need support

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

need support

Postby sheri1103 » January 30th, 2007, 9:16 am

Hi All - It has been several weeks since I last posted. I feel like my life has been turned upside down and inside out. I had 2 back to back cases of the flu. And the 2nd week of Jan my husband of a year and a half filed for bankruptcy. I knew he had some "stuff" out there - but had no idea it came to $80K - most in back taxes. The advice to me? Get to my attorney and file for divorce ASAP. I own my home and a business - he has no assets. And I guess the BK rules all changed last year and even though his debts were incurrred before he even met me - the court and/or creditors could have come after me. 3 days after I filed and he had moved out, my lovely daughter in CA had a miscarriage. She is fine and they will try again - but all of this has just left my head spinning and my heart hurting. Obviously because of the flu I had no apetite and for the first time ever I am not even inclined to eat sugar or binge - so my 6 weeks (Dec 06 start) on the M/F has started to work. I have not been able to follow the plan. But have kept the weight I lost off - and am hopeful I can try it again. I had such determination when I started in Dec - then the rug got pulled out from under me. Thanks for listening and I can sure use alot of support.
Sheri B
"One day at a time and one pound at a time"
sheri1103
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 30th, 2007, 9:33 am

I am very sorry that you are going through all of this right now. I don't have any experience in the bankruptcy/divorce issues but I am here to listen. I will also give you congrats for not gaining the weight back. That always helps. Like a little ray of sunshine in the storm.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonicaB » January 30th, 2007, 10:49 am

Sheri~ I'm so sorry to hear all that you have been dealing with. :hugblue: Here's little hug for you.

I wish there was something I could do to help, but really the only thing I can offer is prayer and support. You will get your determination back, but most importantly take care of you.

I'll be praying for you.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » January 30th, 2007, 10:52 am

I am so sorry to hear what is going on. I am glad you came to us. We will all help you in anyway just ask.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lucy » January 30th, 2007, 11:31 am

I would definately talk to a good divorce attorney...if fraud on his part can be shown, you marriage can be annulled, and then you are not liable for his debt...the internet is a wonderful place for info, use it...way way way back in my past I had an SOB that I received an annullment from, yeah not one of my better choices in my 20's...fraud is a broad word and a good atty, can help you.
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 30th, 2007, 5:58 pm

I'm so sorry. When it rains, it pours, right? Sounds like you've gotten your bad luck out of the way for a while! We're here if you need us!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Amber » January 31st, 2007, 8:41 am

Good Morning, Sheri, I'm so sorry that you are hurting!
Life seems to be like that sometimes; a person gets all her hurts in one fell swoop. I can certainly relate on the pain of both divorce and miscarriage. Not fair, not fair...
Hug your daughter tight, she's gonna need it! Hug yourself tight, too & hang in, we are here for you!
Last edited by Amber on February 4th, 2007, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MerryMary » January 31st, 2007, 11:30 am

Oh Sherri ... I feel so sad for you. When I read about all your woes I wished I could wave some magic wand and fix things for you! :lightbeam: We both know that's not possible, but what I can assure you of is my prayerful support. pm me if you'd like to talk, vent or whatever ...

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Seaside » February 1st, 2007, 8:19 am

Sherri, That's A LOT for any one person to go through in such a short period of time. Thanks for letting us know what's going on with you and I hope that things get back on a more even keel soon.
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 3rd, 2007, 10:39 pm

In the midst of all the cruddy stuff, Sheri you thought of others by requesting information for your elderly friend and I appreciate that about you. :thumbup:

You were able to keep off the weight you lost and made good food choices during an intensely :redhead: stressful time. Your health coaches and Forum Friends were :angel: praying for you.

As you crawl out from :bricks: under the pile, we :hug: surround you and encourage you as you :stroll: :stroll: march forward with strength and dignity. May success be yours!
:yes:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.