Maple Oatmeal & Smores

Add your favorite recipes.

Maple Oatmeal & Smores

Postby dede4wd » July 25th, 2006, 9:28 am

I have 2 questions for y-all and was wondering if I was the only one this was happening to...

1. Mapple brown sugar oatmeal. Did they take ALL the taste out of it? Is there anywhere to let the company know? It used to have some taste...now it tastes like paste if I remember kindergarten. I KNOW they'll do something about it if I let them know.

2. Smores bars...Used to love them, now I'm WEARING more than I'm eating. It's like they took all the sticky out of it and I'm chasing around almost loose granola.

On another note, I like the new caramel nut better, just something positive. It's just super yummy!

DeDe
Last edited by dede4wd on July 26th, 2006, 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby loriannk » July 25th, 2006, 9:38 am

Hi Dede,

There is a thread about the maple brown oatmeal. Seems they forgot to add the maple syrup in a bunch of batches. Here is the thread:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-7871.html

I can't help you with the Smores bars as I never liked them. I will have to order more of the carmel nut bars as I liked them before.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby GucciGoo » July 25th, 2006, 10:25 am

Yeah, the Smores bars used to be better. And they do fall apart all over me too.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Prancer » July 25th, 2006, 11:25 am

Dede thats funny. I ate a smores bar in the car while driving and I choc chips rolling down my shirt all over the place. I have never been able to stomach the maple oatmeal, paste is a good description.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » July 25th, 2006, 12:34 pm

Be sure to read that other thread about the oatmeal. If you have a bad batch, call the company to replace it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » July 25th, 2006, 1:39 pm

TonyR and SharonR had like 4 boxes of Maple/Brn Sugar oatmeal that they had replaced. They forgot to add the flavoring.

As for the S'Mores, I tried one yesterday and loved it. I quit eating them before because frankly I thought they tasted like stale rice krispy treats. I will deal with the crumbly for the better taste myself.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby jump4joy » July 25th, 2006, 2:22 pm

DeDe, my last order of Fruit and Nut Granola bars had definitely changed. They used to be my favorite, but this batch totally hoovered! :puke: Dry and a funny aftertaste. TSFL customer service (ask for Tom, he's the nicest) sent me replacement bars in other flavors....they are really good about that. I'll try the caramel nut in the fall since anything sent now would be completely melted in this brutal summer heat. I heard that the Peanut butter bars tasted better now too.

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » July 25th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Loriannk, thank you for redirecting DeDe to the Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal thread. The company is always willing to replace products.

I am S'moreless so I cannot make a comment about them and I haven't heard complaints from others. Several people told me they liked the S'mores because they seemed thicker and more like a Rice Crispy Treat.

Whenever you order and receive something that is not good, call the company; they are great about replacing it.

The bars have been reformulated somewhat and most people give them a :thumbsup:

I think the RTDs seem creamier and gooder than ever before. I dunno aboutchoo, but the Chocolate RTDs seem a snort sweeter - I used to like the Niller RTDs better but now I am voting for the Chocolates.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby dede4wd » July 25th, 2006, 7:50 pm

Thanks everyone! I only have 3 maples left...so I'm not going to worry about it.

I'm going to replace my smores order with my new caramel nut bars because they're yummy and I don't want to wear the smores anymore, but they're yummy, so they're probably worth the chase...

DeDe
Last edited by dede4wd on July 26th, 2006, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd

Postby Nancy » July 25th, 2006, 8:53 pm

Maybe you could sprinkle the Maple-less with some cinnamon and and a dash of cloves or try some extracts like maple, almond or vanilla extract. :shock: or make 'em into cookies with some extract.

Sorry 'bout that, DeDe. :oops: Once I made a batch of cookies and forgot the baking soda and salt - I was not the winner of the Pillsbury Bake Off but we managed to scarf them down! :mrgreen:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DogMa » July 25th, 2006, 8:56 pm

I add cinnamon, Sugar Twin brown sugar substitute and Maple Grove Farms sugar-free syrup to mine, and it fixes it up quite nicely.

Nancy, do you really think the RTDs have changed, too? I was actually wondering about that tonight. They taste OK to me still, but lately I've been getting a little sick every time I have one. Which is a couple of times a day.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » July 25th, 2006, 9:42 pm

Robin ~

I usually make the regular shakes and keep the RTDs in the car for when I am on the go and need a quickie sippy. The last few months we have ordered them by the case because they are just so handy.

I really love the new packaging of the RTDs - they fit in my purse, in the cup holder in my VeeWee Bugster and slip into my computer bag. Terry likes them because they fit in his jacket pocket,

The Nillers were my RTD drink of choice but the Chocolates were the first to undergo the new packaging. When I got my first case of the Nillers in the new packaging, I thought they tasted slightly different from before - it may be totally my imagination but they seem richer and more flavorful.

I like 'em.

Our daughter is turning into a true chocoholic. Becky drinks three chocolate RTDs, has one caramel nut bar (or a Fruit & Nut) and one chocolate puddin' a day! Her blue eyes will be browning for sure!

I'm sorry if you are feelin' puny, Robin. Can't think of why it might be a RTD they are low in lactose.

You're getting so thinny now...we don't wantcha getting sick, you need to be well so you can strut around in those cool aya jeans (or whatever they are called) - they make your hiney look tiny!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Unca_Tim » July 26th, 2006, 12:38 am

DeDe,
Just think of all the exercise you get chasing those crumbs....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby dede4wd » July 26th, 2006, 7:19 am

This is true, I love the taste of the smores bars, so it's worth it!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby SharonR » July 29th, 2006, 7:17 pm

I'm sorry, but the Smores bar's are very disappointing. I loved them, they were my favorite. The other day I was driving to work and eating one, it crumbled to bits all over me and the car. I must have lost 30 calories on my pants and the floor... :x
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine