Another Lurker stepping out of the shadows..

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another Lurker stepping out of the shadows..

Postby Kauket » March 3rd, 2005, 5:59 am

Howdy!
I am starting my third week on Medifast and so far I’ve seen about 13 pounds go bye-bye. I’m really pleased with the way it’s working, my rings are already starting to loosen up. (I can’t wait until I can wear my wedding ring again!)

I used Medifast in High School over one summer and slimed down a little, both my Mother and my best friend continued to use it and both got extremely skinny. Unfortunately both of them have regained it because they didn’t stick with it, but this was 15 years ago, and they kept most of it off for quite a while. I’d completely forgotten about Medifast until an acquaintance mentioned he’d lost a lot of weight with it, and DING! I remembered the only diet I’ve ever been moderately successful with.

I started looking into Medifast and WOW! Look at all the choices available now! My first order had only shakes in it, because I didn’t realize all the “food” could be used with the fasting plan. I thought it was all for maintenance. (Yes, I know it says everywhere that you can, but I didn’t believe it.) My first 3 days were actually easier than I remember and getting down that 6th shake of the day is just as hard. Luckily with the “new” rules I don’t have to get that 6th shake in if I don’t want to. When I was on it before the only extras you could have was bullion and jello. Everytime I eat a pickle or a celery, or OMG a SALAD! I feel like I’m cheating. But it’s good in the end, because I get rid of my cheating craving without doing any damage to my diet.

I’ve just received an order with food in it, the bars, crackers, soups, pudding, oatmeal and hot cocoa. I tried the soup last night, and the oatmeal this morning. What is it about Medifast stuff and being hot? I’m following the directions and it tastes like …. Well, nothing good. The bars are divine, almost too good. Yesterday after having my first bar was the only time I’ve really, really had to fight my natural ability to wolf down a box of meal bars a day. :shock: I hope it will get easier, if it doesn’t, then I’ll just have to exclude them from my next orders.

So there’s my history. My current is that I’m 34, female, married, 3 kids (13m/7g/4g), 1 dog and 1 cat. My family is supportive of my diet, though my 7 year old doesn’t quite get the idea and is constantly offering me a cookie or chip, or some other tidbit I used to eat. They don’t really tempt me, so I just take it and give her a hug and tell her I appreciate it. I’m 5’0 and started out at 253ish. I’m now just below 240ish (All these ish’s just mean I need a better scale.) I haven’t really decided what my goal is. I want to get down to 150 and then re-evaluate. If I keep going then my next stop is 125, and last stop is 100. It really just depends on what I look like at each stop. It’s been YEARS since I was 150, and 150 looks good to me now, but I’m not sure if that’s because I’m so big now that any reduction looks good. 125 is losing half of my start weight, and puts me in the upper ends of my height/weight curve. 100 is my ideal for my height.

So now you know all there is to know about me.. right? (Or at least with how long this ended up being, you should!)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 3rd, 2005, 8:29 am

Welcome Kauket...I'm so glad your no longer lurking and jumped in...sounds like your off to a great start.....just follow the forum and the Medifast plan and you'll be down to your first goal in no time at all.....
Keep shakinn :dance:

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 3rd, 2005, 9:04 am

Hi Kauket and welcome to the forum,
We're glad you found us and Medifast.

If you haven't already noticed, i'm the techie guy around here. Send me your avatar and I'll fix it up for you.

Happy Shakin,
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 24KaratGold » March 3rd, 2005, 9:13 am

Welcome, Kauket!

Be sure to go and check out the Lean Cuisine Forum. You'll find lots of ideas for making your Medifast oatmeal and soups a lot more tasty, including a recipe for making "legal" oatmeal cookies!

Good luck on this journey.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Kauket » March 3rd, 2005, 9:14 am

Oh so that's how it works. I noticed you did that for regular pictures, but didn't realize avatars did that as well. Thanks for the info and the welcomes ;)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket

Postby kassilou » March 3rd, 2005, 9:15 am

Welcome, Kauket. Glad you came out of lurkdom.

There are lots of food choices. Some I like better than others, but I have found that the Lean Cuisine section of the board is very helpful. There you will find different ways of tweaking the food, *legally*. I now make myself cookies everyday with my oatmeal...pretty good.

Keep on shakin! :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby dlr2424 » March 3rd, 2005, 9:22 am

Unca....what is an avatar? ...and how do we get a little picture under our name (the left side) thanks...your awesome!!!

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby 24KaratGold » March 3rd, 2005, 9:23 am

Donna, the little picture under your name IS the avatar.

You send it to Unca, and he will resize it and put it in place for you.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby dlr2424 » March 3rd, 2005, 9:27 am

thanks 24...your a sweetheart

Donna

dlr2424

Postby Nancy » March 3rd, 2005, 9:41 am

Welcome to you, Kauket ~

Start polishing and shining it up - very soon you'll be wearing your wedding ring again.

Mine lay hidden in the drawer for years, so did my husband's. Now I am wearing rings on my fingers and bells on my toes - I am so happy that I want everyone to know about my super success all because of Take Shape For Life!

Remember this, too - our taste buds have grown so accustomed to eating trans fatty acids, sugary-laden, preservative-filled, flavor enhanced grub, etc. and it takes a few days for those buds to become accustomed to healthy, good-for-you nutritious food. Give goodness a chance!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Kauket » March 3rd, 2005, 12:59 pm

24KaratGold wrote:Welcome, Kauket!

Be sure to go and check out the Lean Cuisine Forum. You'll find lots of ideas for making your Medifast oatmeal and soups a lot more tasty, including a recipe for making "legal" oatmeal cookies!

Good luck on this journey.

thanks for reminding me. I saw the recipes for that last week and made a mental note to try it when I got my oatmeal this week, but then I went to sleep and forgot about it. ;) I'll try the cookies tomorrow when there are less mouths hanging around to eat my food. It's pretty sad when you have to fight your skinny-minny kids for your diet food. :)

And Nancy, I think you might have a point with the taste buds. Whenever I let myself have a grilled chicken salad the chicken always tastes heaven sent and I've never been a big chicken eater. Can you eat bread at all? I'm a huge Bread fiend and I wondered if I could add a bite to my cheat list for the rare occasion. I figure you can't, but the bread lover in me has to ask. You understand. :)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket

Postby Nancy » March 3rd, 2005, 2:33 pm

Sorry, no bread on the weight loss phase of the Take Shape for Life Plan - an YES! ;) I DO understand!

The closest thing to bread you'll be enjoying for a while is a teensy tinsy packet of Multi-grain or Garden Vegetable crackers per day...

For now, bread is a fond memory of foody things from the past, an occasional deep whiff for now and a lived-for future dream!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby doglover » March 4th, 2005, 7:24 am

Welcome Kauket! And I am with you on the bready thing. I don't miss it really (now in my 4th week). However, tonight my children are being treated to a pizza (we have had none in the 4 weeks since I've been doing this), and I have to get out of the house and shop. NO WAY would I be able to resist. I know myself too much. So, I am going SHOPPING!

Anyway, welcome again and good luck!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby cthrn007 » March 4th, 2005, 9:29 am

That a girl Donna! I would go shop for some skinny pants so you don't need to roll up your others!! That always motivates me!!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.