majorly need support

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

majorly need support

Postby Dani S » March 17th, 2005, 6:46 pm

Hi guys, I started out great 22 lbs. first month then I celebrated with sushi. It took 10 days to get another 3 lbs off. Now I'm in a down hill spiral. I'm to afraid to see if I've gained anything back, but need to get back on track in full force. I'm having major issues with work and partners, hopefully it comes to an end the last day of this month like it's sappose to. I made it weeks without eating junk through the stress then whamo, I'm back at the buffet. Somebody talk me down, anybody. thanks Dani
learning to live life, not live for food.
Dani S

Postby raederle » March 17th, 2005, 7:07 pm

Dani!!!! Great to see you here again!!!

First of all, you did 2 GREAT things: (1) You lost 23 pounds, and even if you gained a few back, 23 pounds is awesome. That means you can do it, you know you can, and you know MF works when you follow it. What other diet can promise you that? (2) You came here when you got off track; you knew you needed to get back on the horse, and you're getting help. You did EXACTLY what you should've. So don't feel bad, don't feel guilty, don't give up. Just get back into it. Pick a day this week and just start. It's the only thing that's gonna put you on the path to feeling in control again-- remember what it felt like to look forward to getting on the scale in the morning? You can have that again!!!

Come here every day or every week or as often as you can; read and type if you get bored, hungry, stressed, lonely, whatever. It's not an easy journey, and it's not a short one. You need support; we all do. So come here!!! We want to see you succeed, and we want to help you do it. All of us have fallen off or fallen down or accidentally screwed up; please choose to come back instead of fading away. Be thin!!! You can do it!!! And we will help you!!!

:hug:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Kauket » March 18th, 2005, 4:53 am

You sound like me. :) I celebrated my "almost 20lbs" last week by going out to one of my family's favorite resturants. I did everything right, sort of. I got a buffalo burger (very lean) and forgot to say no cheese, but I didn't eat but a few bites of the bun and maybe one or two french fries and a salad.

Then each day I fell off the wagon a little bit more. My face started clearing up (I've had horrible acne or hives or something all over my face since about 2 weeks into medifast) and I realized I only had about 4 days left of food. Combine all those and not only did I fall off the wagon, I lept.

BUT! I got my order in, and the next day (yesterday) I started off fresh, brand new day, all that jazz.

It's been said a lot, but it's really something you need to listen to. You can't change what happened yesterday or last week, you can only change today and the future. Make a deal with yourself that you can slip off the wagon at the next 20 pounds if that's what it takes to get you over not wanting to restart and survive the 3 day hump. You can always change your mind later and stay on it until the next 40 instead.

It's pretty amazing though. While I was off the wagon I decided to finish my stash of celery. I ate the whole bag. (5-8 stalks?) but now that I'm back on, even yesterday my first day back, I would eat a couple slices of cucumbers, or a few bites of celery and be full for a while. It's pretty amazing how fast your body goes back into medifast mode.. almost like it really enjoyed being there (more than your mind did.)

Sorry to turn this into all about me. I just wanted to let you know that there are others in the same boat as you :)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby kassilou » March 18th, 2005, 8:17 am

Hi, Dani. I just want to echo what the other gals have said to you. This is a long journey, and I know that for me, anyway, I am only one bite away from falling off the wagon. This program works if you are compliant. When we choose to cheat or celebrate, we know there is a price to pay. Let it go and get back on the MF train.

Get shakin!! :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 18th, 2005, 9:34 am

Dani, get on the scale before it gets worse. You might find that it's worse in your head than it is on your body. You can do this, and you want to do this. Nobody's going to yell at you if you've gained a couple of pounds back, so don't yell at yourself either. The sin of Lot's wife was in looking back; just pick yourself up and keep going forward.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » March 18th, 2005, 9:40 am

Remember Dani that first time you started MF? You probably hopped on the scale to get a "start" wieght and I bet you did not beat yourself up and yell at yourself for the past. You probably were so excited to get going you were only looking forward.

Keep that spirit. Get on that scale and get going! You can do it. You've done so well in the past.

I agree w/ Rae 100% - kudos to you for coming here, bearing your soul and getting back on track. That is the 1st step, and a big one. They are all baby steps from here.

We'll do this together!
:hug: Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby cthrn007 » March 18th, 2005, 9:50 am

Welcome back!

Just wanted to say hello and that I agree with everyone so far that you are headed for success!! It is nice to meet ya and I look forward to you reaching your goal with us!!

Shake it like ya mean it!!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby monkeymom » March 18th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Dani,
Everyone else has give you such great words of wisdom I am just going to agree with all of them and remind you that you've done it once, you can do it again!
I love 24K's example of Lot's wife. Boy am I going to remember that! No looking back......just start from where you are today and GO FOR IT GIRL!
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.