Finally registered - ready to be accountable

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Finally registered - ready to be accountable

Postby Mother of 5 » March 15th, 2004, 3:17 pm

Ok. I finally did it. I registered here so that I could/would have to be accountable. I actually started on Medifast on January 9th and to date have lost 31 pounds. I am under the care of a physician and I weigh in every other week and have labs done every 6 weeks. Cholesterol has gone from 204 to 147 in 6 weeks and while I was doing the full fast, I felt great.

Problem is I know that I could have done better. I was COMPLETELY faithful for 38 days and NEVER slipped up once. However, since then (today is Day 68) I have somehow become a weekday Medifast-er and not staying on program for the weekends. I've back ON PROGRAM as of today. No more excuses, no more reasoning, no more "tomorrow will be better"! No more blaming those sweet little Girl Scouts (they sell those dumb cookies EVERY year!)

I have another 60 pounds to go before I reach goal and I'M GONNA MAKE IT THIS TIME! The first 6 or 7 weeks, I faithfully visited this forum and read EVERY post I could during my lunch break..... when I stopped doing that, I lost my motivation. BUT I'M BACK NOW!

Thanks to all for being SO great.

Leslie - Mother of 5
242/211/150
Mother of 5
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby shineface » March 15th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Hi Leslie---

Welcome to the wonderful world of this forum - officially! I too, lurked in the background for awhile before I officially joined AND it has made all the difference!!!!

Whatever you need it is here! We know MF works - that is not the issue!

Everyone needs to work their program the way that makes them comfortable BUT I know that without making changes during this journey --At the end I WILL have a thin MF body and a FAT head unable to maintain the result - for life!

! Changing our behaviors and habits and "stinkin' thinkin'" is what we need to really make the MF work in our day to day lives ---- getting information when we need it - confessing if we need to - venting if we need to -- getting a kick in the butt if we need one ---- it is all right here - your choice to join is one more step you've taken for YOUR LIFE ... I know without the combination of MF and these people I would be alone and lost but not losing.

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 15th, 2004, 4:44 pm

Welcome to the Forum Leslie,
What took you so long? We won't bite. (too hard)
Congrats on your success. Let us know if you're slipping a little and we'll send Guido right over...... :bib: :whip:

Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby explorthis » March 15th, 2004, 4:56 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:We won't bite. (too hard)

Let us know if you're slipping a little and we'll send Guido right over

Who's Guido?

Leslie - WELCOME!!!!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Landylue » March 15th, 2004, 7:06 pm

Welcome to the group, Leslie! Now, I'm no math major, but the way I figure it you are already 34% closer to your goal than you were in January! Are you GOOD or what! You'll be there in no time, my friend.

Weekends are tough, but a mama of five kids, I'll wager, is a lot tougher. Failure is not an option, Leslie, not even on the weekends.

You hang in there. Those kids of yours need a healthy mama that can get out and run and play with them. I just read a post where Mike (explorthis) talks about going roller skating with his daugher that will underscore how important it is to be healthy, if not for your sake alone, then for your kids.

You've come to the right place. Keep in touch.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jeanette » March 16th, 2004, 8:32 am

Welcome Leslie! :)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jims Chick » March 16th, 2004, 12:09 pm

Hi Leslie :wave:
I too became a weekday Medifaster after doing so well. I'm a weekend sneak. I became a sneak even after acknowledging that Medifast was totally working for me...and was by far the easiest program I've ever followed. :oops: I had somehow lost my vision and could no longer see myself how I wanted to be. But I'm back, Mike and Jeanette are always lurking about to whip you back into shape. I'm learning again to modify my behavior.....and I'm keeping busy when the hubby is out so I don't go rummaging for sweets. I know I probably would not have continued with the program after my little rough spot if this forum wasn't available. Good Luck!
Julie
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Carrie » March 16th, 2004, 2:29 pm

Welcome to our little club Leslie.

Feel free to join in anytime, we're all here for each other,

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Welcome

Postby donna jean » March 16th, 2004, 3:51 pm

Hi Mom of five

:o Wow We are so glad you are here:)
Every one is very sweet and helpful, I love reading all the new post.
It helps me to realize we have each other on the hard days.
I know if you need a friend anytime just post or email, we'll all be here for you.

God Bless
and Good luck!!!!!!
Donna jean
donna jean

Return to Come on in.