Go ahead and line up to kick me in the rear right now!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Go ahead and line up to kick me in the rear right now!

Postby bikipatra » April 8th, 2005, 5:27 am

I am still in ketosis...no hunger. For breakfast yesterday I had an oatmael and then I had my Lean. I had a chicken brestusus. I was upset that i had gained two pounds. I was also ubset we were being evicted. So, I err...went to The Old Ebbitt Grill and drank orange flavored vodka with a splash of soda on the rocks. All I had to eat yesterday was a brown sugar oatmeal and a small chicken breastuses. Then I drank vodka///lots of it!!

I LOST THREE POUNDS!~!!

219!!!!!!!

yeah baby!!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby raederle » April 8th, 2005, 6:16 am

Nobody is going to kick you in the rear, but I'll just tell you what you already know: every time you choose what to eat or drink, you choose to either step toward a healthier you, or away from it. MF will work if you let it and if you dedicate yourself to this program. Everybody messes up, so the important thing is to assess whether you really want MF to work; if so, just hop back on the train and don't look back. You CAN do it, if you CHOOSE to do it.

One thing-- from experience I know that drinking in vast quantities (trust me, I've been there! :mrgreen:) can cause a significant weight drop the next morning because you're very dehydrated. Unfortunately, at least in my experience, the day or two afterwards usually shows a rebound gain of several pounds as your body readjusts its fluid levels. If you end up gaining, don't be upset-- it's not fat; it's water, and it will come off if you stick to the program and be patient. You didn't gain the weight in 3 days; it's not gonna all come off in 3 days. Give your body a chance to catch up with the changes you're making, and you'll do just fine.
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

diabetes

Postby LilMsTexas » April 8th, 2005, 6:23 am

Hey BIKI............don't mean to burst your bubble but did you get your glucometer yet?? Wait until you drink alcohol and then check your blood sugar! Not only is alcohol not allowed on MF, but it is DEFINITELY not allowed for diabetics, and it's surely not on your recovery program either :cry: I figure since you came on here and told us all about your drinking you are seeking accountability so here it is....NO ALCOHOL! Your diabetes hasn't even BEGUN to get under control and you have no idea how much alcohol affects you as a diabetic. It is scary and sooooooooo many things can happen. You are under a great deal of stress and you are falling back into old habits...food and booze....to take the stress away :? When is the last time a vodka bottle reached around and gave you a big ole hug??? Be careful friend....Don't make me come up to D.C. and get you!!

:hug:
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 8th, 2005, 8:47 am

LilM-
You go girl! What a heartfelt response. You would give Dr. Phil a run for his money. :D :lol: :-P

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2005, 10:58 am

Biki ~

Aw…sorry about the eviction notice. Perhaps we ought to pray that the local Bar & Grill also evicts you! Christi’s comments are right-on…

As we begin a new way of eating, sometimes there are other things in our lives that also need a new beginning or ending. This is a time of becoming brand new – inside and out, Biki.

May you find comfort in knowing that there are other options for you and that as you make improved choices, you will reap improved attitudes as well as actions. Our best to you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 8th, 2005, 11:19 am

Ya know Biki..........you have a lot of obstacles to overcome. Sometimes it is best to tackle them one at a time rather than all at once.

Prioritize the things you want to change and attack them one at a time.

As you know, the alcohol thing is your worst problem. It hits you from all sides........it affects your weight, it affects your diabetes, and it affects your ability to make good choices in all areas. Get this under control as best you can.

Having no place to live is an immediate problem to solve. Rather than heading off to the bar, perhaps some phone calls to find another apartment or house would be a better option. Additionaly, getting estimates on getting your things moved from one place to another must be addressed.

Being on the Medifast diet is hard enough without all the other distractions. You have to do all you can to minimize the distractions.....the choices you make can make adversity much better or much worse.

Choice = Power
Power= Control

Being in control is a very good thing.

I wish you the best!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 8th, 2005, 11:22 am

Biki..... :hug: .. :hug: ... :whip: ... :whip: .. :hug: :hug:
Now...the hug is because I care....the whip is the TOUGH LOVE....and another hug because I care......GOD made YOU beautiful & special....you are trying to travel a good road...pray for God's healing & strength to overcome your OLD HABITS.....Today is a new day...only you can make the choice to conquer your challenges...Find a different outlet to vent....not one that is self inflicting......I don't mean to offend you in any way ...It is because we care that we choose to respond.....Life is always full of challenges....they don't go away in a bottle
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » April 8th, 2005, 12:54 pm

I am also chiming in w/ hugs and encouragement. Please be sure to come here and get encouragement to stay on the road. I agree with Dean. You need to prioritize you healing and right now a place to live will be on the top of the list! We're here for you!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room