My miraculous Medifast month...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Carrie » December 8th, 2004, 9:31 am

hey, mornings are traumatic, I never claimed to be conscious before oh, 10 or 11. Cut me some slack!

p.s. But 2am rolls around and I'm just coming into my own!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Marseilles » December 8th, 2004, 10:20 am

hahaha...tell me about it! Im a dork in the mornings, I admit.

My sister has us all beat though..we went shopping one fine afternoon and neither of us realized SHE still had her slippers on until she asked a shoe salesman if she could try on a pair of shoes..I laughed almost hard enough to pee my pants.

Yes Mike, I am woman..hear Eeyore roar! LOL
Marseilles
Preferred member

Mornings

Postby TamiL » December 8th, 2004, 10:54 am

Hey Guys...I loved the chuckle I got from reading those last few threads on how we are in the mornings!!! ;)
I cant top going to work in my slippers...but a few mornings ago..I woke up in a panic...thinking I heard bells and whistles going off and dreaming that I was at work...I got up...in my Pj's...put my boots on and my jacket and ran out to my car...before I realized that I was actually at home..not at work..and in my pajamas in front of the main road where everyone was driving by....they loved my PePe LePew Pajamas and my hair that looked like Pebbles and Bam-Bam!! lol!!
then there are those mornings that you find crazy stuff in the refigerator..like the remote control..or the ice cube tray in the refrig. instead of the freezer...the scary thing is..I live ALONE..so there is no one else to blame!! lol!! :mrgreen:
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Marseilles » December 8th, 2004, 10:57 am

LMAO Tam!!!

I can just see you, half asleep and struggling with your garden hose putting out dream fires.

Can you say vacation?

:roflmao:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » December 9th, 2004, 6:32 am

Wow...day eight, already.

Amazing how time flies when you are having fun! I am finding that each day that passes that I am back on medifast leaves me feeling progressively better than I did while without it. I no longer feel weary or carb-laden and I am energetic in the afternoons rather than wishing I could take a nap. ALWAYS a good thing.

I know that there are a great many of us that struggle for a time while on this journey and I also know from experience how hard it is to get back on track when we 'fall off the wagon'. For the life of me, after eight days back on, I cant recall what was so hard. I feel SO much better, even beyond physically, knowing I am taking the right steps in changing my life and how I see food. I WANT to be healthy. I WANT to be able to do whatever I wish and be capable of it regardless, not have my weight, size or tired old lung capacity defeat me before I even set out the door. I WANT to be able to have a terrific bikini season and go out and enjoy the weather with my family, to go take my dog for a RUN instead of a waddle. I want to take martial arts and yoga and not feel scared to even try, for fear of being the fat chick in the crowd.

All pretty vain reasons? Perhaps..but thats okay, for now. Mostly, I want to set a pattern in my sons life and show him how to live in a healthy manner and make the right food choices. I want him to see that food is for fuel and not all the things we make it to be when we face the daily struggles in life. I want to set an example for my son and my family.

Life is a journey...I'd like to make mine an exceptional one. One that I can look back on one day and be proud of. Id like to hope that I will make a positive contribution to this world and the lives of those around me. What better way to start, than to take care of myself?

I hope you all have a truly blessed day and are successful in YOUR journey. Thank you; for the camaraderie, the friendship and the motivation.

-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby susan » December 9th, 2004, 6:49 pm

Marsellies
you are doing so good .just great keep up the good work. it is so hard to get back on the wagon this is my 1 day back on so here goes.
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Marseilles » December 10th, 2004, 7:30 am

Good Morning and happy Friday, everyone!! :)

Well, I could no longer resist the call of the scale and weighed myself this morning..and although I had hoped to see MUCH more weight loss, I was only down 2 lbs to 182. Kind of disheartening, sure, but I am not going to lament. I FEEL better than I did eight days ago and I know the weight will come off in its own time. Why? Because medifast as a plan CANNOT fail and I have followed it faithfully for the past eight days.

So, although its a bit of a drag and I could spend time trying to figure out why I have lost so little, I choose not to. Who knows why my body is clinging to the weight but I will show my body who is in charge here, mark my words!! That and the hopes that the next couple days before Sunday are kind to me! LOL

Welcome, day nine...BRING IT ON!!! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » December 13th, 2004, 6:20 am

Happy Monday, everyone! :)

Well, as I posted yesterday in roll call, I had a loss last week of 3.5lbs. Although I had hoped for more on my first week back it is still a welcome loss and I will take it! It sure beats gaining, doesnt it? I am now at day 11 and feeling really well, in spite of a touch of the stomach flu over the weekend. I have developed quite the taste for vanilla shakes and find myself drinking them plain as opposed to getting flavor-creative anymore. All is well!!

You know, as I read over the forum this past few days I have noticed that there are a fair lot of us lamenting either the seasonal temptations, or how poorly we feel having already given in to them and I find it more than a little disconcerting. We are all here with a single, common purpose and that is to TAKE BACK OUR LIVES. Each and everyone of us, for whatever reason, has let ourself get into a situation where food was not only a problem but it controlled us. Controlled us to the point where it was LIFE altering and we chose it over our health, well-being and happiness. Well, my Medifast friends, we have arrived. Each and everyone of us here, with a single, common purpose and a TRIED and TRUE means to achieve our goal; has arrived. Tis the season of coming into our own and realizing what power WE have over food.

Which side of the proverbial buffet table will you find yourself on?

Will you find yourself bloated and overstuffed, having given into the fleeting solace of all the comfort foods and holiday goodies that helped you into your size XXXL's in the first place? Will you be ridden with feelings of guilt and waning self worth, wishing you could have and HAD resisted? Will you hop on the scale on January 2nd and assess the damage and HOPE you can find the willpower to shake that first shake all over again, to come and face everyone here and admit to the blunder; hoping for the support and forgiveness you cant seem to manage to allow yourself?

Or will you choose to harden your resolve and turn your nose up at the seasonal goodies instead? Will you allow the holidays to be a time not only spent with loved ones, but the season in which YOU learn to give yourself a pretty important gift? I daresay the BEST gift you could give yourself? The season in which YOU take control and put YOURSELF first, over and above the call of the goodies? Will you come through the other side of the holiday season feeling empowered by your self control and THAT MUCH CLOSER to your goal?

Imagine... January 2, 2005. Will it be a day where you see a SMALLER number on the scale and a tremendous way to start the NEW YEAR, a day where you raise your arms, feeling victorious; or will it be a day in which you face your perceived shortcomings and expanding girth?

YOU and ONLY YOU have the power to make the choice. A little secret: it IS a CHOICE. I know what I am giving myself for Christmas this year, I CHOOSE to stay faithful to medifast over the holidays, even though the temptations will be there. I choose to start the new year off on the right foot and to make 2005 my healthiest, happiest year to date. I choose ME.

Where will YOU be over the holidays?

I hope you all have a truly wonderous, empowering and HAPPY day!! :)
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Sylvia » December 13th, 2004, 10:59 am

Marseilles,

You are absolutely right - it is a choice! I guess I was fortunate in that I completed my weight losee without having to make it through the Winter holidays. You know what? If I would still have been on the program, I would have sucked it up and kept at it.

I did make it through a number of Summer parties, BBQ's and the like where I drank water or had a lean and green while everyone else gorged. I felt great. Looking back, I had plenty of fun at those events without eating. I also felt great that I was able to stick to my plan. I also watched how others were eating and that strengthened my resolve to get this done and eat healthier and in less quantity from now on and forever.

