Accountability of a Lurker

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Accountability of a Lurker

Postby noexcuse » May 27th, 2005, 11:05 am

Hi just wanted to introduce myself as this is my first time posting ;) . I have been reading different posts on and off since I started Medifast in March. I lost 20 lbs the first month and was ecstatic. I survived several foody social events, cooking daily and a huge Easter feast with all my relatives with encouragement from reading your posts. And then the day after Easter I don’t know what happened….I cheated and ate some nasty left over Chinese from the frig which at the time seemed like manna from heaven for me. It is strange to think I past over platters of homemade food and deserts at Easter and then inhaled DH’s hard dried up fried rice. Anyway so after that day I came back to the boards and read through tons of posts encouraging other fellow MF to move past it, start again, and not be so hard on themselves so that was what I did.
Only problem is I have continued to cheat over and over again small cheats, big cheats, half cheats, little cheats, BLT’s whatever and however you can describe every possible type of cheat and have continued to beat myself up or make excuses. I even read the Medifast shaker book. It has taken me awhile to be truthful with myself and call it a 2 month pause or break. I was cheating more then being compliant, that is that mostly I was half a day medifasting and then giving up later in the day only to say I’ll start over tomorrow. I’ve been starting over tomorrow for years.
So basically I have maintained my original 20lb lose but have not lost anymore weight for the past two months because of coarse I was far from compliant. I have wasted $ and my shakes that I could have been using as per there purpose and directions all because of continued cheating and making excuses. Which is not a new habit for me as I have been dieting for the past 10 years or so loosing the same weight over and over again., being depressed and beating myself up.
So I’ve decide this is ridiculous I don’t want to be a women of excuses who waits year after year to start living a life. I don’t know why I have been purposely making myself fail when I know I can be a success and truly for the last time lose the flabage. I know that Medifast works and that I can use it to accomplish my goal; I don’t know why I have been stalling or even watinig to come to the board and post. So I have decided to take accountability, start posting and stop lurking around the boards, and no longer be women of excuses. I have read through countless posts were members are truly caring and honest with each other in their successes, compliance and failures. I am truly blessed to have found this forum and Medifast and look forward to shaking. :D
Eccl 3:1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. (Now is the time to acheive your goal)

Ali
noexcuse
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby doglover » May 27th, 2005, 11:23 am

Welcome Noexcuse. You are warmly welcomed here. Look at it this way - over the past couple months of noncompliance, you learned one thing - you can maintain!!!!! So now you're ready to start losing again and we will cheer you one!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 27th, 2005, 11:52 am

Noexcuse..............you can do this!!!!!!!!!!..... :yes: .......being compliant will not only get you to your goal.......but will help you to feel proud that you can conquer the cheating habits........ :yeah: ......yes they may taste good but your only cheating yourself..........and wasting so much money staying in wonderland...... :brickwall: ......A personal friend of mine is going thru the same challenge.........1 month into the program she cheated......still lost a little.....so she cheated again....lost a little.......and your mind begins to tell you that you can cheat and still lose so why not?..... :scratch: .....it's the bad habits we are trying to correct during this journey.........making better choices......... so look at it this way..... :idea: ....once you reach maintenance then you can BLT...sniff away.....little cheat.......all in moderation........but for now stay strong ........ :weightlift: ........
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 27th, 2005, 12:55 pm

Welcome noexcuse. I'm not the biggest "welcome wagoner" because everyone usually (in particular the two Donna's) beat me to it and I don't feel like repeating everything 8) But.....having said all that.......I'm BIG into support. It is supportive of myself to be supportive of others. I'm sure if you've been lurking that much you've read tons from me already ;) So welcome and just get back on that horse woman. You have said to yourself all that needs to be said at this point. You and I started at the same time so we can be MEDIBUDDIES ;) and make it work for both of us.

Can we have a first name? I hate calling people by their sign in names sometimes. Unless of course your name is Donna :shock: We're all confused enough as it is with the two we have :shock: Don't even tell me if it's Donna......I'll just make up a name for you lol

Welcome and have a great weekend. I challenge you to make it this three day weekend without one single cheat!! And get your measurements because we begin a MEASUREMENT MONDAY ROLL call in just a couple of weeks!

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 27th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Christi.........you never cease to make me laugh..... :roflmao: .......You are not the "BIGGEST WELCOME WAGONER".....you are the "SMALLER....HOTTEST......WELCOME WAGONER"...........not to mention the BIGGEST (not in size) SUPPORTER OF OUR ROLL CALL...........The captain of our cheerleading team.......................... :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: .......that's you...the cute little one with the tiny legs and soon to be FLAT stomach................. :yay: ................ :dance:
Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby bk » May 27th, 2005, 2:07 pm

Welcome noexcuse! I'm glad you decided to join us! :)

Sigh. If Christi gets to be the cheerleader, I guess I'm stuck being the mascot! (In 5th grade I had to be dirty laundry, and in middle school I had to be a dragon. I'm well suited to ridiculous roles)

I think Christi's challenge is awesome!

No more starting tomorrows, excellent! I think you've taken a big step just coming on here and committing yourself. To medifast. Not to an institution.

Wooo, I'm getting a little punchy. I just got a big burst of medi-energy from my shake!
bk

Postby 24KaratGold » May 27th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Been awhile since you've had to post the registration link, huh cream pie? Feelin' not needed? :mrgreen: Don't, we definitely need you!

Can you talk yet??
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby noexcuse » May 27th, 2005, 3:00 pm

You guys are awesome, now I just have to knock myself on my head
:hammerhead: head a few times for taking so long to log on and post.

