Medifast 55 Starter Kit (1 month)

Questions/Comments about Ordering Products.

Medifast 55 Starter Kit (1 month)

Postby jaysboo » May 3rd, 2005, 9:35 pm

I am planning on purchasing some of the Medifast products, but I am stumped on what I should purchase. I am leaning more towards the Medifast 55 Starter Kit, but it says that it is supposed to last 28 days if you follow the 5 in 1 plan. However, also in the details it reads that there are only 84 boxes. I calculated and figured that there should be at least 140 boxes to last 28 days, if you are drinking 5 a day, shouldn't it? What am I doing wrong? I want to be sure that it will last 28 days before I spend that kind of money. I am soo eager to get the shakes and start shaking. lol :lol:
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen."
jaysboo

Postby Dean0408 » May 3rd, 2005, 10:19 pm

Hi there jaysboo........welcome and congratulations on your first post! :mrgreen:

I looked at the starter kit to which you are referring. You are right in that you will receive 84 shakes, however there are a lot of other things you will get with the starter kit as well. Each of these items are to be used as a Medifast meal instead of having a shake. The contents are as follows:

84 Shakes
28 Bars
14 Oatmeals
14 Chicken Noodle Soups
14 Chicken and Wild Rice Soups

Total equals 154 meals

5 and 1 plan means you will need 5 Medifast meals per day along with your own "Lean and Green" meal (the amounts you are allowed to have during this meal are spelled out in the literature you will recieve with your starter kit)

154 meals divided by 5 meals per day equals 30.8 days.

So, there is truth in advertising after all......hehe

Congratulations on your decision to begin Medifast. It really works!! All you have to do is follow the instructions...........stay on plan.......and drink ALL your water. Before you know it, you will be buying smaller clothes.

Once again, welcome to the forum!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 3rd, 2005, 11:42 pm

Hi Jaysboo,
Welcome to the forum, and Dean's absolutely right.

One more thing, be SURE to contact a health advisor BEFORE you place your order, and you'll receive nearly $80 off.

If you'd like to order with MMT, use the 800 number at the top of this page.

This isn't a shameless sales pitch, (well maybe a little...:)), but I hate to see you lose out on the promo discount. Once your order gets into the system, we can't get you credited for the discount.

We're glad you found us....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby jaysboo » May 4th, 2005, 11:14 am

Ok, good. Now it makes more sense to me. I appreciate the clarifications. And thanks Unca_Tim for the info on the discount. I can sure use it.
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen."
jaysboo

Postby Diet Diva » May 7th, 2005, 7:55 am

Hi there,

Thought I'd share my 2 cent's worth here...I also started my Medifast program with the starter kit, and I'm so very glad I did. It was the most economical way to get started and it helped me understand the structure of the program, and get a feel for how to manage a new food system. I rationed my Medifast meals the same way each day for that first 28 days, that way I wasn't left stuck having to eat oatmeal for an entire day, for example. This is what I did, and it helped get me on the right track:

Morning- shake
mid moring-shake
lunch- soup
pm snack-bar
dinner-lean and green or shake
pm- another shake or oatmeal if I didn't do lean and green.

Hope this helps. The cool thing about the starter kit is that you will get a variety of things and it will allow you sample many items. You will definitely have your favorites by the end of the month.
Good luck.

Diet Diva :D :D :D :D
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 7th, 2005, 10:53 am

So Diet Diva this whole time you have been doing a 4-1 not a 5-1? Or if you do a full fast you have been having 5 shakes? A full fast is 6 shakes not 5 shakes, right? Argh, you have lost 50 pounds....makes me want to cut out a shake... :cry:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Diet Diva » May 8th, 2005, 9:54 am

Hi Bikipatra,

To answer your question about my plan:

I started originally doing the 5 shakes and 1 lean and green, and that was my basic game plan. During the course of my medifasting, there were some days that doing the lean and green wasn't an option due to travel, work, time or other constraints. It was during those days that I would end up doing a full fast with a total of 6 shakes. I've heard that some folks do a full fast on 5 shakes, but I'm afraid my body would revolt! I really look forward to my medi-meals.

I have really become accustomed to eating 6 times a day whether it's a 5-1 or full fast. And yes, I'm now in the 60 lb. club. My weekly loss is often 2 lbs, sometimes 3-4, but it has been consistent.

I love what medifast has given me....freedom to do the things I spent too many years hiding from, basically living my life to the fullest!! Each week I feel stronger and stronger and I can't even imagine where I'd be if Medifast hadn't become part of my success plan.

Best wishes, and hang in there to meet your goal to live your best life!
Have a great day.
Diet Diva
Diet Diva

Diet Diva

Postby Jan » May 8th, 2005, 2:23 pm

Hi Diet Diva I looked over your medifast plan and it looks fine. Our protocol has been changed by Dr. Anderson. After much research it was determined that we no longer have to have 3 shakes and 2 other M.F. meal replacements/day. We can have any of the M.F. meal replacements as long as we get in 5 M.F. and one lean & green per day. ( if you are on the 5-1 plan.) I personally think the shakes are great so generally stick with 3 - 4 shakes / day but on days that are cold - I go for the soup Just be sure that you only have one bar per day that remains unchanged!! Nancy tells me she had one client that lost her weight eating the chocolate pudding-- just chocolate pudding!! Keep working it -- we'll all make it -- jan
Jan
Preferred member

Diet Diva

Postby Jan » May 8th, 2005, 2:27 pm

:( :oops: I'm back Diet Diva -- I just reread your diet plan -- I guess I didn't read it carefully enough :( :( It does look like you are skipping a meal replacement -- You need to have the oatmeal or shake in the evening in addition to the lean and green Make sure you get in 5 meal replacements per day or you will SLOW your weight loss!! jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Diet Diva » May 8th, 2005, 3:54 pm

Hey there Jan,

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts and comments. No need to panic, I have 6 meals a day--I promise, I really do!!! I do the 5-1 or the full fast with 6 medi-products a day. Here's my timeline:
6am-shake
9am-shake
noon- soup
3 pm-bar
6 pm- lean and green
9 or so: oatmeal--The best way to end the day!

Just like you, I really like the shakes as well. This timeline seems to be my favorite daily combination, it just really works well for me.

Thanks again for your willingness to check in and share your support. That's why this forum is soooo much fun. I really like the team spirit that everyone offers. This website has been absolutely invaluable for me on my journey.

PS. I appreciate your comment about the bars, and doing yes, only one a day! I have been compliant during the whole process, but I can tell you there were days that I would have given just about anything to have JUST ONE MORE SMORE OR PEANUT BUTTER BAR! ha.. oh the fun we have here!

Have a great day.
Diet Diva
Diet Diva

Postby fatBgone » May 8th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Hi Diet Diva (& Jan & bikipatra)
I was just reading through this thread and I think there was a slight misunderstanding on Diet Diva's original post about her daily menu.

I think that she was saying that she always has that last evening meal...it's just that sometimes it's a shake and sometimes it's an oatmeal - depending on whether or not she had the lean/green meal. That last little phrase of
pm- another shake or oatmeal if I didn't do lean and green.
didn't mean that she doesn't have it if she had the lean & green - just that she has the oatmeal if she didn't have the lean & green and a shake if she did do the lean & green. (Anyway, that's how I think she meant it...but that's why you guys thought she was having 4 MF meals & 1 lean/green or 5 MF meals and no lean/green.)
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Medifast protocol

Postby Jan » May 8th, 2005, 9:33 pm

Yup, you're right -- should have stuck with my first inclination and not overanalyzed it. Now that I re-read it --it was as I first thought!!! Its been a long day -- no grandchildren but my daughter decided her dog -- a huge english mastif black lab mix could visit all day with me today!! You're all doing GREAT
Jan
Jan
Preferred member

Ordering two week supply but only shakes..... can I do that?

Postby JadeEyes4u » May 9th, 2005, 2:14 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:Hi Jaysboo,
Welcome to the forum, and Dean's absolutely right.

One more thing, be SURE to contact a health advisor BEFORE you place your order, and you'll receive nearly $80 off.

If you'd like to order with MMT, use the 800 number at the top of this page.

This isn't a shameless sales pitch, (well maybe a little...:)), but I hate to see you lose out on the promo discount. Once your order gets into the system, we can't get you credited for the discount.

We're glad you found us...

I am interested in buying a two week supply but would like to order only shakes for the weeks supply....I also seen the reply from Unca Tim and seen that their might be a discount of around 80.00 ...can someone help me????????????????
JadeEyes4u

Medifast Starter Kit One Month Supply

Postby Ivonne1970 » May 9th, 2005, 2:18 pm

Unca Tim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seen I might be able to order a month supply with probably a $80.00 discount. Please let me know how I am able to place order w/ disc and I would also like to know If I am able to order a month supply but just shakes. Thanks ..... :)
Ivonne1970

Postby Unca_Tim » May 9th, 2005, 3:26 pm

Hi Ladies,
The starter kits are standard pre-made packages offered by TSFL. (Take Shape for Life), which is a subsiduary of Medifast formed to help support Medifast customers through assigning them a "Health Advisor".

They come in Chocolate, Vanilla, Variety, and there's also one available for Diabetics. Unfortunately, you can't mix and match, as they are already pre-packaged.

They're only available for 1st time TSFL customers. You can click on Terry and Nancy's pic at the top of this page, and go to their TSFL corporate link in the main menu under Products/Starter Kits for more info.

You'll see the regular price is $312 for the womens 55 kit. With the 1st time promo code, it knocks it down to $233ish I think, and includes free shipping and your own personal TSFL health advisor. It's actually best to phone a health advisor and talk over the programs and any health issues you may have. You don't really need to, but it's a good way to find a health advisor that you "click" with if you're serious about the program and plan on being on it for some time.

You can view a few of Terry and Nancy's health advisors here:
http://www.makemethinner.com/healthadvisors/

You can give your health advisor a call and they'll walk you through the sign-up and order process, or you can do it yourself, but be sure to call or email them for the code BEFORE you place your order.

If you do it yourself, during the order process you'll see a field to enter the promo code into. The total price with be automatically adjusted once you enter the code. Be sure to get the code and enter it BEFORE you finalize an order. Once you enter your order, you can't be credited for the discount if you haven't entered the code.

To answer your question about "Just Shakes", I always order mine by the case and receive a 10% discount.

Also on your second TSFL order you can get on "AutoShip", which gives you 5% off on your second order and increases up to 12% later on.

So after a few months, if you order by the case, and have signed up for AutoShip, you can receive up to 22% on every order. EVERYONE that's planning on being on the program for several months should be on AutoShip. There's no reason to NOT take advantage of up to a 12% discount. We have quite a few customers now that receive the 12% AutoShip discount on all their orders.

Oh....and there's always free Fedx 3rd day shipping on all orders over $200.

Wheeeew....probably didn't cover everything, but it's a start.
Let me know if that answered your questions.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Order Info