Maple br sugar oatmeal!!??!!

Add your favorite recipes.

Postby ChattieCathy57 » June 23rd, 2006, 12:37 pm

Hi "Guest" and Welcome! :)

Usually the maple brown sugar is (as the kids would say) Da Bomb! It really is my favorite oatmeal. I am hoping that it is just a bad batch.

MOST of the MF foods are great and keep me pretty full until time for the next supplement.

Cathy :heart:

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Ketann » June 23rd, 2006, 12:49 pm

I love the maple and brown sugar. Maybe being a diabetic my taste buds have adjusted to less sweetness? I buy all the oatmeals and eat a diff. flavor every morning (yes, I'm crazy). I like them all, but in this order
Peach
Maple and Brown Sugar
Apple Cinny
Fr. Vanilla Berry

The last maple oatmeal I got was 5/27, and it tastes fine. I won't be getting any more til after July 6, but if it tastes freaky, I will let you know. I have a rule. If I don't like it, I don't eat it. That's my 2 cents :). Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hugs,
Keturah
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lulie » June 23rd, 2006, 7:41 pm

So it isn't just me! I been wondering if my taste buds were weirded out or something. I used to be able to really taste the maple taste, but I have 3 boxes, and I think I am on the 2nd, and it still tastes really bland. It was always my fav too. I don't know what to do for my next order. I like the peach, but would hate to only have it. I am not wild about the apple.:(

Kinda weird to me that there are so many of us noticing a change though. Wonder if they are cutting back on the flavoring or something? hmmm

I hope Nancy updates us after she notifies them. I don't want to order it again if this is they way it is going to taste from now on.

Thanks for posting this.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » June 23rd, 2006, 8:41 pm

LOVE THIS SAYING, LULIE!!!!!!!(I may just have to "steal" it!)

ChattieCathy57

Postby Lulie » June 24th, 2006, 9:48 am

LOL Cathy.

I tell ya what happened. My daughter and I were talking about my weight problem and I just got to thinking about it and I told her "I ate my way into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!" It just came to mind, and it has stuck with me throughout my MF'ing. I am not sure if I heard it somewhere or if I just came up with it. I like to think I came up with it though! LOL I just keep telling myself that to keep on track!

Glad you liked it.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby fernationa » June 25th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Wow I'm glad it's not just me. I was noticing it too. My last box was good, now it's disgusting. Few...thought I was losing my mind.
fernationa
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby ChiNut » June 26th, 2006, 8:24 am

Just got my new shipment Friday and I'm sitting here as I type eating my Maple & Brown Sugar and it tastes fine. Everyone in the office can even smell the Maple & Brown Sugar. Huh, maybe there's just a few bad boxes floating around. My box was short one envelope though.
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Sarya » June 26th, 2006, 8:55 am

Mine has been ok. It has a nice smell and flavor. You can smell the maple as soon as you open the packet. Maybe it was just a bad lot.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » June 26th, 2006, 8:57 am

Hey there, Folks!

I just spoke to our TSFL Client Call Center and asked if there have been complaints about the Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal. Yup, there have been others that agree with your taste buds.

Evidently there was a whole batch of the Maple & Brown Sugar that skipped the flavor addition step. So some packets were sent without the flavoring...no wonder it tasted skanky!

Here's what ya need to do:

If you are a TSFL Client, call 1-800-572-4417 with your client ID number, you will need to give the call center person your TSFL Order # (with the Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal on it!)

They need the lot number printed on the packets of Maple & BS Oatmeal - NOT the number on the box but the number printed on the packets. They will replace them for you. :lol: I :heart: TSFL.

If you are a Medifast Diet Customer - follow the same process but call 1-800 -638-7867.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » June 26th, 2006, 1:22 pm

I just love you so much Nancy :hug:

and my thanks to all the other maple brown sugar lovers who confirmed the fact that my taste buds are still with me ;) (hey - I know my eyesight is bad and my memory is slipping ... my husband says my hearing is screwy) THANK GOD I CAN STILL TASTE FOODS :eat:

I am gonna call the call center as soon as I finish this reply. :puter:

:cheermed:

ChattieCathy57

Postby Nancy » June 26th, 2006, 1:43 pm

i'm happy that I could be of help! i'm at the airport waiting in line to board our plane. it's an hour behind schedule...replying via my telephone...your hearing & eyesight might be failing but your buds are great..
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DogMa » June 26th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Thanks, Nancy!! Although I have to say, I finished the funky box and started a new box today that tastes just fine. So I guess I'll try a packet from each of the other boxes I have left to check them out.

See you in a few days!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » June 26th, 2006, 4:21 pm

yay! i can get replacement oatmeal and use this as the paste it tastes like.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Still Shipping Flavorless "Maple & Brown Sugar"

Postby CongoBongo » July 9th, 2006, 5:47 am

Well I received just 1 box of the "Funky" (for lack of a better term) boxes of Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal with my last order and gagged :mrgreen: my way through a couple of them.

I let Our TSFL rep Bonnie know about it and she was able to ship another box with our new order.

Imagine my disappointment when 6 boxes of the "Funky" oatmeal (Lot # 050106GEXP110207OUD) showed up with my next order placed on 7/6/06.

Oh well, at least the problem will be resolved but its just a bit disheartening to think that Medifast could miss the flavoring of an entire batch of oatmeal and that their Quality Control did not catch it.

Makes me wonder that if they can miss the flavoring on an entire batch and not catch it then what's to stop them from missing some important vitamins (that we can't taste) from another batch. They should review their entire Quality Control process and see how this could happen.

Medifast should be really cautious because the health of everyone on this forum is dependant on the contents in those little white packets!!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this program and have lost 109 lbs since February 19, 2006 but just want to be sure to keep Medifast accountable to its clients!

Regards,
Mike :)

Started: 02/19/06
483.8/374.8/240
CongoBongo
Newbie - #100 Club
Newbie - #100 Club

Postby JKSRN » July 9th, 2006, 10:00 am

I absolutely love, Medifast, too. But, I agree with you that I think they have some quality control issues at their plant.

Some packets are not as full as others, some packets are too full, such as packets of chicken and Rice you could eat with a fork regardless of adding the proper amount of water recommended! Even the oatmeal can be rather unpredictable at times. But, for the most part, most supplements arrive like they are supposed to be and thank goodness for that, as we consume five of them daily. And, the supplements taste very good, as well.

It is a good policy they have that the supplements can be returned and exhanged if there is a problem. But, I definitely agree that they should boost their quality control or 'fix' their dispensing machines, as their business certainly appears to be growing by leaps and bounds!! ;)
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to Lean Cuisine