My MINI goal

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

My MINI goal

Postby LilMsTexas » June 5th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Sorry........I wanted to make one more mention here........about my goal. Several of you have noticed that I am 9.8lbs from goal. My ULTIMATE goal is actually 19.8lbs away.........but I've given myself a MINI-goal of 145 BEFORE surgery. I am so afraid that I am going to give up on all that I have achieved by not sticking to my program before surgery. I NEED for my own personal satisfaction to be as close to my goal as humanly possible before surgery. I never want to feel like I took the easy way out. I want to KNOW that I worked hard and got healthy and got my diabetes under control and lost all the weight I could and then let the doctors just put some parts back in place ;)

I have 4 weeks before my surgery and the last week I will have to begin a transition........so that leaves really 3 weeks of hard core MF and exercise. The demons inside my head are telling me "don't worry about it.......surgery will take care of that......you deserve a treat" :twisted: But my heart and mind know the truth. I never want people to say "Oh yeah, she had a weight problem all her life, but she just had a tummy tuck." That is what people at home in Texas will think that don't know I've been on MF. I feel like wearing a sign afterwards that says "NO REALLY...I did it the healthy way and did it on my own" :(

Anyway.......I WILL stick to it!! I WILL get the last 9.8lbs off before July 8th!! I WILL I WILL I WILL!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby victoria7 » June 5th, 2005, 3:38 pm

Wow! I think you have done such a super-great job of taking care of yourself---in the best of ways. You have been so strong for so long and have seen such admirable results. You won't stop now. Not with your attitude! You're a total inspiration!!! Keep up with the good work!
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 5th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Thanks Victoria.........three weeks seem like a lifetime away....and yet it feels like tomorrow :shock: I'm going to have to take it one day at a time like never before.
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Spunky » June 5th, 2005, 4:13 pm

You have the right attitude! All your MF buddies know that you did it the healthy way and did it on my own! For that you should be PROUD!

The power of prayer is coming your way this next month through your surgery. Bless you LilMs!
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby fedup » June 5th, 2005, 6:15 pm

"I"- yup, all your fellow MF buddies know you did it the right way, by hard work and dedication!! And if the surgery is something that makes you feel better afterward, then great!! I know that I would dearly love to have liposuction, and I probably will one day. I want to get my weight to a normal level first. The thing with me is, even when I'm relatively "small", I'm always severely bottom heavy. The big hip/thigh thing is hereditary on both sides! :( So I'd wear medium on top but then my behind and legs is still heavy! So I'd love to get healthy, get toned, and one day do lipo also. We put in the hard work and time, and the surgery would be just something that would help me feel better about something I can't do much about. I'm willing to work 110% to feel and look better, but I can't beat mother nature! ;) I don't expect to have surgery "fix it all" either, I know I'll never have long lean legs. But if it can help me achieve less fat/bulk accumulation in that area, and help me have more toned legs, then that's success to me! ;)

"Y"
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby 24KaratGold » June 5th, 2005, 7:58 pm

Hey kiddo, YOU know that you did it the healthy way, and in the end that's all that matters. You are the only person who has to go through all of life with you, and you are the one you have to face in the mirror in the morning.

And I have absolutely NO DOUBT that you WILL make that mini-goal. You certainly can't fail with all the power of all the positive thoughts coming your way from us. We know you can do it!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Re: My MINI goal

Postby DonicaB » June 6th, 2005, 5:54 am

LilMsTexas wrote:That is what people at home in Texas will think that don't know I've been on MF. I feel like wearing a sign afterwards that says "NO REALLY...I did it the healthy way and did it on my own" :(

Christi~~Who cares what they think!! You know in your heart of hearts that YOU........ :coach: yes YOU.......did it ALLLLLLLL on your own. OK, OK so you had a little support from US, but you are the one who has daily made the decision to stick with this and lose the weight. Do the people in Texas even need to know that you are going to have a tummy tuck? :scratchhead:

Christi, this tummy tuck is not for weight loss purposes.......it is for YOU. To release yourself from the years of pain that you have suffered because of the cysts, etc. Girl, just get those thoughts out of your head. :hammerhead: You deserve to feel better, to no longer have the pain or the humiliation that you have felt over the years. :hugblue:

We all know that you did it, Christi. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

We love ya.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LilMsTexas » June 6th, 2005, 6:16 am

Thank you so much Donica.....I'm glad you're back home. I'm really stressed at work this morning with all the work I have to do. I shouldn't even be here looking at this but I'm so excited about MEASUREMENT MONDAY that I will have to keep track off and on today ;) TICK TOCK the clock is ticking and there is MUCH to be done in preparation!

