Lurker finally ready to come out and say hi

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Lurker finally ready to come out and say hi

Postby gr8bnme » August 31st, 2005, 7:44 am

I've been lurking on the board for a few weeks. I've finally decided to introduce myself. Besides I'm so excited that I made it to the 20# club I can hardly contain myself.

Thx! And I'm so happy to have found Medifast and this forum. I actually believe I can make it to goal this time!

gr8bnme
Last edited by gr8bnme on March 3rd, 2006, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5'0", 31
Started MF: 7/16/05
192/120 -- Reached Goal 6/2006!
gr8bnme
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby fatBgone » August 31st, 2005, 8:16 am

Hi Ivy,
So glad you decided to "join" us!! Weigh to go on losing 20#!!! That's awesome!!

So, make sure & keep us posted on your medifast success!! Oh yeah & I LOVE your user name! It took me a couple of seconds to figure it out....it's cute!!

Sorry about your hubby troubles. I hope you keep your strength for these tough times. Take care!
Last edited by fatBgone on August 31st, 2005, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby gr8bnme » August 31st, 2005, 8:31 am

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes we have kids but he's just toooo controlling. I can't take it anymore. For instance (this was the last straw for me). He snatched my youngest son out of bed at 10PM (my other son is from a previous relationship) and left the house with him, not telling me where he was going. He ended up bringing him home at 1AM in the morning. Then when i was getting him ready for school. He was in the car in his car seat and DH came and removed him from the car (he was crying). He wouldn't let him go to school with me. He kicked the tv through the wall last night and I don't think it's healthy for my kids. I think we need to get out of the situation. But thanks for your opinion! I always welcome others opinions.
5'0", 31
Started MF: 7/16/05
192/120 -- Reached Goal 6/2006!
gr8bnme
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby fatBgone » August 31st, 2005, 8:40 am

Ivy,
Uh....nevermind on what I said before...he sounds a little "*&?%$" now that you've shared some details. So, yeah, I agree this environment would not be healthy for your kids. I think about that side of it with my own kids too, but my husband's issues are mainly just laziness & immature and I'm always getting frustrated so we argue alot - but overall - he's ok. That's what I meant about looking at the good qualities and trying to overlook the bad - but there a line - and yours may have crossed it. I'm sorry - I know it's hard. Take care!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby Alisha » August 31st, 2005, 9:37 am

Welcome to the forum Ivy! I'm so glad that you decided to leave 'Lurksville' and join us!

I'm very sorry for your troubles at home. I'm not married (anymore!) but I had a four year relationship that taught me a very valid lesson: never again will I settle because I'm worth more than that. I'd rather be alone than with someone I have to 'deal' with.

I don't have children, but I've spent a LOT of time around them. I can honestly say that I think you're doing the right thing. It's only my opinion (and you know what they say about those!) but I've never believed in the idea of 'let's stay together for the children' and I never will - I think it's counter-productive. Weekend visits aren't the best of things and very heart wrenching, but children pick up on EVERYTHING! They sense the tension in the home and they pick up on the lack of love and affection. That type of environment stresses them out and they generally crawl inside themselves or act out just to draw attention to themselves so the tension will ease. When I lived in England, just after my separation, I lived with two friends and their two kids. Well, my friends fought like cats and dogs and even when they weren't fighting, the tension was still there. I shudder to remember the change in the kids and it was SO incredibly sad. So I say BRAVA to you for getting your body healthy, your life on track and your mind focused. Just because a decision is hard to make doesn't mean it's the wrong one.

You just concentrate on you and the children and you'll make it to goal no problemo! Besides, we've all got your back and are here to offer a helping hand anytime!

I wish you the very best of success and happiness.

Alisha
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » August 31st, 2005, 12:13 pm

Hello, Gr8BnMe ~

You have done a great job getting to the 20 pound club already! It it great bein' you right now!

In spite of the difficulties you are facing, you are are taking the time to do the things that will help you to be healthier - that will benefit your children, too.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Carbshateme » August 31st, 2005, 12:25 pm

Ummm..... Is anyone reading this post but me? HELLO?!

"He kicked the TV through the wall.."

OK, that's the part where you take the kids and go to your mother's, or a friend's, or ANYWHERE. Plus, your husband took your child and didn't bring him home until 1 AM? That's crazy talk. First he is kicking your TV through a wall, next he is kicking YOUR head through a wall or one of your kids. He sounds abusive. Don't stick around and wait to see if he is. Scary. And I wouldn't worry too much about weekend visitation, it sounds to me as if a judge would order anger management classes and therapy before sharing custody. PLEASE BE CAREFUL, for your sake, for your children.

On a happier note, great job on the weight loss! Good for you!

Be safe and keep us updated...
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby mytime » August 31st, 2005, 8:34 pm

Ivy - what a tough situation and you are on track none the less. If you feel like you can leave be sure to go somewhere safe and do not tell him where or when or that you are planning it. If there has been anything physical in the past and even if there hasn't you are at the very greatest risk when you leave. Take it all very seriously and call the police if you need to. Make copies of your children's papers - Birth Certificates and SSN and take them with you. Best of luck to you and regardless of what happens next and what you decide we are here for you. Welcome to the family and take care Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » August 31st, 2005, 9:17 pm

Welcome! I hope you are able to find a good solution to the problems you and your husband are facing.

Glad you found us and came out to say hi! :wave:
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls

Return to Come on in.