Lauren's Updated Photos: 135 pounds down...

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby beeah_b » September 5th, 2006, 7:01 pm

Wowsa! You look great. Congratulations on your success :thumbig:
Going to restart Jun 2009, been gone since after surgery Oct06. Can't wait !
beeah_b
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » September 5th, 2006, 7:03 pm

Lauren, you look stupendous! :shades: Check you out! DANG! SMOKIN'! :bow:

Thank you for sharing your photos! :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » September 5th, 2006, 7:11 pm

You are a beautiful girl Lauren. Your pictures are quite inspiring.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » September 5th, 2006, 7:49 pm

Lauren You look Smashing! You are truely an inspiration! WOW what a fab smile too!!
WTG!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

WOWZA!!!

Postby LAwoman » September 5th, 2006, 8:35 pm

You look Mahhhhhvelous!!! You are an MF spokesperson if there ever was one: stick to the plan = weight loss success

You are just the inspiration and motivation I needed today. I just got back on plan today (the first day back at school with all the little kiddies) after too many failed restarts during the last year.

I know MF works, 'cause it worked beautifully for me last year. But your success and pics to prove it gave me the extra reminder.

Thanks for sharing. You're doing great, and you're a knock-out!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby VictoriousNat » September 5th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Somebody call the fire department!!! :shock: Lauren, Congratulations!!!
42 weeks is a long time - something I can't yet envision in my mind. But seeing you stay strong and get this far, I am inspired. YOU WILL HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE ONE DAY!!!! 8)
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 6th, 2006, 4:36 am

Lauren, you look amazing!!!
Thank you so much for sharing with us and inspiring us to go on and letting us see that it can be done! Your transformation is a georgous one.

Would you mind sharing your typical L & G dinners?
your exercise plan?
your favorite MF meals?

Thanks so much Lauren!
Last edited by Elizabeth on September 6th, 2006, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Postby GucciGoo » September 6th, 2006, 5:24 am

Wow! Sexy Mama! You look amazing!!!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Lauren » September 6th, 2006, 6:31 am

Ha! You guys crack me up! Thanks so much for all the enthusiastic responses! I've said this before, but if any of you are not sure whether to post pics - I highly recommend it - people's remarks will make your day! :-)

Robin - I chose my goal weight arbitrarily when I first began, and I've even lowered the number a bit since it became more attainable. I assure you, there is still plenty of junk to be lost, and perhaps 15 pounds more may not even cut it. I am tall (just shy of 5'9") so I always look leaner than I am. I know YOU understand that when we finally get to "normal" numbers, we start to say, "huh, maybe I don't have to stop at average, perhaps lean is in the cards?" :-) I still weigh A LOT, I do have a lot of skin that may need some surgical intervention, but I am dedicating myself to a year's worth of heavy exercise and toning to see what I can fix naturally - and anything not snapping back is getting snipped. No way I worked this hard to have a sack 'o skin!

A couple of you asked about sizing. I am much more top heavy, have a big chest but no hips or butt. I am one of the flat butt brigade here! So my sizing has never been consistent on top and bottom. Pre-Medifast, my highest size on top was 28/30 (2x-3x) and my bottom highest was 24. I am now all over the place on sizing on top, but generally a Large, and my bottoms are a comfortable 10, but I am edging into the 8 territory soon. I did buy a pair of size 8 BCBG linen long shorts a few weeks ago that fit- that was very cool - but I don't think I'm a consistent 8 there, it's just a fluke!!

Elizabeth - thanksso much for the kind words! Of course it can be done!
I actually eat my L&G for lunch Monday-Friday, because it breaks up the day for me AND I can entertain clients more easily. If I have some dinner event happening, I change up the day and eat it for dinner instead. I don't worry too much about it, as I always have packets, bars, and RTDs on hand (always) so I am never stuck if a plan changes. Monday-Friday, I usually eat a BIG salad with broccoli, cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, grilled chicken and/or tuna and/or tofu, and Walden Farms salad dressing. On the weekends, I save my L&G for dinners out with friends, and I'll eat different things, depending on where we go. If we go sushi, I get a sashimi platter. If we go Italian, I'll get grilled or steamed seafood with grilled/steamed veggies on the side, etc. I have found that there are very few restaurants/types of food that can't accomodate the diet - you just have to be willing to ask for what you need. The only places that I can't seem to make work (sadly) during the diet are Indian restaurants (which I love and are prevalent in NYC) and French - both of which are difficult because the sauces are a significant part of the preparation.

