ohhh my sore rear

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

ohhh my sore rear

Postby big ron » January 9th, 2006, 4:01 pm

What an awakening. I rode my new bicycle today. What happened to the guy I remember? I used to ride miles and miles (25 years and 200 lbs ago) When I posted the other day that I got a bike there was concern about too much excercise causing slow down of weightloss. Well I can only make it around the block :x and my rear bones hurt and out of breath. :help: I am not discouraged but instead encouraged. Obviously I am in trouble. :aarggh: My boss and my company VP are both older than me and are participating in a 150 mile bike marathon :biker: . They heard I got a bike and asked me to participate I told them maybe next time but boy 150 miles is how many blocks? :hammerhead: Well add this to the list of goals and reasons to lose. I still like my bike with a motor better. :easyrider:

keep shakin Ron

p.s. weighed myself this afternoon down 2.5 lbs more thats 17 total I can see the 20 club on the horizon :dancinguy:
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » January 9th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Hey you got out THERE, rode around the block, and DID SOMETHING! WTG!!!

Every marathon, walk, exercise, you-name-it, starts with one single step!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Hyperion » January 9th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Haha Ron, I can so relate...

My coworkers are doing a weekly event which consists of volleyball, badminton, skiing, etc...

I told them that as soon as I get more calories in my body, I'd never miss one of those events. I'm even thinking of organizing them!!

The more I approach my goal, the more I become enthusiast about being active. I'm so full of energy, but am limiting myself to light exercise for the moment (walk, jog). Soon (near the end of my MF cure), I'll do a jogging plan which will allow me to run 4 miles one-shot.

And in May 3rd, when I turn 22, I promised myself I'd be fit for some serious exercise and fun with my coworkers. For the first time in my life, I think I'll be competitive with the others, and actually have a motivation to run, jump, hide, sweat, etc :lol: :lol:

Indeed Ron, let's keep shaking!!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby big ron » January 9th, 2006, 4:19 pm

thanks hype, its funny how your mind tells you that you havent changed and when you try to do something its like you have someone elses body. I dont have any ambition to really do a marathon but I would like to be at a point that I can ride for an hour or two. Its great you are getting a handle on this in your early twenties I hope you stick to maintainance so you can enjoy a healthy life. I am motivated more than ever also I am used to losing at the same rate that you have been enjoying. This time has been a wakeup call for me that it will get harder and harder each time. I bet you look different than your posts now since you are losing like crazy. Good luck Ron
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby big ron » January 9th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Mommy,
thanks I am proud I am doing something and its better than laying on a couch :roflmao: not more fun though thanks for posting
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby Mommy2girls » January 9th, 2006, 4:34 pm

LOL, Ron, I JUST ready your ticker. He he he. Guess you already KNEW what I said.... :D
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ktrout » January 9th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Good on you for making the lap around the block. I'm looking forward to biking, hiking and kayaking again this Summer. You're going to be blowing by my ticker in a day or so !!!
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 9th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Hi Ron,
Don't feel bad. I got a bicycle a couple years ago. The first time I rode it I thought I'd die. A small hill out of the MMT cottage felt like a mountain. Now i can peddle all day if I want. Amazing how those muscles disappear when we quit using them.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Gwenski » January 10th, 2006, 2:42 pm

Ron-

Almost 20 -- woo hoo! My bum feels for you -- TRUST ME!!! Flashbacks, I am having pain flashbacks. Ouch!

Those seats are all made for 40 lb children.....I SO recomend a nice coushy for your tooshie! Makes all the difference in the world. Funny how a real bike is SO different from an stationary bike. Not used to pumping your own weight around, it is A LOT of work.

Glad you are making it an encouraging challenge and not letting it get you down. Outside, fresh air, sun with a little huffing and puffing and burning, at least you could, know you are going to get better and were out there living.

Way to go!

We could start calling you Lance for some cheerleading purposes???
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Return to The Weight Room