Lauren's After Pictures

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby JeepGirl » January 2nd, 2007, 11:05 am

Lauren--You look HOT HOT HOT!! (Hubby totally 2nds and 3rds that!!)

You are a total inspiration and will continue to be now with these new photos!

You are stunning! Congrats!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lizabette » January 2nd, 2007, 12:50 pm

THANK YOU SWEET GIRL!
You have an amazingly gorgeous smile...
...how's about letting Unca add it to your avatar?
That would make your accomplishment so complete for me!

Lizabette :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Drama Queen » January 2nd, 2007, 2:47 pm

Lauren,

You are absolutely STUNNING!!! Thank you so much for being such an inspiration to all of us on this journey. Your words always ring true to me. You gave me some great advice and encouragement in my first weeks on the program. I'll always be grateful to you for that. You ROCK!!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Postby loriannk » January 3rd, 2007, 2:43 pm

What more is there to say
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lauren » January 3rd, 2007, 3:03 pm

Thanks again, everyone, for such kind posts! You all are awesome!

Elizabeth - to answer your question, my family and friends are just amazed. Having started and stopped a million diets, I think they just suspected that this was like the others. I always knew it was different, my mind was different from the start, but they couldn't tell until they started seeing me surpass all weight loss achievements I'd had in the past (30, 40, 50 pounds). My friends were shocked at how much I lost, as it turns out, none of them thought I had nearly that much to lose. My friends are all thin (yes, I am the token fun fat friend with a bunch of hot thin friends!) - so they assumed that if I lost, like 75 pounds, I'd be thin. They had no concept of 100 pounds, let alone making it past 160!

My family has been so supportive, and so awe struck, and just overwhelmed! I'm not gonna lie, having my weight carry so much "weight" in my family is a lot of pressure. Does that make sense? It's like, I brought them so much stress and frustration and concern all these years, and suddenly everyone's rejoicing, and it's a lot of pressure to be responsible for the happiness of my loved ones through my dietary habits. But I try to temper that with some levity, understanding that if I had a loved one with any addiction, I too would be emotionally affected by their wellness. When you love someone, you want them well, and being obese is hardly being well.

Anyway, my friends and family have been nothing short of fantastic - I didn't lose any friends (as many girls do), nor did I get any kind of resentment from anyone. I've been very fortunate, but I've also got a great family, and I have worked hard these last few years to only maintain my truly healthy friendships and release the other fools to the wild! :-)

Well, thanks again, folks, you all keep on rockin' the party, kick some 2007 ass!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

:-)

Postby LAwoman » January 3rd, 2007, 3:15 pm

"(yes, I am the token fun fat friend with a bunch of hot thin friends!)"

i believe you mean WAS ;)

"...having my weight carry so much "weight" in my family is a lot of pressure... ...it's a lot of pressure to be responsible for the happiness of my loved ones through my dietary habits..."

makes total sense, in fact, thanks for articulating a very strong feeling I have when dealing with family re: my weight.

Girl, you simply ROCK!!! again, awesome job!!!

LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Lauren » January 3rd, 2007, 3:17 pm

Ha. Still have fat brain, sorry! I meant to say I WAS the token fat friend. Geez, if I can't accept being thin, how will anyone else?

Thanks, LA!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby lauradr » January 6th, 2007, 10:49 am

BEAUTIFUL!! Lauren, You look WOW! So proud of girl
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby KeleeGrl » January 8th, 2007, 9:18 am

I too have all thin friends. Its hard for the self-esteem and sometimes causes problems with my hubby, but that's really on myself...i can't blame him for my insecurities. Not only hanging out with my "small" friends, but we ride motorcycles and so when we go to rallys there are so many beautiful woman and bodies to die for. I am so envious of their long legs and small tummies and toned arms. There's not much I can do for the long legs, but I know I can do something about the rest of me now! Lauren, I'll say it again, your a wonderful inspiration!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Lauren » January 9th, 2007, 2:14 pm

Thanks so much, peeps!

Kelee - try to find the things that you love about yourself, instead of being focused on things you envy in others. I truly don't know where this comes from, but I have never really been envious of other people. It's not to say that I may not admire certain traits in people, or totally acknowledge someone's gorgeous qualities, but I've never really envied them. Does that make sense? I've spent my life sort of hyper-aware about what was good in me and what wasn't as good. When I would look in the mirror, even at my fattest self, I still was able to see what was good. I can't explain it, but I almost think it was a self-preservation thing - like if I really saw the "big" picture, it may crumble me. But whatever the motivation, it enabled me to continue to feel great confidence in many areas of my life, while still acknowledging the parts that needed improvement.

