Looks like a good day to reach a mini-goal!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Looks like a good day to reach a mini-goal!

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » October 20th, 2004, 7:27 am

:cheers:

I want to preface this post by saying flatly that I WANTED CHEETOS last night for no good reason! LOL I don't buy them, but my mother stopped by and said she wanted to bring them over for the kids, so naturally, they begged and wheedled and drove me insane until after dinner when I told them they could have a handful.
I poked my hand in the bag and it just flooded over me--the wanting, the thoughts of salt and crunch, of unidentified cheese-like substance and greasy cornmeal.
I tried to drag my brain away from them, went and started a load of laundry. Gave the kids a bath. Still thinking about those darned thing!
Then, a great thing happened--my brother stopped by out of the blue, we sat and chatted and had a cup of decaf and when he left, it occurred to me that I had completely forgotten about the snacks AND I no longer wanted then WHATSOEVER!
I smiled all night. LOL
Anyway, this morning when I stepped ont he scale, I almost cried with happiness and thanked God for throwing an obstacle between me and the Cheetos because I reached my third goal of 250 pounds!
I am SO beyond thrilled y'all!
I've lost 47 pounds and it is WONDERFUL! Thanks to all of you who inspire and entertain on this forum. I'm the one who has to do the nitty gritty, but you guys make the journey so much fun! I appreciate every one of you!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby RavenKat » October 20th, 2004, 7:39 am

Woo Hoo!!!!!

I LOVE it when doing the right thing pays off immediately like that!!

You are amazingly strong to actually stick your hand in the bag and STILL didn't eat any. You're description of the cheetos was disgusting but oh so accurate!

I'm so happy for you.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby explorthis » October 20th, 2004, 7:44 am

it occurred to me that I had completely forgotten about the snacks AND I no longer wanted then WHATSOEVER!

Ok folks….. take heed here. This is truth being told right in front of you. CRAVINGS-DO-NOT-LAST. When these cravings happen, and they will, they do, they continue, four hundred and nine days after you begin Medifast. Our brains are strong. The brain controls the body, but you control the brain. The craving will come, and in a short time it will go away. Get up, walk, read, start a load of laundry, (well not for me – that’s why I had kids) give the kids a bath (well again not for me – that’s why I have a wife) RUN for the hills from the Medifast community when they are chasing you down for making chauvinistic comments like I am!

Bottom line, congrat’s to Susanna, for making this goal. Listen to her, if she can do it, you can do it. We ALL can withstand temptation. Don’t give in. Once you take that first bite, we all know, it’s virtually impossible to get back on track!!!

-Mike (running for the hills – and avoiding temptation)
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 20th, 2004, 4:58 pm

Yeah, Susanna!

You've lost 47 pounds and once you've beat a tough craving, you can beat any tough craving for many cravings to come. So glad you've made your next goal, with the 50 pound club right on your tail now. RavenKat's right -- it IS so nice to get some rapid positive feedback. You're doing everything to earn it.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby fedup » October 22nd, 2004, 7:52 am

Hurray for you Susanna! I remember during my first week, when I made spaghetti and rolls for the fam... I actually picked up the roll and smelled it! (Even thought about licking it :lol: , but didn't)

Those little triumphs are MAJOR victories... and look how yours paid off! Great job!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Carrie » October 22nd, 2004, 8:31 am

Susanna,

What a story. Had your hand right in the bag heh?

I am so very proud of you. Keep up the good work sweetie!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 22nd, 2004, 11:57 am

Suzanna!

Oh those commie cheetos! They try to infiltrate with that smell - how cheezy - and again with the sticky stuff to get you to lick your fingers - so underhanded! But they were no match for YOU! Your willpower CRUSHED them into a little pile of orange dust on the floor only to be swept out the door and out of your mind! Cheetos are powerless against you!!!

Watched a bit of Jane Pauley's Show yesterday, and a gal from Prevention magazine reported on studies they've done regarding suppressing appetite. What color place setting (dishes) would you think suppresses your appetite? Orange, Yellow, Blue or Red? Blue! The other colors are warm, and stimulate appetite. They also suggested putting a blue lightbulb in your refrigerator which will make things look less attractive when you're searching for something to eat.

Another GREAT suggestion was to put a mirror on your refrigerator door to you will remind yourself you look good, and don't want to lose that by overeating out of the frig. The mirror they used was big enough to reflect from the waist up. Also she said if Americans just stopped using butter on their bread, they could lost 10 pounds a year. Interesting tips.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on 250 my dear!!! You go girlfriend!!! :kool:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2004, 4:11 pm

Susanna ~

Mega congratulations to you for your weight loss and for the way you sucessfully fought off the :twisted: cheese demon! :twisted:

Sheesh! Merely handling Cheetohs make your fingies and lips turn orange.

Anything that has the power to stain them and allow them to remain vibrant orange for several days surely cannot be good for us.

Maybe it is Agent Orange, eh?

Cheetohs taste good but are bad for the bod.

Distractions are good! Cheetohs bad. Susanna gooder!

Hmmm, half-length mirror mounted on the refer door, huh? Might be something to that, Camille. It would also make the door harder to open with the added weight of the mirror...maybe we ought to put mirror fronts on all the kitchen cupboard doors, too...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room