Donna you are so right what you said about learning that I can maintain, I never really thought of it like that ……

And Donna…drl2424 isn’t that the truth now I wish I hadn’t wasted so much time in wonderland and will look fw to conquering the cheating habit…seems like me and you friend had a lot in common with the “cheat and lose concept” all I can see now is what a waste of time and shakes..

Christi you defiantly have a MEDIBUDDIE :stroll: , and I love your challenge I accept, thanks for the direction I defiantly needed that, and I’ll be sure to get some measurements too

BK some days I did fell like I should commit myself to an institution, :nutz: with the headaches, mood swings and upset stomach from not getting into ketosis and staying there or be put in a straight jacket to keep my hands from putting food in my mouth….but your right no more tomorrows…(dirty laundry that must have been interesting lol)

I feel like I have been wandering around in the dark, when all I had to do is get online and post to turn the light on :hide: … thanks you guys for your words of inspiration, I been lol :roflmao: you are all so funny and are all terrific cheerleaders
:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Oh yeah and I forgot to tell ya my name is Donna too…..

no just kidding … ..I’m Ali
:buddies: look fw to shakin with ya and have a great holiday
Eccl 3:1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. (Now is the time to acheive your goal)

Ali
noexcuse

Postby LilMsTexas » May 27th, 2005, 3:16 pm

How in the WORLD do you go around as DIRTY LAUNDRY?? And WHY would dirty laundry be the mascot to ANYTHING?? I'm going to need some SERIOUS details and I'm thinking PICTURES of this thing :shock:

OMG I'm DYING HERE :roflmao:

Christi
P.S. Welcome Ali :D It's good to have an Ali......I just said farewell to one of my dearest friends Ali who had to move to another duty station with her husband :cry:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby bk » May 27th, 2005, 3:33 pm

I was dirty laundry in the cinderella play. I was an understudy to one of the evil stepsisters, and I was going to be her, but she showed up 10 minutes before the play started. DANGIT! (I was, however, the evil queen in snow white in first grade. And the evil queen in alice in wonderland when I was 5).

Dirty laundry is a HORRIBLE role and children should not be forced to be laundry in a school play. I am sure there are some horrid pictures somewhere, but I don't have em (I do, however, have pictures as me as a gnome for halloween 2 years ago...)

I'm not the registration link lady, but I am apparently the ticker girl!

I can talk again, but it still sounds funkeeee.
bk

Postby LilMsTexas » May 27th, 2005, 3:39 pm

My son made me dress up as his ANGEL :angel: for 3 years in a row :shock: hehehehehe I had wings and a halo and a silver wand and I went allllllllllllll out. I figured he would know I was really the :twisted: soon enough hehe so I might as well work it for all I could!

And I had no idea we had an actress in our midst 8) WAY COOL!

And no...........NO child should have to be laundry.......I mean what could you possibly do as laundry :?: :?: :?:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

HMMMM

Postby TEEZS2K » May 27th, 2005, 3:49 pm

I think we may be related! I have done the same thing for years now. I have managed to loose 95 pounds on over 10 different diets, and maintain, but do you think I can loose the last 40 pounds. NOOOO WHY because I have every excuse in the book. Food controls me I do not control the food. SO whining to a friend one day she told me about Medifast, and I thought hmmm maybe I should look at that. SO i stumbled on this site by accident and told her about it. I read one profound post among the many pages.....SHE SAID this....Crispy creme, Mcdonalds, Taco Bell have been around for years, and they will be around for many more years, so just tell yourself not this month but next month maybe I can go there and eat as I like for a meal....When she finally reached the month she had NO desire to ruin her success for a lousy greasy donut!!!!! wow.......I orderd that day and my products should be here after the holiday. I am not having my last anything before then, because I don't need to. I am reprogramming my mind!!!! I commend you on your honesty and write me direct if you wanna partner in this adventure to feel the best we ever have......
On my way to Self Confidence!
Started MF 6/5/05
week 1 - 8#loss
week 2 - 4#loss

TEEZS2K
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 27th, 2005, 4:17 pm

TEEZS2K........ :wavie: .......WELCOME to you.............so glad you were inspired by someone's post..... :thumbup: ......we never know who or when someone or someone's message will touch us....................glad you are joining us on the journey ......this forum is filled with LOSERS...... :goteam: .......and that's a good thing...........so shake away..... :guzzle: .........share away...... :hug: .....ask away..... :?: .....but DON"T STAY AWAY.......................... :no: .........we love when friends join us.............
Donna....dlr2424

dlr2424

Postby Nancy » May 27th, 2005, 6:00 pm

:byebye: :byebye: It's a double howdy wave to welcome noexuse and TEEZS2K ~

This thinnin' stuff takes team work - sometimes it takes a village to keep us in line!

:goteam:

Keep to your schedule.

I think it is important to plan your meal for the day - I still do it.

I know exactly what I plan to eat before the day begins. I have a great routine that works for me and I am able to maintain my weight.

When I fail to plan, I fail.

noexcuse, you're right - we have no excuse - no one forces open our trap and pops in the junk - we do it all by ourselves...I am glad that you drew the line in the sand and said, "No more" will I live in wanton foodiness...Happy success to you and TEEZS2K.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Thank You

Postby noexcuse » May 27th, 2005, 6:57 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and warm welcome.. lookin forward to go to thineville with you all.

Nancy, thank you as your insight to plan ahead is greatly headed and noted, you are such and inspiration ............and reading your previous posts and newsletters has truly helped me draw the line in the sand as well as laugh as you are such a great cheerleader and I always smile when I read them:)

Ali
noexcuse

Next

Return to Come on in.