Mavesse

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mavesse » January 2nd, 2008, 8:38 pm

Whew! I've made it through two days of compliance...I'm thrilled to be back on the plan!

As expected, these days have been nail-biters, but I'm hoping things will settle down soon. I'm also waiting for a big Medifast shipment with all my favourites like cappuccino, chai lattes, hot cocoa and chocolate-mint bars, so once they arrive, this will become even easier.

One aspect of my program that's going to be more challenging than last time is the fact that things are decidedly not cool between the border guards and I at the Canada/US crossing nearest my house. Six months ago, I ordered to my US address with no troubles, and orders generally arrived within about five days.

Since then, I have been have had a run-in with the macho dudes who collect taxes on the Canadian side. They are convinced I'm trying to trick them; I swear I have never, ever shirked my duty...and of course they have no evidence.

So though they have never actually formally charged me with anything, they do give me a rough time whenever I cross, saying things like, "This is a small town, and word gets around...I heard what you did last week...you aren't hiding anything, are you?" The whole process is pretty upsetting and I don't want to go through it again.

So, I tried having my Medifast shipped to Canada, but so far, it's been three weeks and still no sign of it. It's not the company's fault, I'm sure. It's customs. But this is too long. What if I forget something? I can't go without for three weeks!

As a compromise, I think I will have my mom order my Medifast stuff, and pick it up in the US for me. Though this is kind of risky too, because she's so steamed at the guards for giving me a rough time that she's likely to tell them off and get herself in their bad books, too! :roll:

So, two days. Who would have guessed? I'm really happy!

And a special thanks to Tawanda, Katie and Biki for stopping by...It means the world to me!

:mrgreen:
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 2nd, 2008, 9:11 pm

hi mavesse, welcome aboard for your restart! Jeez, as if it weren't hassle enuff to fight with weightloss, border guards have to get involved! Hope everything works out fine and you have enuff product to keep on going. You seem to have a good mindset towards the program and seem to be ready. <fingers crossed for no shipping problems>!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mickeyz » January 3rd, 2008, 10:10 am

Happy New Year and Welcome Back!

I think you mentioned in someones journal about your concern about hair loss. I did MF 3 years ago and had awful hair loss. I am not sure why, but I already have very thin fine hair and can't afford to lose a single strand! I was on 5/0 and also under lots of stress.

This time I was on 5/1 and I am taking extra vitamins. The 2 main things I take for hair are Biotin and Flax seed oil. I have had only slight loss this time and I hope being on maintenance it will come back. I noticed at the health food store the other day they actually have a formula for hair...I haven't tried it though.

Good Luck. Sorry to hear about all the problems trying to get your products!

Oh, and congrats on your house, sounds really nice.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mavesse » January 5th, 2008, 12:30 pm

I'm feeling a little blue today . :(

First, my Medifast shipment didn't arrive and possibly never will. I called to check on it yesterday, and it was shipped to my box number, but the wrong city. I guess when I placed my order by phone someone screwed up the address--me or the customer service person, who knows.

Anyway, I'm all out of supplements and have been off plan for two days now. I placed another order in my mom's name and hopefully it will be at my US address in about a week.

I'm so afraid I won't triumph over this setback. Already, I know I could probably cobble together a program out of a few New Lifestyle Diet shakes I have and possibly some Atkins stuff...I just want my Medifast. :cry:

OK: that's out of my system. For real. I'm heading over to other threads and another forum for advice on local store-bought alternatives, and I'm back on the plan--or at least a low-carb, low-fat alternative, as of this minute. I don't know if I've ever actually righted myself in the middle of the day before, but I guess I'm about to do it!

With my border-guard troubles, shipment difficulties, etc. it feels like somebody up there is helping me realize how important this is to me. I want to lose weight very, very badly. I can't wait another day week or even another minute. :-P
Mavesse

Postby bikipatra » January 5th, 2008, 1:58 pm

If you really want to and are commmitted to losing weight through Medifast you can conquer this easily. Just start back again when you get your product and until then do you very best not to do any damage. I was in the hospital for a week without Medifast and I didn't even gain any weight. Mistakes happen and unfortunately one or two did, but in the grand scheme of things better planning in the future and double checking those addresses and ordering before you are about to run out (I know sometimes finances prevent this) should make sure this doesn't happen again. Good luck and don't give up!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mavesse » January 15th, 2008, 10:31 pm

So, I'm finally back on the plan.

This has been a rocky start. Customs problems, a lost order, then having to depend on the kindness of strangers to pick up the second order, and now wondering if I'm out some $300. But the good news is, I haven't gained back the five pounds I lost earlier this month.:)

But anyway, here I am, wrapping up a successful day one for the second time this month. I don't feel so hot, but that's not really due to the diet. I've had a headache for about five days now. :(

I don't feel excited this time, or hopeful. I can't imagine being thin, or feeling on top of the world, or even not being ashamed of the way I look. So I guess I'll just grit my teeth and hang on.

My headaches are caused by high blood pressure, and I'm hoping that losing weight will help get rid of them. I just want a break from feeling like hell. That's my dream right now, and I'm so scared that this is just what life is going to be like now. :uhuh:
Mavesse

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 15th, 2008, 11:19 pm

I'm so glad you got your product and are back on. Second time this month sucks, but I hope your logistical problems are a thing of the past!

I hope your headaches go away soon and the weight loss and improved health helps your blood pressure.

I can feel in your last post that you're not as excited or hopeful, I go through the same thing...the whole "I'm never going to get there" thing. I go through it in phases and they don't last long. I'm hopeful that you'll stick it out! The motivation of my first week's losses get me back in the attitude of losing...it's like yeah, I can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!! And hopefully, you'll start feeling better! I spent the first week of my restart really sick, so I know how much it sucks to start the program not feeling right.

You can do this, let's do it together!
D
dede4wd

Postby KellyC » January 16th, 2008, 7:28 am

Hi there Mav :) I'm restarting from last year too.. and I've been through hell and back to figure out how to get my supplements to Canada. Where in Canada are you btw?

My first MF shipment I ordered directly from MF and it arrived pretty quickly. Then I found this place, and started ordering through TSFL, which unfortunately doesn't ship to Canada. So I opened up a PO Box at Mailboxes Etc. in Plattsburgh NY, and have my shipments sent there. It's about an hour to get there from Montreal.

I applied for a Nexus pass (we can't post links here, if you just google Nexus pass and you'll find it).. this allows me to pass the border without talking to immigration officers and border patrol most of the time (occasionally they still stop even in the Nexus lane for inspection, but they're alot nicer). Because you have to go through an FBI and RCMP background check, even if you border cross where there is no Nexus lane, if you show your card, the border patrol tend to be alot less intense.

Anyways, I hope all of this gets straightened out for you. Let me know if you have any questions, me and border patrol on both sides are old buddies, I've been through every situation imaginable with those jerks.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mavesse » January 16th, 2008, 8:40 pm

Wow, I was a pretty unhappy lady last night. Today feels better.

And I've stayed on plan!

And this was no ordinary day. I had to go to a dinner meeting after work, but I snuck home and had some eggs and salad first, then, because it was a super-long meeting, I nibbled on a bar while my colleagues had the buffet. I just tried to focus on the guest speaker, and taking the minutes.

Thanks to everyone who stops by with words of encouragement. It truly makes a difference in my day! :D

And a special thanks to Kelly for understanding my border woes. It's too bad I live in BC. I wish we could be like the Thelma and Louise of Medifast, speeding away from the law in a vintage convertible and lighting things that annoy us on fire and picking up the odd Brad Pitt along the way!

'Night everyone :wave:
Mavesse

Postby ChynnaDoll » January 16th, 2008, 10:25 pm

PROUD is what i am of you Mav:+)...you're doing it!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 17th, 2008, 4:57 am

We need some kind of Medifast Mafia that guarantees shipments on the down low worldwide....we would probably have to involve the Russians.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby KellyC » January 17th, 2008, 7:32 am

On it.. I've still got family in the "old country". ;)
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 17th, 2008, 9:12 am

Way to stay OP Mavesse.

I'll talk to Guido about the shipments....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 17th, 2008, 10:53 pm

Sounds like we'll get this fixed pretty quick...sounds like Unca and Kelly "know people who know people!"

Border woes, smorder woes...forgettaboutit with those two on the case! You're staying on program YAY! That's what I'm talking about!
dede4wd

Postby Mavesse » January 18th, 2008, 9:47 am

Just beginning day four and still hanging in! :D
Mavesse

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal