Lauren's After Pictures

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Lauren's After Pictures

Postby Lauren » January 1st, 2007, 8:46 am

Hey, folks! I am back from Aruba, and as promised, have a couple pics for your viewing pleasure (or displeasure - don't want to make any assumptions!).

As is my trend, I am posting these shortly after my good buddy, Jo, it seems we have been side by side throughout the year, why stop now? Jo, I just wanted to take this moment to thank you for your support, understanding, and ongoing presence. It was just really helpful to feel like there was another person with such similar experiences and attitude throughout this diet, and I hope we'll continue to share this during maintenance!

People, I just got the digital camera, and I am just learning how to do this pic thing myself, so cut me a wee bit of slack, please! I will send more pics as I get them - but constantly asking people to take lone full body shots gets a little awkward! :-)

Oh, and that adorable little girl is my niece, Sami, how cute is she??

And just in case you all thought I FINALLY wasn't going to write some long-winded dissertation, you will be disappointed! :-) I do want to say this - for me, the switch "clicked" in my brain just before November 10th, 2005. I saw the results of Medifast on a woman, and went home and ordered product and started the diet. No looking back. No questions, no concerns, no cheating. I never had a goal weight, never had set date goals, none of it. I just knew that if I kept following the plan as it's laid out, that I would lose weight. And I did. My only goal was to feel "normal," to be unremarkable, to not have my body be what defines me. But when I got to a normal size 12, I decided that this diet is so easy, I might as well just keep on going. I now wear a size 8, I am 5'9" so that seems to feel right to me, I run 6x a week (plus strength training), read fitness and health magazines, and live like an athlete. I feel good, all the time, have bounce in my step, feel energized when I wake up, and life is just EASIER. Everything about life as a thinner person is just easier. Yes, it's nice to feel prettier. It's cool to get more attention. All the accolades are lovely. But the best most wonderful thing about losing all this weight is that everything is easier. Being in this world is easier. And that allows me to sleep better and wake each morning with pep in my step and a proud smile on my face.

Cheers to all of you in your quest for this good life, I know you can do it! :-)

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 1st, 2007, 9:11 am

:bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing:

Ooooo! I cannot WAIT to see your new photos, Lauren! :D

:bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing:

(Does using bouncing emoticons count as exercise? Heh!)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » January 1st, 2007, 9:11 am

BerkshireGrl wrote::bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing: :bouncie: :boing:

Ooooo! I cannot WAIT to see your new photos, Lauren! :D

(Does using bouncing emoticons count as exercise? Heh!)

I'm right there with you!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 1st, 2007, 9:27 am

bumpity bump.....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 1st, 2007, 9:46 am

Lauren,

ZOWIE! :shades:

It's a good thing you are wearing a dark belt and jeans or your willowy self would just vanish into the white door behind you! YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!

And your niece is super cute! :D

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful pics with us! Enjoy your bad self this brand-new year! :mrgreen:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » January 1st, 2007, 10:00 am

Thank you so much. You really just brightened my day!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby mellowmom » January 1st, 2007, 10:30 am

Wow, Lauren...You are gorgeous. You give us all, especially those of us with over 150 pounds to lose, hope and relief that it can be done!.

Thanks and congratulations.

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Nova » January 1st, 2007, 10:47 am

Wow! Lauren, you look amazing! And beautiful. Can't forget the gorgeous part. Well done!!
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Serendipity » January 1st, 2007, 10:53 am

Wow, Lauren, you look great! But I knew you would. It truly has been a pleasure going through this past year with you......just look what we did! Whoop Whoop for us!!!

Whadya say......Bloomingdales this spring for some action shots? :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

absolutely fabulous

Postby LAwoman » January 1st, 2007, 11:18 am

Oh Lauren,

I am so excited for you for the obvious reasons like you reached your goal, look even more beautiful, and are fit and healthy.
But I'm especially thrilled because of your valuable outlook on your life.

Thank you for sharing your journey along the way and all your insights. I look forward to doing the same.

Here's something that probably goes without saying, but CONGRATS AND A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO YOU!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » January 1st, 2007, 11:25 am

wow :bow:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Elizabeth » January 1st, 2007, 1:10 pm

Oh my goodness!! You look absolutely fabulous Lauren!!!
Thank you for sharing your awesome transformation and thank you for showing us that using the Medifast plan can take us there too! You look beautiful Lauren.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 1st, 2007, 1:42 pm

I have to add my two cents, here, Lauren. I agree that you look gorgeous, and you have worked so hard to get there!

But I really, really want to thank you for your words following the pictures. In case I ever feel like cheating, I need to come back and read those words. Comfort in my skin and ease of daily activities are a part of my reason to lose weight. It was wonderful and so heartening to read that this really can happen, and will happen, if I'm as disciplined as you were.

Thank you for sharing the wealth!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 1st, 2007, 2:21 pm

You are radiant...beautiful pics... :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Amber » January 1st, 2007, 2:42 pm

Holy $**t, Lauren!
You look spectacular!
Good Job!!!
Amber