I need a kick in the rear please!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I need a kick in the rear please!

Postby 2BHealthy » June 12th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been on less and less lately because I've been so busy. I haven't always had time to post new topics but I do try to reply now and then. I love keeping up with everyones progress! I'm not sure anyone here still remembers me! Well, the reason I'm posting today is to get your support to stay on track. I'm sure some of you have experienced this but for some reason this last 3wks I have been taking way too many BLT's (bites, licks, tastes) and it's totally affecting my weight loss. I'm up and down and have lost the same 5lb over and over again!! :x I am so mad at myself and have NO IDEA why I'm doing this. Anyway, just looking for any advice you can give before I lose my mind and eat a cheesburger! :shock:

Thanks!
Linda
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » June 12th, 2006, 12:31 pm

Linda~

I was wondering where you went. You can do this. I know it is not easy but I know from your previous posts how strong you are.

PM if you ever need to vent or just need some encouragement.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Hey there,

Postby Ginabobina1969 » June 12th, 2006, 1:13 pm

Course we remember you silly! :-P Sometimes just committing to a week at a time or even a day at a time(if that's what it takes) helps to get things back on track and the results you get from that committment spur you on.

One day at a time adds up to many days. But the journey seems much more doable if you look at it in small steps instead of the whole chunk. you know? I still have a little over 80 pounds to go myself and when I think of that..it just overwhelms me..so I look at this a week at a time. I only need to worry about THIS week. It really is helping me to stay on track much better.

A post borrowed from the smoking support board I used to help in my quit 9 months ago is highly effective with dieting as well:

Practice the four Ps: patience, persistence, practice, perspective. Goes hand in hand with the three Ds: delay, distract, discuss.

You can do this Linda!!!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby JKSRN » June 12th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Sure, you are remembered! It isn't easy to forget someone who has done so well and lost over 40#!! The good news is that you are only tossing around 5#, which certainly says that you have strong control and committment within you. So happy that you wrote the forum today, many others will be so happy to hear from you today, too! Stay strong! :D Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 12th, 2006, 2:23 pm

It's definitely good to hear from you again. Everyone else is right on. But if you can't even commit to one day at a time, how about three hours, just to get you through the next meal? Three hours isn't much to ask, is it?

You can do this! And just keep remembering how good you felt once you got in the groove the last time. You can feel that way again, if you just hang in there a little longer!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » June 12th, 2006, 2:58 pm

You can do this. Those 40# are proof. When i get tempted, I just start planning my evening meal. I tell myself as long as I can have a really good L&G meal, then I can do this fo today. Spice it up and make that meal something special to look forward to.

Postby LeeannNH » June 12th, 2006, 3:59 pm

hi linda

you have already gotten alot of good advice here. i can just throw in some of my experience. if you are at all like me, once i get going i am ok, but getting going is the trouble.

i am on my re-start after losing 60lbs with mf. i gained everything back except 20 pounds! please dont do what i did. you are doing really, really well! take it from me, it was harder than you can ever imagine getting motivated after gaining back over half of what i lost. it is difficult physically and emptionally.

my weight gain started with the up lbs, down 5lbs ferris wheel (like you mention in your post)! finally i just gave up and the weight packed on. you are already going in the right direction by posting here, so keep on going!

you can do this, linda! you are awesome!!!

:mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby 2BHealthy » June 12th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Thanks everybody for your encouragement. I know I won't give up but I'm just getting very frustrated with myself. I just want to break out of this cycle. i really want to stop making the same mistakes over and over again also. I got a lot of good advice, thanks again.
Linda
2BHealthy

Postby DogMa » June 12th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Let us know how it goes. Check in every day - or after every meal, if necessary - to hold yourself accountable.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Arklahoma » June 12th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Linda ~ I know you can do this. Keep your chin up and focus on three hour segments. We're all here for you!!!

Arklahoma

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 12th, 2006, 10:16 pm

Hi Linda,
I know about the BLT's...been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Let us know what we can do to help! When I re-started, I was taking it 15 minutes at a time, but I know you can do it! Just get through 15 minutes, breathe a sigh of relief and then take the next 15 minutes...YOU CAN DO THIS! We're with you!

DeDe
dede4wd

Return to The Weight Room