Need Support

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Need Support

Postby Roadrunner » January 11th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Ok here goes,

Been on MF for 2 weeks -its starts out with some minor headaches although a shake here and shake there its ok. Lost approx 8lbs feels great to see the scale go down. The problem I am having is fighting the hunger pains. I tried pickles but they just dont give me the appetite suppression thats needed. Everyday goes by and I feel like I am going to go crazy on a binge. My goal is 40lbs to lose although I have a long way to go I think I am going to crack. I realize it takes time but how long...lol? Feels like eternity!! Should i be working out? whats the average loss weekly? Is it differant for everyone? I guess I am just looking for some anwsers cause I need support!!

Roadrunner

Re: Need Support

Postby jayzoe » January 11th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Roadrunner wrote:Ok here goes,

Been on MF for 2 weeks -its starts out with some minor headaches although a shake here and shake there its ok. Lost approx 8lbs feels great to see the scale go down. The problem I am having is fighting the hunger pains. I tried pickles but they just dont give me the appetite suppression thats needed. Everyday goes by and I feel like I am going to go crazy on a binge. My goal is 40lbs to lose although I have a long way to go I think I am going to crack. I realize it takes time but how long...lol? Feels like eternity!! Should i be working out? whats the average loss weekly? Is it differant for everyone? I guess I am just looking for some anwsers cause I need support!!

Heyyyyy, you sound exactly like me! This is my second week on MF too and I am also still hungry *sigh* I hear that some of that may be what we're eating for Lean and Green, we have to watch what condiments we use, etc... I find that if I drink a diet soda, that helps to fill up my tummy quite a bit, as will water....

Ummmmmm, averages around here are all subjective, everyone has a different experience. Seems to me that for women, an average is 2-4 pounds per week, but you gotta take into account that's an AVERAGE. That means some weeks you might lose 4 pounds while the next week you only lose .5 pounds or whatever, ya know? And it's also my understanding that exercise should wait a bit till your body is adjusted to the low calorie level, I'm waiting till a month in and then I'll add exercise bit by bit.... otherwise it may affect your loss...

I need to lose 48 more pounds, so I'm right there with ya, I want it to happen NOW not six months from now or whatever! The best advice I've gotten so far is to literally take it day by day, hour by hour, sometimes minute to minute, when I get those food cravings and I'm hungry, that's when I take it minute by minute! :mrgreen: Come on here and vent or go clean your house or fill your hands with ANYTHING other than food, take up a hobby, etc...

anyway, I know where you're coming from, I'm experiencing the same thing *sigh*
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 11th, 2008, 9:29 pm

EXACTLY what jayzoe said! If you find that you have remained compliant and once you review your foods, you see that condiments or whatever have not taken you over in sugars, start to evaluate your hunger. Is it REAL hunger or is it actually cravings? If you think it is real hunger, is it emotionally charged? I guess what i am saying is after 2 weeks, you should be in ketosis so your actual hunger level should be pretty low if your meals are spaced properly. What is your eating schedule? Try and give us a little more information that way we can possibly come up with pretty good solution or at least additional help.

Oh yeah, i currently use FitDay to track my meals. The PC version allows me to not only track my food but also my moods, place of consuption, avg. weightloss (which has been 2.56lbs a week for the past month but 2.9lbs a week for the past 3 months). This program is extremely comprehensive and allows me to view reports based on calorie consumption vs. mood, hunger vs. mood and many more. Hope i have helped a little bit. Keep at it and lets just figure out what the problem is. Don't give in. You can do this!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » January 12th, 2008, 12:59 am

Another issue may be where you are starting. Some folks actually need more in the beginning. I've had some who have been on a 6-1 and its worked great, so if you are a much larger person or if your body just happens to need more to keep it going, you may want to tweak your program a bit.

We might be able to help more if you could give us an example of when and what you are having.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » January 13th, 2008, 2:48 pm

After only 2 weeks, you should not be working out yet. It is suggested that you start to work out after 3-4 weeks and to start slowly. Take a 1 minute walk every other day for a little while, then bump it up to 15 and so on.

Erica is right on when it comes to assessing your hunger. You really need to get a handle on whether it is real hunger or if it is a craving or a mind game. To do that try drinking a room temperature glass of water before you eat anything. Most people don't know this, but "hunger" pangs can also be your body telling you you are dehydrated. Celery is pretty filling too and you are allowed 3 full size stalks of it.

MF also has appetite suppression supplements AND we are allowed to us over the counter appetite suppression pills too.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » January 25th, 2008, 8:19 pm

Your stomach acid levels may still be adjusting, also. Try some Pepcid or something along that line to quell it. Sometimes that helps.

And the new Momentum products also have appetite supressant properties.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to The Weight Room