One problem is that my skin disease acts up during times of heightened stress....and the heat is finally here....I'm getting nervous that I will have another episode before the surgery :( Keep me in your prayers...I just don't think I can handle that right now.
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Staying on theprogram

Postby Jan » June 6th, 2005, 7:54 am

Christi,
I know you can do it!! Don't even let those nasty thoughts get in your mind :x Keep telling yourself I can do it -- I will do it !!
Christi, you as well as the other "encouragers" on the forum have helped so many ( some have never signed in but read, read, read) You help them to believe that the program really works. I can tell them but to hear it from so many others is really wonderful. They hear your success stoiries and your trials and don't feel so alone. It gives many hope that they too can achieve great health and meet their goals. Thanks so much -- it makes my job a lot easier!! Don't worry about others and what they'll think -- plus keep in mind a "tummy tuck" doesn't slim your face, tighten up the thighs, trim your arms and bring about over all great health so you must have been doing something else too. Anybody can see that!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Mommy2girls » June 8th, 2005, 1:34 pm

Oh yes, you can definitely make this mini goal, and probably BEFORE your time is "up" so to speak! You will MAKE IT THERE!!!!

As for the other stuff, (about worrying about what people will say or think about your tuck) you know what? This is YOUR life and you know that you KNOW how HARD you worked for this, so don't let anyone steal your glory!!! Plus this is not about vanity, this is about pain and suffering that you have endured. So just know that you know you did all the hard work yourself!!!

My mom has a friend who had a tummy tuck to recreate breast tissue. She lost a breast to cancer and finally decided she wanted it back. She looks great and I'm happy for her because it must have been hard road to get where she is. She is also an Atkins person so that has helped her too. She didn't do it out of vanity either.

HUGS!!!

We are all so excited for you! :yes:
Sheila
Mommy2girls

Postby LeeannNH » June 8th, 2005, 1:47 pm

hi christi

you have come so far on mf. it is very inspiring to me. i hope that you are able to really look at what you have done for yourself and be proud. even if you dont get those last 9 # off before the surgery (which i think you will!), please dont let yourself feel ashamed or think the surgery is an easy way out.

you are awesome and all that matters is that YOU know what you have accomplished.

take care and hang in there girl!
:mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » June 8th, 2005, 5:47 pm

Christi,
Ya'll :D just tell those fellow Texans that not only did you do this the healthy way, you could teach them a thing or two about healthy eating and exercise!! :lol:
As for your tummy tuck,unless you want to share that info with people it's NONE of their business!
You did the hard work to lose the weight to make this surgery a possibility,
and you know you will stick to your plan.
I am PROUD of you!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 8th, 2005, 6:42 pm

Thank you so much everyone. I'm so stressed out right now with work and all the preparation. The "feed me I'm stressed" monster is really rearing it's ugly head right now. I have GOT to get in my water and I've been slipping on that this week. In fact........I'm due a shake before bedtime so I'd better get up there and get it fixed!!

I go on Monday for the pre-op physical with the regular doctor. My doctor is gone of course (military) so this will be a whole new guy. But it will be nice to put in my records that I've lost 32lbs since March 7th. I'm also REALLY looking forward to getting my diabetes Hemoglobin A1C tested again to see my results after 3 months on the program with no medication whatsoever! :D

Oh.........and you'd be surprised how many people have had a tummy tuck. It seems everyone knows SOMEONE who has had one for one reason or the other. And I forget who said this (now that I've been rambling on here) about the tummy tuck for use in breast reconstruction.......that was one thing the surgeon told me was a downfall to having a tummy tuck. Having a TT now means I won't have the extra tissue to use for breast reconstruction if I ever have breast cancer. I had no idea that was done......it's amazing! I'm VERY excited your friend had that awesome opportunity for herself. I'm telling you.....modern medical technology is just incredible.

Alright.......off to get a shake. Keep your light sabers out to fight off the "feed me I'm stressed monster" cuz I'm fighting a big battle right now! :lightsword:

Ni night,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » June 9th, 2005, 5:26 am

Christi - I am missing you right now on the board. But I understand you are swamped.

While the lite sabers are out can you send some my way too? I am particularly stressed now too. We are leaving (again!) this weekend for Chicago. Then my kids are staying for an extra week w/ my parents there and Sunday my dear, dear hubby is leaving for 3 weeks to Wisconsin :cry: I will be all alone next week (which will be ok but I am really not an alone kind of gal). Luckily I have lots of really good friends who are busy planning lots of activities for me! The last few days I have been so busy w/ work and now I need to pack for lots of things! My kids finished school yesterday (wed) so you know how end of school is so busy. AHHH. The peanut butter is calling my name yet again :|

I still find it so odd that I only crave PB. Nothing else even tempts me any more. It is the weirdest thing.

On a totally different note - we went to a Mongolian Barbeque restaurant yesterday for dinner. Anyone have them? They are GREAT! You fill up a bowl w/ raw stuff (meats, seafood, veggies) and they cook it on a huge open grill in front of you. It was so good and I got to control how much and what went into my bowl. Man, did we love that place. BUT...it was $60 for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids!!! Luckily my husbands lacrosse team had given him a gift card at the end of the season. But yikes!!!

Anyway....good luck at the dr. Christi. I am thinking about you every day!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 9th, 2005, 6:32 am

AAWWW Christi and Donna! I am sorry that you are both having a stressful time right now.

Christi-
Don't you worry about your TT. You will be so happy when it is done! I will continue to pray for your life to calm down though. Just remember God does not give us more then we can handle- although some days it feels like it! :roll:

Donna-
I bet you will have a nice time in Chicago. I am not an alone person either. If you get lonely just hop on the forum and we will cheer you up.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room