I do not ever go off plan. I know this is not what works for everyone, and I am not saying it's the only way to find success, it's just the only way I was going to have success, because I didn't want to introduce flavors and foods back into my palate - I wanted to love and appreciate and enjoy my MF meals, and I do! The only thing that I do that is not totally compliant is that I eat as many veggies as I want IF I need to that day. I ALWAYS keep fresh veggies in my fridge, and if I am down at the beach with friends or on vacation or entertaining or just feeling nibbly, I eat veggies. Extra celery or cucumbers or mushrooms, whatever it is. And I don't feel any guilt about it, bc allowing these veggies enables me to stay on plan all the time. Please note that not everyone can do this - some people may be more carb sensitive, I suppose. However, if I am eating extra veggies, I am NOT eating a snack (like crisps or crackers) and I am NOT usually eating a bar. In fact, I make a point to NOT eat a snack and/or bars every day. I try to treat them as special treats, not daily usage. The bars are a weak spot for me (as I know they are for many), so I try to only eat them when I am traveling or at the movies or somewhere it's necessary. But if I am home or at work, no bars.

I exercise about 4-5 times a week. I do about 35 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill, pretty high intensity, and then do weight lifting and ab work. For weight lifting, because we are on so few calories, I do low weights with multiple sets of higher reps. This is mostly to focus on my upper arms, so what I can tone up. I also live in the city, so I walk everywhere, including to and from work.

My favorite meals are Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal/Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal and the Chocolate Pudding. Most of my meals in a day are those, and once in a while I'll mix it up and have something else. I do not get tired of these, I LOVE them! :-) My friends make fun of me because I take so much pleasure in them - but I think that's part of the process, find MF meals that you enjoy and you won't feel like you are being deprived, you'll feel like you're getting treats 5 times a day! I am serious, I really don't feel deprived!

Sorry for the waaaay long response, I hope I've answered all your questions. Thanks again, folks, keep on keepin' on!

Lauren
Last edited by Lauren on September 6th, 2006, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 6th, 2006, 6:47 am

Lauren wrote:I do not ever go off plan. I know this is not what works for everyone, and I am not saying it's the only way to find success, it's just the only way I was going to have success, because I didn't want to introduce flavors and foods back into my palate - I wanted to love and appreciate and enjoy my MF meals, and I do! Lauren

Hi Lauren,

You said a lot of key things in your post, but the part I bolded is really important for me. I was doing really great for the past 9 days. I did not have significant cravings...but yesterday I slipped...consciously....and joined my coworkers in a bit of larceny and stole some roasted peanuts from my chief counsel's desk. :oops: :cry: (I know tsk tsk). But once I tasted the peanuts why was I then thinking about cashew nuts and roasted coconut and trail mix??? Like you said, it reminded my palate. :hammerhead: I get it now.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat

Postby Sablebaby » September 6th, 2006, 7:20 am

Lauren,

Thanks for sharing your secrets to such a great loss! I was hanging on to every word.

I'm a size 26 and it is so motivational to see someone come from my size to where you are now. WOW is all I can say. Thanks!!
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby wildtrk » September 6th, 2006, 7:45 am

The first two words that come to mind are "HUBBA HUBBA!"

Great Job....very inspiring!
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Amber » September 6th, 2006, 8:21 am

Holy $%#*!!!!
Way to go, you look great!!!!!!!!!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Drama Queen » September 6th, 2006, 9:12 am

Lauren,

You are absolutely gorgeous!!! What an inspiration you are to so many of us. When I first started you gave me some great advice that has really helped me through my journey. As a former New Yorker, I must say, you must be turning heads everytime you walk down the street!!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby TheShadow » September 6th, 2006, 9:32 am

Amber wrote:Holy $%#*!!!!
Way to go, you look great!!!!!!!!!

Man I agree!! Lauren, what can anyone say except WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so gorgeous now! I know you must be in heaven and you will never, ever go back to that old way of life now that you've seen how good you can feel and look. Good for you. I am so pleased and happy for you.
TheShadow
TheShadow

PreviousNext

Return to Studio