Back to reach goal!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back to reach goal!

Postby LAwoman » September 12th, 2005, 9:21 pm

Hello fellow Medifast Losers,

IT FEELS GREAT TO BE BACK!!! I had lost about 60 lbs. during my first 4+ months with MF and felt great. While I wasn't at goal, I did reach a healthy weight based on the charts (albiet, I was at the high end for my height.) I chose to go off plan this whole summer since I was traveling.

The first month went fairly well even though I gained about 7 pounds. I did indulge in everything I wanted, but two things helped. First, I exercised, ALOT! Honestly, I think those 7 lbs. were pure muscle ;) . I've always been active, and since I cut back quite a bit during my weight loss, it felt great to tackle those 10 mile hikes, 2-3 hr walk/runs, mile-long swims, power yoga... again. But, that doesn't mean it's okay to overeat just because of exercise :oops: Anyhow, what was different for the first time in my life was even though I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted, my eating was much more controlled. I stopped when I was full, or I often said no to things knowing I could have them later if I wanted.

This last month+ however I caught myself slipping into old habits instead of returning to MF to reach my goal and gained back over 10 lbs. :cry: But I shall not fret because I saw my errors and came back to fix them, improve and maintain good eating habits, and finally reach goal.

I see many of you have continued to successfully drop those pesky pounds while I was away. I'm thrilled and happy for you and motivated by your success. I also see some of you have had similar experiences as mine and are still here to move towards a healthier life, good for us. And I see many many newcomers here to share and learn and become healthier using MF, YEAH!!!!

Oh yeah, I wanted to share some rah-rah moments from this summer...
Constant compliments from family and friends (sometimes a little too much, but it was nice to hear.)
Fitting into my airplane seats COMFORTABLY
Fitting into size 10 and 12 clothes COMFORTABLY (can't wait for those 8's)
Feeling energetic and easily being able to keep up with everyone and do everything I wanted to do physically.
Not constantly thinking about and being embarrased about the way I look.
Mostly, just feeling good mentally and physically.

See you all at roll-call Sunday (that first week weigh-in is always a treat since it's usually the biggest loss :D )

Oh, and Unca, will you please put my loss at 0. What's past is past, I'm starting fresh and working towards a 60 lb. loss. Thank you!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » September 12th, 2005, 9:38 pm

Welcome back LA,
:byebye:
wow....i hate to remove all your hard work, but yoose the boss...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mommy2girls » September 13th, 2005, 12:31 pm

Welcome back LA Woman! I remember you!

Congrats on gaining some muscle and getting in some serious workouts...that is really great. I love your rah-rah moments! THANK YOU! The one that I can identify best with is NOT constantly being embarrassed about the way I look. I had some friends call me (that I haven't seen in over 3 years) out of the blue because they were in town. I went to meet up with them and saw several other friends that I hadn't seen since their wedding 3 years ago, and never once did I worry about how I looked. It felt fabulous!

Well, welcome back and hop back on the train, this is the place to be if you are going to lose!!!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 13th, 2005, 3:47 pm

LAWoman...............Welcome Back................. :bighug: ...........you will be back on track in no time at all............. :mrgreen:

Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 13th, 2005, 3:51 pm

Nice to have you. Haven't seen you before, but I am glad you have made the decision to stick with this!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

thanks for the support

Postby LAwoman » September 13th, 2005, 5:30 pm

Thanks Unca, the only way all my hard work could be removed would be if I let myself put all that weight back on, which of course I'm not going to do. After my first MF day, I already put a 3 pound dent in the 20 lbs I gained back this summer. I just feel good about starting from where I'm at right now, instead of relying on the pounds I lost last spring.

Mommy, I remember when you joined, and already 40 lbs gone. Don't you LOVE not fretting about how you look to others.

And Donna, I've never seen anyone stick to it with more enthusiasm and support than you. I remember no matter how slow some of your losses were, you stuck to it, and now look, 50 lbs gone. WoooooHoooooooooo.

Pay attention new MFasters, these people show it works. Speaking of new MFasters, look at Str Shortcakes 20 lb. loss, GREAT!!!

I was just reading a few old posts and I also notice 24K with her fabulous 80 lb. loss, even with a break. Great for you. Now let's just finish this and reach goal already.

Ooooooooh, and a request for the fabulous Nancy. I miss your newsletters and hope you bring them back soon. (geez, two days back on plan and already she's being so demanding ;) )

See less of you at roll-call on Sunday.
LAwoman
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room