So while I'm still struggling a bit to get this maintenance thing down, I have achieved my goal and have changed my mindset about food. It is more than worth all of the sacrifices!
Sylvia

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » December 13th, 2004, 12:20 pm

Marseilles,

GREAT post!!!!! Just the kind of thinking we need to be mulling around right now BEFORE we get into those foodie situations that are coming with Christmas. Way to be PROACTIVE!!!!

Sylvia,

This is my fourth week of transition - added fruit FINALLY! WOW! Does THAT taste GOOD!!!! I'll add my other thoughts over in the maintenance forum where it's more appropriate but just wanted to give you a shout out - Hey!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

great posts

Postby mombarnes » December 13th, 2004, 6:32 pm

I agree. We need to stick together through these holidays. The posts have thoughts & feelings that I'm sure are meaningful to us all. I can't add anything! PERFECT!

Sasa & I (she introduced me to MF & is on this Forum) have spent New Year's Day together forever and have always had the traditional good luck foods that we Southerners believe in. She has a new idea this year to start a new tradition with MF. I think it's a great idea!
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby TamiL » December 14th, 2004, 11:02 am

M-
GREAT POST....Im printing that one out and carrying it with me to read and remind myself of MY CHOICE.... :-P

thanks for the words of wisdom!! :D
Tami

TamiL

Postby Nancy » December 14th, 2004, 5:41 pm

Marseilles ~

Thank you for reminding our Forum Friends that the gift of health and life is a treasure to be enjoyed.

There are many food-centered events and holidays - we can come up with something foody nearly every week, eh? Time with family and friends is much more important than a sugary cookie or a greasy teriyaki chicken wing!

Like you, I choose the healthy and happy Medifast way to approach life - :cheers: Shake on, my thinnin' Friend!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Marseilles » December 15th, 2004, 6:39 am

Greetings, All!! :)

Wow, December 15th and day fourteen back on medifast is upon me and I feel GREAT!! For the most part I am breezing through, although there have been moments of temptation. Yaaay!!! to the power of resisting the call of food!!!

Thanks much for your responses to my previous post, I am glad to know that my ramblings spoke to some of my dear medifriends! I have decided that 'January 2nd' will be something of a mantra to me as I chart my course through the holidays, knowing full well that there will be temptations aplenty. I REALLY want to stay true to myself and not succumb to them. I am so looking forward to stepping on the scale at the start of the year knowing I have succeeded and that my willpower has grown while my hiney has depleted! It is, to me, a very empowering thought; the ability to start my entire year off on the right foot. Wow!! Pretty powerful stuff...never know, might just change the shape of the entire year to come!

Now...if only I could summon the same gumption with regards to Christmas shopping!! I -despise- Christmas shopping, or -any- shopping; really. LOL!

I hope you all have a super wonderful day today!!!
-M.
:exercise:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby TamiL » December 16th, 2004, 11:32 am

Hey M-
Well Im sailing right behind you my shakin buddy...11 days so far..and FEELING FABULOUS!! isnt it amazing??? I feel so great today...my hunger is completley GONE!! and to top it off...I got my medifast order last night...and got to have TUNA SALAD (essentials One) for dinner with some medifast crackers!! it was AWESOME!!
I have had no temptation at all...one of your AWESOME posts spoke about CHOICE.....THIS IS MY CHOICE...I CHOOSE this...to stay faithful this time around...no more cheating myself...no more licks of this or nibbles of that..only to spiral out of control. I am once again..in control of what I am putting in my mouth....and what I am NOT!! and it feels great!! in only 11 days...I am wearing my uniform pants that I could not button 2 weeks ago!! that is a miracle!! :)
I feel excited for the first time in a long while...excited that I am finally back on the medifast yellow brick road...and its going to take me to that pot of gold this time..no falling down.....

HERES TO reaching our goals M.....
Christmas and the holidays may be ruff...being around the food..but what better christmas present to give ourselves..than staying faithful and clean..and waking up with this feeling everyday??? nothing can taste as good as this feels!! NOTHING!!

Keep up the great work... :-P
Tami

TamiL

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room