The funny thing is that when I get dressed each day, I have always tilted my head slightly to the side when looking in the full length mirror. I swear, this must make me look thinner, because I've been doing it forever, and I definitely feel fatter looking straight on. And when I apply makeup, I sit on my bed with a little compact mirror, not a big giant mirror - so I focus on individual features, not the whole thing. I never made conscious choices to do these things, but I think it helped me not feel so huge all the time. That's why I was always surprised by myself in pictures - it was a glaring moment when I was reminded how big I was. I wouldn't see it in the mirror, but in a picture, whoa, it would be so apparent. So, I stopped posing in as many pictures. Problem solved! :-)
It all sounds like denial, but like I said, I think it's what kept my head on straight, and allowed me to live, and enjoy life as much as is possible when you're morbidly obese.

Think of all your tremendous qualities, the things about you that sparkle - both physical and within your character, and realize that those are amazing and admirable traits that make you worthy of self-confidence, self-love, and, what the heck, a little cockiness! Why not?

Lauren
Lauren

Postby KeleeGrl » January 10th, 2007, 8:25 am

Yes, it does make sense and I hope I can start looking at myself that way. Its funny because anyone that knows me or comes in contact with me, they wouldn't see that I have any insecurities about myself, I come across as a very confident and out-going person. I think its because I don't want to make myself vulnerable to the outside, just to myself. I'm not sure if that makes sense what I'm saying or if I'm saying it right. The only person that sees my insecurities is my husband because he gets the brunt of it, which I have gotten better at not blaming him. Thanks for your advice and its always welcomed.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » January 26th, 2007, 9:49 pm

Lauren ~

Your camera captured you perfectly – you are the picture of health. How precious that you are reaping the benefit of your efforts and realize the wonder of experiencing great health. Doesn’t it feel awesome to move about with ease and to be free from the physical constraints you once had? :boing:

You have a magnificent body! It looks like you are wearing skinny jeans. :roll: Uh oh…let the shopping begin!

Isn’t it great to be fully alive? :roll:

You have good friends and a great family and now you can understand the love and concern they had for you all along. For those of us who have made it to a healthier weight, this becomes our mission and calling to not keep silent about the importance of choosing the healthy way but to share it with all we know and care about. It makes sticking to the program all the more important – nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

:secret: Folks, when Terry and I met Lauren last year in Noo Yawk City, she was drop-dead :whistle: gorgeous – that smile, those eyes, long legs and sexy hair…now I don’t know what to think! :scratchhead:

Lauren, thank you for being you and for sharing yourself with us all.

Now we’re gonna hafta all start a fund to buy a bone crunchin’ guard dawg to keep the hurking studs at bay. Dang! :whattha: You’re hot!:you:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

wow

Postby pinkbugs471 » January 27th, 2007, 4:52 am

WOW.... what an amazing transformation..... you are truley stunning. :D
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471

Postby Lauren » February 1st, 2007, 7:29 am

Morning, everyone!

Just wanted to thank you, Nancy, for such a great post! It was so great seeing you way back when you visited NYC, perhaps another visit is in order soon? Or maybe I'll make my way west...um, maybe after the winter? You have been so wonderful during this journey, and watching you maintain your success is a continued inspiration to me!

Thanks, PinkBugs, for the great compliment! I hope you are doing great and loving MF as much as I do!

Cheers!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby Hyperion » February 1st, 2007, 8:20 am

Lauren, I just saw this post...

Holy sh** !!!!! I thought I was incredible with 115 pounds lost, but you my dear break the record!!!

Look at you, look at this smile!!! Look at these jeans, wowwwwwwwwww!!

I know what it feels, Lauren, to fully live! You and I began MF at about the same time, I think I finished just a little before you... This is just crazy!

Shopping for normal clothes, being fully confident of what you can do, how others perceive you, being able to move graciously! :lol:

It's a shame we live so far from each other, I'd live to have dinner with you (no jealousy from your husband there haha, only a MF meeting ;) )

Now I'm sure everyone told you the same, but the greatest challenge is to keep it off... As for me, I've been playing yo-yo with 10 pounds, which seems to be normal (water retention, scale's humor, etc)... I wish you everything of the best feelings I'm enjoying right now 24 hours a day with this new body and this new life I've had for almost a year now! Treat it with care :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Studio