New and Introducing Myself

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New and Introducing Myself

Postby thininLA » March 2nd, 2005, 10:39 pm

Greetings,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
I started yesterday, March 1, 2005.

I have been researching and reading all about Medifast over the last few weeks as I am READY TO GET THIN and get my healthy mind-set and body back.

Medifast seems like the plan for me. Like many of you I've lost and regained weight in the past. I noticed some things along the way. First, it became a time-consuming, tedious chore to count calories and monitor food while trying to lose weight, no matter what the diet plan was. Also, I would only lose about 1/2 the desired weight before finally giving up and slowly eat my way back up the scale.

While I've always been an active, athletic person, I have also spent most of my life eating too much and unhealthy foods. As I get older I can feel in my body this just isn't going to work, physically and mentally.

I am so busy working full-time and going to grad-school, I love that Medifast is all planned out for me and I just need my packets and a big bottle of water with me. Yesterday and today I left my house at 6:30 am and didn't get home until 8:30 pm. How great was it to not think about what foods I should bring, buy, eat, not eat...!?! It actually freed me from a certain amount of stress that I allow to infringe upon my psyche each morning as I think, okay, today I eat heatlhy, what will I eat today, yesterday I ate, today I ate.... :tongue:

I won't even pretend that I didn't think about all the food around me, especially during my weakest hours in the late afternoon/early evening. But I kept thinking so much about what people wrote in their posts that I have been reading this last week (or as some people say, lurking :oops: ) and it helped me remember why I'm doing Medifast. I even started thinking ahead to times when it will continue to be hard, but I know I just want thinness in the long run more than the "comfort" that food brings in the short term. - So, thanks to all of you who have shared your successes and difficulties along the way to get there. I really appreciate it and I look forward to being another MF success with stories to help another person reach their goal too.

Trying to get the most out of my life that I can,
thininLA

FYI
I'm 39, female, 5'9.
My starting weight (dare I say?) is 230 :(
Do you ever look at yourself and wonder how you let yourself get to this point? Well, I can't change the past, but I can do something about my present and future. Speaking of which...
My goal is 130. :D
thininLA

Postby Nancy » March 3rd, 2005, 1:42 am

Dear ThinInLa and welcome, welcome!

I love your positive attitude! Yep, we all face a bit of a hill or butte at times on our Medijourney but there are NO MOUNTAINS that we can't scale together!

One of the things that appealed to me the most in the early stages of my Medicareer is the fact that all the thinking and worrying about what to eat is taken care of for me - Medifast and it's twenty-something plus years of research and the Take Shape For Life Programs have taken all the guesswork outta losing weight.

It simply works when you follow the simple rules.

It pays to follow the leader in the weight loss industry! Medifast is the perfect tool to build your healthier foundation for the rest of your life!

Shake it up and shake it off!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby purplepansy » March 3rd, 2005, 6:35 am

:o well hello LA! welcome... I've started and stopped medifast more times than the dow goes up and down. I've been through more stress in three months. I've had two major cancer scares and waited for test results. So what did I do? I rewarded myself by eating. I figured if i was going to drop dead I might as well "live it up" :oops:.
I have gained another ten pounds of flab. Thank god :D I am ok. So I join you in this journey, MY LAST JOURNEY of starting medifast.
By day 4-5 I usually have less of an appetite. Good luck
purple~
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Started March 1st already down 6 pounds!

Postby cdiotte » March 3rd, 2005, 6:38 am

I absolutely can't believe it. I weighed myself on Monday and had hit 214-in just 2 days I am now 208! Is this great or what?
cdiotte

Postby raederle » March 3rd, 2005, 6:59 am

Hi there, and welcome, ThininLA!! You have a great attitude, and I'm sure that will serve you well in the weeks and months ahead as you shake away all your excess flabbage. Heck, if you can work FT and attend grad school at the same time, you can do anything! Please do rely on this board to vent, ask questions, and check in; it's a great resource, and I'm sure it will help you along your way as much as it has me. Let us know how you're doing-- we're glad to have you along!

:mrgreen:

And as for cdiotte, welcome to you, too! Sounds like you're already on your way to Thinville, so keep up the great work. Let us know how you're doing and use this board for the great source of info it is; I'm sure you'll keep doing well if you stick to plan and come to the Forum in times of need (and times of boredom, too... ;) ). Good luck and welcome!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 3rd, 2005, 8:24 am

Thininla

Welcome...so glad you joined us...I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE!!!!...it will be a major asset in your medijourney...in no time at all you'll be living and going to grad school in Thinville!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

LAwoman is thininLA

Postby LAwoman » March 3rd, 2005, 9:14 pm

I'm really LAwoman, but I made a little mistake last night and signed in as a guest "thininLA".
(Positive thinking I guess for my future. :lol: )

Forgive this "new kid on the block" :oops:
(and to think, I consider myself "tech savy" :puter: )

It's been 3 days so far and I think I've been fortunate as I haven't had too many hunger pains, headaches..., either because I've been too busy to notice, or this diet doesn't take away my coffee :shock:

I'm keeping a weekly log of my MF intakes and my weight, but I sneaked-a-peak on the scale today to show a 5 lb. loss in 3 days. I know, I know, it always comes off the fastest in the beginning. But hey, all the more motivation. :yes:

I know I already said this, but I love not thinking about what I'm supposed to eat or what I'm going to eat next. A first for me in I don't know how many years.

Thanks again for all your welcoming and encouraging words. :D

LAwoman
soon to be thininLA
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby cthrn007 » March 3rd, 2005, 10:07 pm

Oh that is SO cool LA woman!!

It is so nice to meet you & I am so happy you have already have had success!! It doesn't get much better than that!!

Keep on Shakin' girl!!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby monkeymom » March 4th, 2005, 12:17 am

Woohoo.........another fellow Californian. Hiya LAwoman, and welcome to the absolutely best support you could possibly find while you are Medifasting.
I think the best thing you could have done for yourself was the reading you did here before you started MF. I did the same thing, and I will tell you that it really got me in the right frame of mind for the journey, and it's been smooth sailing for me so far....4 1/2 weeks.

Will be looking forward to seeing you post on roll call Sunday.....I'm sure you are going to be thrilled with your scale :)
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Re: LAwoman is thininLA

Postby Kauket » March 4th, 2005, 5:00 am

LAwoman wrote:I know I already said this, but I love not thinking about what I'm supposed to eat or what I'm going to eat next. A first for me in I don't know how many years.

That's why I picked it too. We half-tried Atkins but it's a lot more complicated than just 'no carbs'. I love that it's so laid out for you. Here's your choice of 10 things. Pick one, 5-6 times a day. Period, the end. No waffling.
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » March 4th, 2005, 7:42 am

Yup, and clean up is a breeze - it's rip, drip, shake, slurp, rinse and you're outta the kitchen and off to do fun and thinny things.

Think of all the $ ya save - the dishwasher rarely runs; less trips to the store so ya save gas $; less smelly trash to take out - just the recycle bin with the flattened little cardboard boxes and plastic water bottles...

lots more time to enjoy your thinner and healthier life!

Ahh...life is good! :easyrider:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby dlr2424 » March 4th, 2005, 8:54 am

THININLA.....I LOVE THE NAME...the positive attitude....Well you are in LA...and inside you are a THIN person....and each shakin day it becomes more visible..........WAY TO GO :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Have a great day!!!!!
Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.