New and need your Support :-)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New and need your Support :-)

Postby weightLIFTINGmommy » June 28th, 2004, 1:18 pm

Hello everyone. I am new to the boards but have checked it out and glad I found it. Here is all about me and my goals:

I am 28 years old mother of two beautiful daughters. I am 4'11" tall and weight 150lbs so I am a chunker. I was unpacking clothes the other day after buying a new house and saw all these sizes 4's I use to wear.

Talk about getting depressed. So today I sat here in my size 12 business suit and decided there is no reason why I can not get back into shape and get into my size 4's. So I start my journey tomorrow and hopefully will have the support from you guys (cause I am going to need it). :goteam:

Here is my daily routine I plan on doing:

1.) I plan on lifting weights three times per week. Mondays will be Upper body workouts, Wednesdays will be Lower body, and I will rotate..Friday Upper and so on.... For the first month. After the first month I will go to doing a body part a day.
2.) I plan on doing cardio every day. And on days of weightlifting I will do cardio after so that I make sur I burn more calories. And I plan on doing my work outs at 7am on empty tummy :)
3.) I Plan on drinking at LEAST 3 liters of water a day (this is hard for me cause I hate water but I can do it) :water:
4.) I plan on eating 6 small healthy meals a day with mainly complex carbs. :flip:
5.) I will take pictures and measurements every 4 weeks and post them here to be held accountable

Here is my reasons for doing this:

1.) I am divorced of 4 years and finally found a wonderful man that I will be marrying next spring in Aruba so I have to get in shape for my wedding on the beach.
2.) For my health and I am out of energy and feel ugh all day everyday.
3.) To feel sexy and to have my self-esteem back again
4.) For those size 4 clothes sitting in my closet :thumbsup:
5.) To gain muslce and eat healthy as my body was designed to do and maintain this for the rest of my life.
6.) To help strengthen my bad back.

Ok so that is about all of me...lol.... I plan on getting to know you all and I hope I can give you support as you give it to me...

TOnight is dreaded before pictures and measurements :(

Thanks......

WeightLIFTINGmommy
I am a big loser of FAT! And I will be a sexy HOT MOM AGAIN!
weightLIFTINGmommy

Postby weightLIFTINGmommy » June 28th, 2004, 1:23 pm

Ps..I may need help with getting around this forum so if you have any directional there, please let me know where I need to be :)

Thanks!
weightLIFTINGmommy

Postby Carrie » June 28th, 2004, 1:28 pm

Hi,
Certainly sounds like you've got a plan and are motivated. But it didn't sound like you were planning on following the Medifast program - unless I'm confused. Nevertheless, good luck on your weight loss journey.
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby justme » June 28th, 2004, 1:29 pm

Hello and Welcome...

Am I just a bit confused :? when will you being drinking your medifast shakes? Are you doing the full fast or the modified program?

Carli
Start Date June 15, 2004

253.5/247.5/140
justme

Postby weightLIFTINGmommy » June 28th, 2004, 1:30 pm

OH didnt really this was for an actually program..I am sorry....

No I wont be following any program...so I guess I will have to find a new board..soo sorry thought ti was for weightloss in general .

Thanks!
weightLIFTINGmommy

Postby Carrie » June 28th, 2004, 1:40 pm

P.S. Just to clarify for any newbies just starting the program - Medifast recommends you forgo or at least cut back on your regular exercise for the first few weeks of the program - in order to let your body get used to the program - full details can be found in the FAQ section - didn't want to overly confuse anybody!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby explorthis » June 28th, 2004, 1:42 pm

W-L-M.

Welcome...

First of all, you don’t have to go anywhere, your welcome to remain with us. This is a Medifast support board, but we would be glad to have another active member. Please don’t go away, just because you are not doing Medifast. In fact, I would like to see you achieve your goal. We here on Medifast are here because most good intentions (just like yours) have failed. I am not saying yours is going to fail by any means, just our tries (for most of us anyway) have failed, thus we are here doing Medifast.

I would like to follow your journey, and see in fact if you can do this, as you say. You said you are 4’-11” and are 150. What is your goal? Has to be in the low-low 100’s for a 4’11” frame. Maybe you have a secret that works for you, that might benefit some of us here.

Please, if you like stay around, and keep us posted on your progress, only if you choose to.

We are here for only one reason – to support each other.

Welcome,

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Landylue » June 28th, 2004, 7:59 pm

Hello, WLM! How I would LOVE to be able to fit into a size 12 business suit!!!

Everything is relative, I suppose.

I'm with Mike--why don't you hang around with us for awhile. You absolutely won't find a better place for support and encouragement, no matter what path you choose to lose weight.

Good luck with your program!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » June 28th, 2004, 8:09 pm

Welcome! The more the merrier! I say "Kudos to anyone trying to lose weight". I heard a quote the other day that stated 1 in every 14 people in the US are obese! I'm no longer gonna be the one out of 14!
You go girl! :yeah:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Echo » June 29th, 2004, 5:32 am

Hi, Welcome to the board. I do a 'way modified' plan and work out at least five days a week too, it would be nice to have someone else here who isn't strictly following mf.

I swim 3 days a week, do the eliptical or arc trainer 5 days a week, pilates and step aerobics one or two days a week and the physio ball for abs and butt at least three days a week. Some days I'm in the gym for 2 hours, I could never do that without having something in my stomach first.

I have a bad back too and the ab work on the physio ball is great for that, if you want I can give you a list of the exercises I do with the ball, I have lost four inches in my waist so far.

I drink lots of water too. (instead of the liter bottle of diet coke I used to drink) I also swear by arizona diet green tea. It helps oxidize fat, is an appetite supressant and increases your metabolism. I swear, I get hot flashes on it, either that or I'm going through the change early.

Good luck on your plan, and your engagement. Better hold off on the fittings on your dress because size 4, here you come!
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby weightLIFTINGmommy » June 29th, 2004, 5:37 am

Ok I wont leave :-) and who knows maybe I will learn about the medfast program and give it a try...

And thank you all for your warm welcomes ...
:cleader:

WLM
weightLIFTINGmommy

Postby weightLIFTINGmommy » June 29th, 2004, 5:38 am

Ps..I want to be in a sizse Four as my goal and a bf % of 12 or less. Which is ideal for my small self. Right now I am at 26% BF but on me being short it really shows :x

As far as weight size goes, muscle weighs more than fat so I am not concentrating on the scale only on inches loss so that I dont get discouraged.

Thanks
WLM
weightLIFTINGmommy

Postby Ria » June 29th, 2004, 9:02 am

Hello WLM!

Like you I am petite in stature but with some big muscle covered under some layers of fat! The inches has been melting off me since I started Medfast five weeks ago. I think this is because on this program we stay in a mild state on ketosis so we are constantly burning fat.

Welcome and Good Luck. Based on your proposed regime I think that you will be a "Buff Bride" in no time!
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.