Lauren's Updated Photos: 135 pounds down...

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby lauradr » September 6th, 2006, 10:25 am

Lauren, My hubby looked at your picture when I was looking at it-- said how pretty you are-- not sure if I should be jealous LOL I am so proud of you-- you have done every thing the right way
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Allison Onederland » September 6th, 2006, 10:31 am

As we say down south...DADGUM! You look gooood!! :mrgreen: I thought you were absolutely georgous before. Now you look like a Miss America pageant winner!! Medifast needs to sign you up to do commercials for them!!! Way to go Lauren!! :bow:
Allison Onederland
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 6th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Lauren ~

Each time I see you, I am filled with happiness. It was such a delight to meet you in the Thin in NYC and at that time (the end of April), you looked good - now you look totally great!

My experience was/is the same as yours; following the plan enables us to reach our goal because cravings go away. I never felt deprived either because I was not deprived. I had all I needed. When we eat high glycemic foods, cravings and hunger occur, making it more difficult to stick to the program. Rather than focusing on what we are giving up, we must focus on where we are headed and what we are moving towards: optimal health. When we reach goal, if we have small well-balanced meals eaten on time and exercise adequately, we will maintain our weight for life.

Lauren, you are a beautiful young woman, you have learned the steps necessary for weight loss and I am confident you will apply them for the rest of your days; optimal weight management awaits you!

Your hair looks especially lovely and that smile – well, Darlin’, the lights of Broadway look like dim bulbs next to you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby MISSANNE » September 6th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Congratulations on all your success. You must be soo proud, and you have every right to be.

:hug: amazing, simply amazing
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » September 6th, 2006, 2:51 pm

I'm so sorry to be the one to tell you, Lauren. You have bypassed normal and moved right on to extrordinary!

I read your reply about your plan and of course agree with you about staying on plan. It has been the only way for me, too.

We have had a great run at this, haven't we? Who would have thought we would still be going strong almost a year later....but here we are. Shakin' and slimmin' together.

We're coming to NYC soon. You gonna be around?
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby kendra_m » September 6th, 2006, 3:00 pm

Lauren,

Reading about your success is SOO inspirational to me. I have a long road ahead of me and seeing people like you and Jo that have been on this nearly a year with such wonderful success makes me believe that I can do it too!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lauren » September 6th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Thanks again, guys, you are all too awesome, I hugely appreciate all the wonderful posts!

Jo, I am here, I am here, come visit! PM me when you think you know you're coming - as I want to make sure we connect! I have a couple weddings, the Jewish holidays, and a business trip a'coming, so I will cross fingers that they don't happen at the same time as your trip into town.

And by the way, this last 10+ months has been infinitely more enjoyable because of your presence here!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby supermom » September 6th, 2006, 8:23 pm

Lauren!!! The incredible SHRINKING woman!! I am so proud of you. You look fabulous. Keep up the good work.
supermom

Postby Elizabeth » September 7th, 2006, 6:18 am

Thank you so much for sharing Lauren. You are helping countless people I'm sure. :heart:
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » September 7th, 2006, 6:49 am

you look fabulous :)
Sarya

Postby kmr » September 7th, 2006, 8:27 am

All I have to say is "OH... MY... GOD!!!!!!!" You are half the person you were in your before pics. Maybe a person and a half less. You look great and you are so inspiring. I give you all the credit for staying strong and staying on plan 42 weeks already. WOW!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Lauren » September 10th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Thanks, guys, you all rock! To the newbies who commented, don't be overwhelmed by the length of commitment that is required. Don't think 6 months and a year in advance, just think about today and tomorrow. Commit yourselves to today and tomorrow. That's it.

This is the first diet I've ever done that I didn't focus on how many pounds I was going to lose each week and month. I just figured I would follow the plan and whatever will be, will be. I have NEVER been so zen about a diet - I have spent years wasted calculating calories and pounds and setting goals that I never could meet. But for some reason this time was different.

I know this may not be a popular statement, but I do not personally believe that we should be slaves to a certain weight loss by a certain date. To set a weight loss goal by a reunion or a holiday or any event is just setting ourselves up for stress, and possibly, failure. You can't gauge how your body will lose weight, at what speed, and what number of pounds is an appopriate loss. And if you make some arbitrary goal of losing 50 pounds by Christmas, what happens if you lost 48. Was that not successful? Because I would think it was very successful, but the sheer fact of not meeting your goal could be debilitating.

I don't know what is making me write all this, and I am sorry for getting on a soapbox! :-) I just want everyone here to be totally successful and to use tools that will help them achieve this success. To me, just following the plan and not over-thinking it, and just promising myself to be true to it each day - that's all that worked. I had absolutely no expectations of when the weight would come off, it just did, and fast too!

Anyway, best of luck to everyone here! Keep on keepin' on!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby Elizabeth » September 11th, 2006, 3:58 am

Thanks Lauren. Every piece of advice you have to offer helps alot!
Elizabeth

agreement

Postby LAwoman » September 11th, 2006, 7:03 am

Absolutely Lauren,

I know living MF-compliant day-to-day and taking the losses when my body's ready to give up the pounds is the best psyschological way for me to work MF.

Kuddos to all your hard work, determination, and positive spirit/energy.

You're doing great and you're helping so many others with your motivation and support. You and so many others here are an inspiration!!!

THANKS!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby JeepGirl » September 11th, 2006, 7:58 am

Lauren wrote:I know this may not be a popular statement, but I do not personally believe that we should be slaves to a certain weight loss by a certain date. To set a weight loss goal by a reunion or a holiday or any event is just setting ourselves up for stress, and possibly, failure. You can't gauge how your body will lose weight, at what speed, and what number of pounds is an appopriate loss. And if you make some arbitrary goal of losing 50 pounds by Christmas, what happens if you lost 48. Was that not successful? Because I would think it was very successful, but the sheer fact of not meeting your goal could be debilitating.

Lauren

Lauren--I would like to first off say You are Awesome! You have done a super job and I for one love reading about your success--Congrats!

Also~Thank you for the statement above. When I started I said.. "I want to lose 30lbs by such&such date" well I didnt and I was let down with myself even though I had lost 25lbs and was proud I felt that I didnt do good enough. I now do it day to day and that is keeping me happy and OP!! I will make goal when I make not by a certain date or event I am sure but when my body tells me ok Your at Goal!

~~Reginia
JeepGirl

PreviousNext

Return to Studio