? about Eggs

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

? about Eggs

Postby loriannk » June 28th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Well I am not 100% sure on this so I thought I would ask.

I am not wanting any meat right now. Don't know why just doesn't taste good right now to me. So I have been eating eggs.

I know the Start booklet says 2 eggs no more then 3x a week. Can I still eat egg beaters for the remainder of the days or is that considered part of the 3x a week.

Thanks.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » June 28th, 2006, 3:43 pm

On the MyMedifast site the nutritionist said you can have egg beaters as many times a week as you want.

"You can have egg beaters as many times throughout the week as you would like. You can have 1/2-1 cup of egg substitute as your protein portion of the lean and green meal."
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ascicles » June 28th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Sarya wrote:On the MyMedifast site the nutritionist said you can have egg beaters as many times a week as you want.

"You can have egg beaters as many times throughout the week as you would like. You can have 1/2-1 cup of egg substitute as your protein portion of the lean and green meal."

Woah...that is awesome. I love egg beaters and it makes for a filling meal when you use close to a full cup!
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Sarya » June 28th, 2006, 4:50 pm

I've never used them. Maybe I should pick some up! I do get bored eating meat or fish all the time. I used to eat a lot of cheese, but now I don't think I should do that as often. mmm eggs.

I need to get some tofu too. time to experiment!
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby jump4joy » June 28th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Thanks Sarya, I didn't know about the eggbeaters. I like to saute' my veggies and then pour in some beaten egg/water mixture and cook them all together for my L&G. With the eggbeaters, now I can do that more often.

Joy
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jen » June 28th, 2006, 10:24 pm

Eggbeaters make nice veggie omlettes!
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby TheShadow » June 29th, 2006, 9:48 am

Here's a cool tip I learned from another forum. Ziploc omelettes. What you do is put a large pot of water on and get it to a rolling boil. Meanwhile set out little dishes of omelette ingredients like ham, onions, chopped spinach, mushrooms, peppers, salsa, etc. Crack 2 large or ex large eggs into a large ziploc freezer bag and mix them well. Then each person adds ingredients to their bag in whatever combo makes them happy. Squish it up and then press out the air and zip the bags. Put up to 6 bags at a time into the boiling water and cook for exactly 13 minutes. Voila!! Ziploc omelettes! Just plop them out of the bag onto a plate and enjoy. It's a fun dinner or breakfast for the whole family. Kids can put in just what they like and everybody's happy, even the dishwasher.
TheShadow
TheShadow

Postby ascicles » June 29th, 2006, 10:16 am

TheShadow wrote:Here's a cool tip I learned from another forum. Ziploc omelettes. What you do is put a large pot of water on and get it to a rolling boil. Meanwhile set out little dishes of omelette ingredients like ham, onions, chopped spinach, mushrooms, peppers, salsa, etc. Crack 2 large or ex large eggs into a large ziploc freezer bag and mix them well. Then each person adds ingredients to their bag in whatever combo makes them happy. Squish it up and then press out the air and zip the bags. Put up to 6 bags at a time into the boiling water and cook for exactly 13 minutes. Voila!! Ziploc omelettes! Just plop them out of the bag onto a plate and enjoy. It's a fun dinner or breakfast for the whole family. Kids can put in just what they like and everybody's happy, even the dishwasher.

Hmmm, this sounds like a neat idea. I may give it a shot with egg beaters.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby 2FeelGood » June 29th, 2006, 11:17 am

The new quick start guide on the medifast website says we can have 6 egg whites for lean (no restriction on how many days of the week).
-- Momma
31, 5'6".
2FeelGood
Trusted Member

Postby jump4joy » June 29th, 2006, 12:01 pm

TheShadow wrote:Here's a cool tip I learned from another forum. Ziploc omelettes. What you do is put a large pot of water on and get it to a rolling boil. Meanwhile set out little dishes of omelette ingredients like ham, onions, chopped spinach, mushrooms, peppers, salsa, etc. Crack 2 large or ex large eggs into a large ziploc freezer bag and mix them well. Then each person adds ingredients to their bag in whatever combo makes them happy. Squish it up and then press out the air and zip the bags. Put up to 6 bags at a time into the boiling water and cook for exactly 13 minutes. Voila!! Ziploc omelettes! Just plop them out of the bag onto a plate and enjoy. It's a fun dinner or breakfast for the whole family. Kids can put in just what they like and everybody's happy, even the dishwasher.

Sounds great, Shadow! You should put this recipe in the Lean Cuisine section, too. I'm gonna try this one.

Joy
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy

Postby MermaidinBlack » June 30th, 2006, 11:19 am

Ascicles, let me know how it turns out with the Eggbeaters (omelette in a bag) -- I'd like to try it if it works!
Mermaid in Black (Cat)
"He who sings, prays twice"
Started MF 6/26/06
MermaidinBlack

Return to Weight Loss