Mavesse

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby MerryMary » May 12th, 2007, 12:45 pm

Mavesse wrote:The amazing part is I'm back on track and for that reason, the slip was almost worth it. I was really paranoid that I would go off on a bender and then be stuck with hundreds of dollars worth of MF food and not be able to make myself start again...but I did :clap: and now there is one less scary monster lurking around the corner.

I love your analogy! I ususally refer to it as facing my demons :lightsword: In any case, each time you win the small battles you are closer to accomplishing your goal!! I hope you feel empowered by the fortitude you've shown!! :star: WTG!
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 12th, 2007, 1:08 pm

Good for you on getting right back on the program! :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KellyC » May 12th, 2007, 1:20 pm

That is really great that you moved past this slipup. Good for you!
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby holberry » May 12th, 2007, 1:47 pm

Cheers to you :hug:
you hopped right back in the saddle. Your in onderland and going down. Take care of yourself!
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mavesse » May 14th, 2007, 7:48 pm

Here I am, still chugging along. I'm starting to make summer holiday plans, and I'm thinking there's a chance of my losing another 10 to 20 pounds before I leave on July 22. That's kind of cool to imagine!

I hope everyone is doing well with their programs. Will write more when have more to say :lol:

I'm off to watch "Dancing with the Stars"--I love that show!
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 14th, 2007, 7:53 pm

You're summer vacation doesn't start until July 22? Does you're district go year-round? I'm just curious, sorry!

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Mavesse » May 15th, 2007, 3:25 pm

No, I work in a district that has summers off--thank goodness!

I just won't be going away until late July.

I don't think I would want to work in a year-round district, but I have heard that many teachers love it.

Summer is sacred to me :-P
Mavesse

Postby Mavesse » May 16th, 2007, 7:40 am

Today marks four weeks now that I've been on Medifast. Even with some slips, I've lost 16 pounds in that time! :D

In some ways, it gets easier as I go along. The food doesn't seem so freaky anymore; my bad moods have settled down a little. And being down that extra weight feels so very, very good!

So now I've become a little evangelical. I've bitten my tongue so far, but I have a friend who is really struggling with her weight, and I really wish I could share the secret of my success. I want everyone to know that there's a plan that is comfortable and works because believe me: if I can follow this program, just about anyone can.

But I also know how hurt I might be if someone suggested a weight loss plan to me, however fabulous, so I'll keep it to myself...Unless someone asks :twisted:
Mavesse

Postby Lauren » May 16th, 2007, 7:46 am

Mavesse, you're doing great, congrats on getting into the zone! The lighter moods are definitely a great bonus, I started feeling good all the time - I called it the Medihigh! :-)

I totally know what you mean about being evangelical about it - I want to go up to every obese person and tell them that I have a solution and shout it from the rooftops, but here's the reality: as great as Medifast is, it's only going to work if the person is ready to work it. I know that I needed to finally have that "click" in my brain where I was willing to do anything in the world to lose the weight, and I had the click and found Medifast. Medifast is such an awesome tool because when you do have the "click," it is an easy to follow plan with fast and furious results! But the results won't come if the person isn't ready to make it happen, you know? So, going up to a friend (or stranger) won't make any difference in the world, the same way that if someone recommended a diet to you, before you were ready, it wouldn't impact you either (other than to insult the heck out of you!).

So, we'll just have to have our own cheering section and be available to the folks who come to us, curious how we lost so much weight, and eager to learn about MF.

Until then, just keep on being a shining example of how great this program works, and more importantly, how awesome you are doing at making it work!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby holberry » May 16th, 2007, 7:47 am

morning Mavese
Great loss!
I'm with you, Id love to tell people, but hmmm, guess they have to ask. This plan is really perfect for me, maybe not for the next person. My secretary asked yesterday about it. She said, well it couldn't work for her ,cuz nothing has worked. I told her that it seems to me that everyone on this board is quite successful
oh and Mav, it does get easier and easier.
hugs
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tawanda » May 16th, 2007, 7:57 am

Congratulations! 16# in 4 weeks is an awesome amount to lose! You beat me by 4 or 5# if my memory is correct......so I'm envious ;) but thrilled for you.

Lauren is right....the program works and is (relatively) easy when it has clicked within ourselves. I am thankful (and in awe) each morning and night when I've stuck to program and watch the scale numbers get smaller. I just wish I could bottle up my feelings, in regards to sticking to program, to share with others who are struggling to do the same.

You're doing wonderfully!
Tawanda

Postby bikipatra » May 16th, 2007, 8:32 am

Congrats on the loss and trying to carry the MF message.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mavesse » May 19th, 2007, 8:44 am

Warning: What follows is pretty dark. Please don't read if there is a chance I can bring you down :nonono:

Okay...I was plainly getting cocky. I really thought I was on top of the world.

And now, after three days off the program, it's taking everything in me to drink this first giant glass of water and start the day right.

What happened? I honestly don't know what set me off. But here I am, five pounds up, and feeling ashamed.

I plan to stick close to home today, checking this board often, writing in my hard-copy journal and doing some serious thinking on why I would deliberately put myself through this.

On Wednesday, I got a call from my mom. She was scheduled to flip burgers at our track meet--a huge event my school hosts for our whole district. Her knee has become so sore, she had to back out. She was in tears, and I was angry. My mom is about 150 pounds overweight. Slowly, this extra weight is stealing her life. Bit by bit, nearly every activity that she enjoyed has become impossible. Her back hurts, her feet are too swollen, she's too tired.

And get this: I am the genetic replica of my mother. She said she could see it when I was first born. We have the same dimples on our butts. We have the same baby toenail that won't grow in right. We have the same space between two teeth on the left sides of our mouths, the same scoliosis in our backs, the same moles on our right thighs, the same big brown eyes...The same epic struggle to be thin.

So, how many people can see exactly how painful and empty life will be 20 years down the road if they don't pull it together? I already have a tingling feeling in my back and a creaky sound coming from my knee. And yet, I don't seem to learn from this awful lesson.

I want a better life for me. And I want a better life for my mother. I'm not ready to pack in all the fun we used to have together. And it's awful to think about this, but my mom's lifestyle is supported by the fact that she's married to a man who is well-off. I'm single, and I plan to stay that way, and I need to be able-bodied to keep a roof over my head.

This is insane. For me, this is a disease of privelege. I should have to live somewhere where there isn't enough water, never mind so much food that people can literally kill themselves with it. Maybe that would straighten me out.

Well, thus ends my rant. I got two glasses of water down.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Mavesse

Postby bikipatra » May 19th, 2007, 8:49 am

I am glad you are starting the program again. Many of us have had slips and what is so good is that you have come back.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Tawanda » May 19th, 2007, 9:24 am

Your post wasn't a downer.....I'm so in awe of you for recognizing where you don't want to be and for caring so much about your mother's welfare. You cannot make your mother travel the MF path, but by example you may get her interested enough to follow in your footsteps.

I find that checking in here often throughout the day keeps me going. There are people who struggle during each 24 hours, people who are strong during the same 24 hours, people who are close to goal and people who are returning to the program.....there is so much going on that I read and reinforces my desire to get to goal. I hope that you'll find the same inspiration throughout your day when you come here---so that you stay strong and committed.

You have the right mindset it sounds like....you know where you don't want to be and where you do want to be in regards to your health. You can make your future whatever you want!!! Food does not have anymore power over us than what *we* give it.

My best to you today as you get back on program!!! :D
Tawanda

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal