Looking for a good forum

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Looking for a good forum

Postby PhatJenny » January 2nd, 2005, 1:37 pm

Hi, I have been looking for a good weight loss support forum and, well, here I am. I am 25 years old and have been overweight since high school. I am 5'9" and weigh around 220....I dont step on the scales much. LOL Anyways, I know that I have the knowledge to lose weight I just lack the motivation. I have emotional/mental problems which cause me difficulty in taking time for myself. And we all know that being fit and healthy takes "time for ourselves". I have 2 small children, a 2 1/2 yr old and a 15 month old, so my hands are usually full. Today I am trying to take my first steps to getting healthy and fit. I am now a SAHM and still find it hard to take time for myself. I have been eating better lately during the day, but we are night owls and I find myself making my mistakes after 10 pm. I try to cook dinner at around 6 or 7 pm but as it gets later I just want to eat. If anybody has any ideas on something I can do to stop these late cravings I am open to any ideas. I just wanted to introduce myself to your community and hope that I enjoy my stay.

Jennifer
PhatJenny

Postby LadyinVA » January 3rd, 2005, 5:49 am

Welcome Jenny,

I am also a new member and a SAHM. I remember those days when they were young (I had 4 under the age of 5) and it was so hard to find time for ourselves....I lived for nap time :). When I would finally get some quiet time to myself I would usually end up eating something though. My kids are now between the ages of 16 and almost 12 and there are a whole new set of issues, but I at least get plenty of ME time while they are in school and that helps.

As for night time. Do you have any hobbies that could keep your hands busy. I am a quilter and I always try to have something to work on in the evenings (my hardest time also). But it is impossible to quilt and eat at the same time!

Good luck, this forum is so supportive. Our starting weights are about the same (although I am 4 or 5 inches shorter than you).

Shari
started 12/28/04
218/214/165
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Sylvia » January 3rd, 2005, 6:04 am

Welcome to both of you.

I started MF last may and weighed in at 225 - near where you both are. I had almost lost hope that I would ever lose weight.

Well, here I am, 8 months later. I now weigh about 154 which was my goal when I completed my program about 2 months ago. I look good and feel great. This program works relatively fast and is easier than any other I've done. The only advice I'd give you is that you have to stick to it with no cheating. It is really hard to get back on the wagon if you fall off. Other than that, just stick with it and the pounds will drop off!

Good Luck!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby RavenKat » January 3rd, 2005, 6:12 am

Hey Ladies,

Color me stupid but what is SAHM?

Welcome, too!

Keeping busy in a non-food environment is important. I need to find a hobby, myself. Too much free time (not a problem for you Moms, I'm sure) thinking about food is dangerous. Clean your house, reorganize your closet - not FUN per se but keeps your mind occupied. ;)

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LadyinVA » January 3rd, 2005, 10:11 am

SAHM is a Stay at Home Mom (although technically with 4 kids in various sports and activities I am RARELY at home :lol: )

Shari
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 3rd, 2005, 11:47 pm

Welcome to you!

You may want to read some of my early Newsletters - I just went to bed early sometimes to avoid the call of the cupboards...

It gets easier. Eventually.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 4th, 2005, 11:57 am

Welcome Shari and Jenny! :wave:

I've been busy so please pardon my late welcome. As to snacking late at night, I would suggest having bouillon or crystal light. A crystal light slush made with a couple of packets of splenda, 24oz crystal light, 9-10 ice cubes and a blender is a treat for me. You could also save the two pickles you're allowed per day for that time. It takes some discipline, but this plan is doable, and your diligence will be rewarded BIG time!

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.