Introducing myself!

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Introducing myself!

Postby artsyphartsy » August 5th, 2005, 5:19 am

My website has a slightly older (and skinnier) picture of me on it for those of you who have been there <snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip> so I thought i would be upfront and LARGLY honest here (HA, get it?) on who i am TODAY. This is me with my only, my daughter Samantha, who struggles with diabetes and is MY hero!

Lisa

<comment>click on WWW button for website - UT</comment>
artsyphartsy

Postby martha » August 5th, 2005, 9:39 am

Hey ARTSY--

Well it's great to finally see ya face :mrgreen: and know who we are talking with..Your daughter is soooo pretty..You have a right to be very proud of her.. Can't wait till you are posting the new and improved pictures of you as you journey along the MF trail..Have a great week--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby want2Bthin » August 5th, 2005, 10:27 am

Lisa-

I think you & your daughter are beautiful!

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » August 5th, 2005, 11:34 am

Hi Lisa.......I gotta tell ya JUST how much you look like my oldest best friend........Oh my gosh ya'll look so much alike I just sat here staring and staring :shock: hehe Anyway........It appears you and your daughter are VERY close...don't ask me how I can see that in the picture.....I just can ;) I'm sorry to hear your daughter struggles with diabetes. I am assuming it is Type I :( I have Type II and was diagnosed at 30 instead of in my 50's as it should have been, being a "later in life" diagnosis. Bless her heart, I'm just glad we live in an age that has so many more conveniences for diabetics and especially for our younger folks who want and need to live an active and fun life 8) You'll see that the smaller you get and the healthier you feel you will have just more energy and SHEER WILL to go out and have TONS OF FUN with her and her friends!! FUN FUN FUN :D Nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you. Oh good grief.........you're BEAUTIFUL!! I guess I've always thought my best friend is so beautiful I just thought it went without saying lol

Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » August 5th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Hi there, Artsy ~

I am so glad that you posted your photo. You have sparkly eyes and a cute smile. Like you, Terry and I have an 'only' and she is the best daughter! I always introduce Becky as 'my favorite daughter.'

Your Samantha is the apple of your eye, isn't she? Betcha you have a lot of pencil drawings of her all over the house and the ones in your portfolio are fantastic.

We are happy that you have joined us and soon you will be healthier and able to do more things with her - maybe join Samantha in dancing to celebrate when you reach your goal, eh?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby horsey girl » August 8th, 2005, 6:29 pm

Artsyfartsy, FINALLY another artist! There have been way too many lawyers on this website :lol: Just kidding, but welcome. Its nice to have diversity. I am a professional sculptor and have made my living that way for more than 25 years. I am another Lisa. Your work looks beautiful. Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » August 12th, 2005, 2:33 pm

Welcome Lisa! Great picture and how neat that you think of your daughter as a hero!

Nice to "meet" you! Can't wait to see less of you!

And lol, Horseygirl, I'm a graphic artist (or was in my past life anyway...being before having kids and ditching my career to be HERE for them at their most needy time!) I have a bachelor's degree in Visual Arts with a emphasis in Graphic Design. I love being creative. I'm not sure what my next life holds (after the kids are in school) but I know it will have to be creative for sure!!!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » August 13th, 2005, 12:08 pm

Artsy..........it is so nice to meet you and both you and your daughter are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!.

Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Studio