Maple br sugar oatmeal!!??!!

Add your favorite recipes.

Maple br sugar oatmeal!!??!!

Postby ChattieCathy57 » June 22nd, 2006, 3:59 pm

Alright Medi-fast ..... what did you do with my maple brown sugar oatmeal! :x

This is my absolute FAV and I ordered something like 6 boxes (for my regular order plus extra to get through my vacation in July).

I had a pack of it yesterday and thought ... "Oh my!, my taste buds must be off today ... I can't taste the maple OR the brown sugar". :(

Well, today I had another package and ... its sad but true, they must have forgotten to add the maple and the brown sugar! this box just tastes like ... well honestly, nothing! :shock:

I miss my oatmeal :cry:
I hope the REAL oatmeal comes back soon.

Cathy :heart:

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 22nd, 2006, 4:20 pm

oh! how sad! The little joys that we have in the flavor of the medifast meals is all we have! I shake my fist with you :x
pinkflamingonewsgirl
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby loriannk » June 22nd, 2006, 4:25 pm

Maybe it is a bad box. Maybe try making the oatmeals into pancakes and top with a tablespoon or so of Walden Farms Pancake Syrup. Yum Yum.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby alpha femme » June 22nd, 2006, 4:31 pm

that's funny, cause i tried the oatmeal for the first time this last order. the apple was awesome. the maple tastes like... thick watery paste. i thought it was just me.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 22nd, 2006, 4:48 pm

The maple used to be my favorite, too. Now I prefer the apple cinnamon or the french vanilla berry, and have to add some sugar-free blueberry syrup to the maple to give it some flavor. I thought it was just me.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » June 22nd, 2006, 6:08 pm

...I am SO glad it's not just me! (you know, yet another thing "age" is taking away from me - lol ... my sense of TASTE).

This is the first time that this has happened to me with the maple brown sugar oatmeal. I am hoping it's just a flukey box.

By the way, where do I get those DaVinci syrups and flavorings that everyone talks about. They don't carry them in Shop Rite or Stop n Shop here in NJ ... anyone know another store?

Cathy :heart:

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby sidrah » June 22nd, 2006, 7:22 pm

Try Davinci on line.

You can also get them in the coffee aisle in a lot of grocery stores or Walmart. They sell a lot of Toroni (same thing pretty much) at World Mart stores. Target has some, too, but I so not know if they are SF

Honestly, I get them in batches on sale, which is why I have lime and watermelon sitting in the fridge. Nothing to put them in (esp. watermelon) , but they were on sale, so....

Good luck; they help with the flavor of some items
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » June 22nd, 2006, 7:55 pm

That oatmeal was the first thing I had on my very first day of MF. I freaked because I thought :what did I get into this stuff is gross. I was pleased to find out that it was just that oatmeal. I think I will be making it into muffins now and never ordering it again.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » June 22nd, 2006, 8:15 pm

Ok, this is really bazzarrrrooooo......My hubby told me earlier in the week that he had some and he was like, they forgot to put the brown sugar in it! I told him, well try another box. ( because we ordered 6 boxes last time ) He did and said it tasted the same, he is very sad....

Are they going to do anything about it?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 22nd, 2006, 10:03 pm

Cathy, do you have a TJ Maxx near you? They usually carry the DaVinci, too. Also Smart & Final, I think. I'm not as fond of the Torani syrups, actually. On a trip, I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with my hot cocoa until I realized it was the Torani hazelnut syrup.

I get what I can at TJ Maxx, then the rest online. Although Target has a sugar-free brand (Archer Farms, a house brand, I believe) that makes a good caramel flavor.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Prancer » June 23rd, 2006, 5:45 am

OOOHHH I didnt know i could look at TJ Maxx!! I am definitely going to check next time!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby GucciGoo » June 23rd, 2006, 5:53 am

I actually noticed that the Smores Granola bars have changed too-they used to taste more chocolatey.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ChiNut » June 23rd, 2006, 6:55 am

I just ordered two boxes of Maple and Brown Sugar in my first Be Slim Club order. Boy I hope they taste okay. :roll: I never like oatmeal before Medifast and now really like the Apple Cinnamon and the Maple and Brown Sugar.
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » June 23rd, 2006, 8:57 am

Folks ~

Sorry, but I can't help ya with the Maple & Brown Sugar 'cuz I really don't order it. I haven't had any for months. Maybe longer. It never seemed mapley enough for my liking so we only get Apple Cinnie, Peach & French Vanilla Berry. Peach is now my fave and after eating virtually nothin' but French Vaniller for nearly three years, I got a bit tired of it.

If you don't like the Maple & BS and don't want to make it into muffins, send it back and ask for a replacement because Medifast will return unopened packets and boxes. It must be returned within 30 days of purchase and unfortuneately, the customer must pay their own shipping but if it's icky and you feel it has changed, you can always call the Customer Care Center at 1-800-572-4417 and let them know, too. I will advise Health Advisor Services on your behalf.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Guest » June 23rd, 2006, 12:06 pm

I thought it was just me. It was my first thing I ate and I was like "Wow, that is nasty!! It tastes like vitamins and no maple or brown sugar. I add the Walden farms SF maple syrup to it or lots of Splenda. I'm not ordering any more.

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine