Mavesse

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mavesse » May 2nd, 2007, 4:56 pm

I just want to say: I love my ticker.

One of the most useful quotes that I've ever heard came from Mary Poppins, who said, "Well begun is half done."

That got me through university, with huge papers looming over me and it just seemed like more than one human could do. If I could at least start, I was well on my way.

So today, I'm feeling that way about my weight loss. Beginning, for me, is a huge chunk of the battle. And when I see how far that pointy finger has moved along already, the task doesn't seem so monumental.

I'm making taco salad for dinner. I'm not so handy in the kitchen so wish me luck! :D
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » May 2nd, 2007, 5:32 pm

Mmm, sounds good! Tell us how it works out. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mavesse » May 3rd, 2007, 10:44 pm

Whew...I can't believe I made it through today. I think it was the worst day of my teaching career so far. I can't even recount the details because it's too painful to talk about (some major mistakes made on my part) but no permanent damage done, I think, so I'm just going to try and let it fall away :(

Incredibly, in the middle of all this, I ate lunch (banana pudding) at a table loaded down with a giant birthday cake for our secretary and two trays of home made cinnamon buns.

I don't know how I did it, but I stayed compliant.

What is it about this program? It feels like a miracle. I'm just so thankful to be where I am. I hope this feeling lasts forever.

Sweet dreams.
Mavesse

Postby Serendipity » May 4th, 2007, 4:44 am

Mavesse wrote:What is it about this program? It feels like a miracle. I'm just so thankful to be where I am. I hope this feeling lasts forever.

Sweet dreams.

Ummmmm, I think it's a miracle.

Congrats on staying compliant in the thick of it. Each time makes you stronger for the next.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby holberry » May 4th, 2007, 8:49 am

Sometimes I feel like pinching myself about the way this program is working, can't be true, can't be true ;)
Sorry about your day at school. Been there. But today is a new day and ofcorse the end of the year is in sight.
hugs and hugs
holberry
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Re: Mavesse

Postby Sojourner » May 4th, 2007, 9:05 pm

:wave: Hi Mavesse, nice to meet you!

Mavesse wrote:First, I thought I was all alone.

If there's one thing you're not, it's alone. :stroll:
Isn't this group of people just the most incredibly
supportive group EVER?

Mavesse also wrote:I don't know how I did it, but I stayed compliant.

I know how you did it.
You chose to remain compliant...
I know it seems too simple, but that's
really all that is required. Weigh to go!
:hi5:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mavesse » May 4th, 2007, 9:09 pm

Thanks so much to everyone who stops by my journal with kind words. They mean an awful lot to me ;)

Well I couldn't manage to stay off the scale today, but that's all right, because how else would I know that I HAVE MADE IT TO ONEDERLAND!?

Darn, that feels good!

My program is just marching along. I have mountains of Medifast products--I think I'm a littlel paranoid about running out and I've been stockpiling. I just ordered a box of the Maryland crab soup, too, plus three more boxes of vanilla shakes because I have just discovered how great they taste with orange Crystal Lite and three boxes of chocolate mint bars because they just seem like such a treat. But I try not to have anything too often, as I'm still a little nervous that I'll get sick of MF foods.

I was also really affected by something Serendipity wrote in someone else's journal today, on how if you're compliant, the need to doctor up supplements will fade away. I had one bad night, only three days in, but since then, I've been full-on compliant and what Jo said about the cravings and hunger etc. has been right on target for me.

Another thing I learned today: if you feel the need to take a "mental health day" from work, by all means take it. My colleagues kind of pride themselves on their hundreds of banked sick days, and while I really admire them, I think my skin is a little thinner sometimes. I knew in my heart that if I went to work Thursday, there would be trouble. But a little devil on my shoulder told me that a good teacher would simply square her shoulders, correct her own attitude and soldier on...

From here on, if I think I need one, I will be taking a day off--if not for my own sake, at least for the kids'.

But as tough as this week was, I'm imagining how much worse I would have felt when I came home last night if I wasn't on Medifast. My pain and insecurities would have been multiplied a thousand-fold if I was trying to medicate myself with food and failing and getting into that shame spiral of being obese and not being able to fix it.

Being on this program is giving me my dignity back. It's true that physically, I've gotten myself into a pretty big mess. But I have a plan to become well again, and it's working. For the first time in years, I feel as though I have the upper hand in my own life.

'Night all.
Mavesse

Postby bikipatra » May 5th, 2007, 12:42 am

Congrats on ONEDERLAND! That is fantastic and a great feeling, isn't it?
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Pashta » May 5th, 2007, 5:32 am

Congratulations!! That is awesome! Be proud of yourself, you are doing it! :mrgreen:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 5th, 2007, 6:34 am

Congratulations on entering Onederland!! :) Staying on program is the way to get to goal the quickest, good for you for having the right mindset!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby holberry » May 5th, 2007, 8:23 am

onderland, hip hip hooray :kool:
You are absolutely correct on the mental health days. Teaching is hard and you must be in top form. Take care of yourself!
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » May 5th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Good for you! Don't worry about getting sick of Medifast. I'm not at all. I look forward to my daily Medifast treats!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Mavesse » May 6th, 2007, 4:17 pm

It was so exciting to check in at roll call and report a three pound loss :D I know this fast-moving part is almost through, but I will definitely be able to say I enjoyed it while it lasted! In case I forget later, I'm 199 today.

My program is going fairly smoothly. My poor stomach was feeling really raunchy today after chilli for lunch and I find that generally, the soups and oatmeals seem to have that effect on me. I don't think I'll swap them away just yet, in case something changes. In the meantime, I'm pretty content with capuccino, hot cocoa, shakes and puddings.

I've really ripped my apartment apart this weekend :oops: When I was feeling so low this past winter, I didn't keep it as clean and organized and I would normally like. My drawers, closets and cupboards were chaos! I spent most of yesterday ripping it all out, and I've done a bit of sorting. Unfortunately, I'm not even near done and Monday morning is looming.

It's pretty cool the way I've had enough energy to even start this mountain of work, though. A month ago I would have cried at the thought.

Well, I'm off to get a little more done. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by; It would be so much harder do plug along without you :D
Mavesse

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 6th, 2007, 4:33 pm

Mavesse you are a pile of energy today girl!!!...that's wonderful:+)see what Medifast can do :-P :-P
and CONGRAT'S on that AWESOME 3 pound loss!!! Way to go..you're doing it.

Keep on shakin!!

Love Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby nickieluv » May 6th, 2007, 5:43 pm

I'm so glad you made it to onederland already! And I think it's very symbolic that you chose this time to straighten out your apartment.

I hear you on the mental health days. I'm a teacher, too, and when I taught middle school there were days I just could not face going in. But if I wasn't sick, I couldn't bear to call in. So I honestly think my body would make itself sick just so I could have a break!

This year I went back to work after a year off on maternity leave, and I was sick a lot the first 5 months as I got used to all the germs again, but my personal days are almost untouched and I have to use them or lose them, and I can't seem to find a good time to take a day off. I have a new principal and am in a new building and I find that makes a huge difference for me in wanting to be at work. Middle school was NOT for me.

Well, keep soldiering on - both with MF and school - summer is coming and how great it will be that we are THINNER for all the great weather! And how much fun will it be to go back in September a size or two smaller than you left?
Last edited by nickieluv on May 7th, 2007, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nickieluv

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal