of cooked veggies each. Then;
and.....
ENJOY!

It sounds like a Green with no Lean. I dion't think this is right for the plan :(
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 14th, 2007, 6:37 am

But the choco shake souffle would work, or nanner pudding puff. And cake would work, too, I bet.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Re: New eggs in baking?

Postby bikipatra » February 14th, 2007, 6:56 am

DarkAndStormy wrote:
horsey girl wrote:Why don't some of you super chefs see what can be done with the new scambled eggs for baking. After all they are eggs. Maybe we could get some actual fluff to our products. Also I tryed Nancy's idea of mixing the eggs in a majic bullet [my $13 fake bullet] and wow! :shock: What a difference. I like to have ham and cheese eggs for breakfast as follows; First I cook green onions, mushrooms, and green peppers in a spritz of butter flavered pam. I do a panfull of these and freeze them ahead of time in a small icecube tray. Small ice cubes, not a small tray. It gives me about a tablespoon of cooked veggies each. Then;
and.....
ENJOY!

It sounds like a Green with no Lean. I dion't think this is right for the plan :(

You tell 'em!!! :x
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby horsey girl » February 15th, 2007, 7:38 pm

:shock: HUH? This isn't either a lean or a green. It's a medifast meal. The tablespoon of veggies in it is just like a condiment, same as your tablespoon of salsa, Mike. The sprinkle of Molly McCheese is allowed. The Bac'n Pieces adds 10 calories and less than 1 carb.They made of soy, not bacon and there was an earlier thread about where to get them for the eggs[grocery store]. A couple of grape tomatos chopped up has less than 5 calories. They are the size of my thumbnail. Skip them if you are worried. I have already lost my 90#. Folks, This is just Medifast scrambled eggs with a little condiments just like your salsa or ketchup. Now Serendipity, How do we make a Chocolate shake souffle? There has got to be a way. :mrgreen:
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl

Postby Sojourner » February 15th, 2007, 8:06 pm

horsey girl wrote::shock: HUH? This isn't either a lean or a green. It's a medifast meal. The tablespoon of veggies in it is just like a condiment, same as your tablespoon of salsa, Mike. The sprinkle of Molly McCheese is allowed. The Bac'n Pieces adds 10 calories and less than 1 carb.They made of soy, not bacon and there was an earlier thread about where to get them for the eggs[grocery store]. A couple of grape tomatos chopped up has less than 5 calories. They are the size of my thumbnail. Skip them if you are worried. I have already lost my 90#. Folks, This is just Medifast scrambled eggs with a little condiments just like your salsa or ketchup. Now Serendipity, How do we make a Chocolate shake souffle? There has got to be a way. :mrgreen:

You tell 'em!!! :x

:roflmao:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby LosingIt » February 15th, 2007, 8:25 pm

I haven't tried this myself but I found someone's recipe for "pita bread" using the eggs and a cream soup.

Here it is:

1 packet eggs
1 packet creamy soup (chicken or broccoli recommended)
1/4 tsp baking powder

That's a base. Add whatever spices you like. The original recipe called for 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp onion powder.

Others have tried 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp of chili powder.

Mix the dry ingredients up and begin adding water about 1 tbsp at a time until you get a decent dough-like consistency. The recipe poster usually got about 4 tbsp in.

Spread it out on a sprayed baking sheet in a rough pita-like shape, maybe 1/4" thick.

Heat your oven to 375 degrees.

Stick the pita in for about 5 mins at 375.

Pull it out and give it a spray with some Pam, crank the heat to broil, and stick it back in the oven until it's nice and golden brown on top. Pull it out, let it cool some, split it in half (each half is one meal).
Start Date: 01/25/07
LosingIt

Postby Mike » February 15th, 2007, 10:26 pm

horsey girl wrote::shock: HUH? This isn't either a lean or a green. It's a medifast meal. The tablespoon of veggies in it is just like a condiment, same as your tablespoon of salsa, Mike. The sprinkle of Molly McCheese is allowed. The Bac'n Pieces adds 10 calories and less than 1 carb.They made of soy, not bacon and there was an earlier thread about where to get them for the eggs[grocery store]. A couple of grape tomatos chopped up has less than 5 calories. They are the size of my thumbnail. Skip them if you are worried. I have already lost my 90#. Folks, This is just Medifast scrambled eggs with a little condiments just like your salsa or ketchup. . :mrgreen:

Sounded okay to me. Its all about choices that we make. Some people make the choice to not add extras to anything. That's a perfectly valid (and according to plan, the best choice). Others choose to add a little to the medifast food to make it more tasty. This, again, is a personal choice. It may be a few more calories, and if your other supplements are of the 90 calorie version rather than the 100 or 110, for you I am sure its not going to be troublesome.
Just remember folks, its the secondary choices that we make in reaching our primary goal.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » February 16th, 2007, 5:50 am

Well Nancy has said before that if we have any veggies other than for our L&G, we also have to have protein along with it. For instance, we can have our L&G in two servings- say half at lunch, half at dinner- but we have to have lean AND green at both.

If you ARE correct, and we can have random veggies throughout the day, I would love to know about it. Maybe Nancy can chime in here?
GucciGoo

Postby horsey girl » February 16th, 2007, 11:09 pm

This is just too silly. Random vegetables? We are allowed 3 to 4 condiments a day, one snack, and assorted herbs and spices. All I added to my eggs was ONE tablespoon total of green peppers, mushrooms, and onions, light on the onions because of the carb count and two tiny grape tomatos. The tablespoon of veggies has less than TWO calories [amounts figured fromThe Complete Book of Food Counts by Corinne Netzer], with carbs and protein amounts too small to measure. Some of you haven't looked at the size of a tablespoon lately. The growers website lists the tomatos as about 90 calories per container. So for those of you who are concerned, I counted the amount in my new container. There are 48! So by my calculation thats less than 4 more calories for my two tiny tomatoes. If I'm generous that comes to six calories, about the same as Mikes tablespoon of salsa, [not counting his few slices of mushrooms]. I believe we can have two tablespoons of salsa so I could count this as one half condiment as it has pretty similar ingredients. Dark and Stormy, if you still think this is a green and should be balanced by a lean, the 1 gram of protein in my Bac'n pieces probably does that. As per Nancy, the soy bacon bits are allright and in the amounts I use, count as one condiment as I am using less than half a serving. I don't see how this could be mistaken for part of a lean and green :lol: These are good scrambled eggs. :mrgreen:
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl

Postby GucciGoo » February 17th, 2007, 5:15 am

As long as you enjoy them.
GucciGoo

Postby Arghh! » February 17th, 2007, 6:20 am

Of for gosh sakes people. Is this really worth arguing over? Enjoy your eggs and your new skinnier body ;)
Arghh!
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby bdg » February 17th, 2007, 6:56 am

Arghh! wrote:Of for gosh sakes people. Is this really worth arguing over? Enjoy your eggs and your new skinnier body ;)
Not at all worth arguing over. I agree enjoy the wonderful eggs, and while some things work for some, it may not work for others. Ultimately, the Quick Start is the gospel for the program we are on. The little condiments add flavor, helping people to be compliant. This is good! if you don't care to have these, then don't.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine