Karli

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: Karli

Postby Tawanda » November 10th, 2009, 7:53 am

:coach: Hey! Miss you!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Karli » November 12th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Okay, I'm back, I'm back, I'm back. Thanks for the notes ! Good ole' swiney took it out of me and then some other little thing showed up and even though for awhile it's probably best that I was not on, it's started to turn into stupid laziness and just an excuse to stay off !! So, no more of that !

Let's move 'em forward, I say !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » November 12th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Glad that you are feeling better and that you are back!
Tawanda

Postby Karli » November 13th, 2009, 7:45 am

Thanks, T. Unfortunately I am definitely not 100% yet, still can't get through the day without a decent quantity of cough drops, which are NOT sugar-free (dangit) and that's messing me up a bit. I would like to find some sugar free ones as a plan B but would ultimately like to just not need them anymore at all as a plan A !! Yesterday turned out to be not an ON day, but of course, I'm trying again today. I'm already a few cough drops in though ... but, I'm not going to let that stop me and I will find what I need today !! This is completely uncharacteristic of me to be feeling like this at all, especially for a couple of weeks now !!

Anyway, I'm going to aim at getting some cleaning done today, lotsa practicing, finally making my beloved oatmeal pudding cups and being ON program today !! I decided to move my goal weight for now to 180 ... I am going to think of it as a new place to hover for a while ... then see how I feel when I get there. 160 just felt way too far out of reach. And, 10 pounds less than I am now would at least be better ... right now I'm going for better !

Have a great day, one and all !
Karli

Postby Tawanda » November 14th, 2009, 9:34 am

:)
Tawanda

Postby oksoonergirl26 » November 14th, 2009, 9:48 pm

If you don't have to real cough drops Ricola has a sugar-free lemon throat lozenge that is wonderful.I hate cough drops-they make me sick, so I use these instead even before I was on the program.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karli » November 15th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Thanks, Ok. Yeah, I was looking for those but couldn't seem to find them anywhere ... even though I had found them before ! I finally found some yesterday at Coscto though ... they are definitely not as potent as other cough drops, and I didn't realize that they weren't considered the 'real' thing. Last night was a really long night for both hubby and I, unfortunately, because of me coughing ! Bleh. Anyway, I REALLY think things are actually drying up though. I still haven't been perfect on plan, and that is really starting to get annoying ! Today has been the best so far though, but I have had extra veggies and small slice of bread. I know that ideally, I should have had a diet all along where I just eat extra veggies in the day, and a slice of bread is actually a healthy way to go about eating carbs (if it stays at that), but I know myself and I know that I can rarely maintain that kind of actually balanced eating. I also know that even if I DID maintain it, I wouldn't drop the weight as fast (which is part of why my mind can never settle on maintaining it).

Still haven't made my pudding cups ... there's still time in the day though :). Cheers !
Karli

Postby oksoonergirl26 » November 18th, 2009, 6:18 pm

I hope you are feeling better! When I am feeling poorly it is really hard to eat right, because you just want to eat something that soothes. Also, almost all of the Medifast products have dairy and that makes the hacking cough and runny nose worse. Plus, who wants to eat puffs when your throat hurts? So, eat what makes you feel better (in moderation of course) so you can heal.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Joy » November 18th, 2009, 6:32 pm

best wishes for %100 health
joy :heart:
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tawanda » November 23rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Karli, thank you for your support!
Tawanda

Postby Karli » November 23rd, 2009, 9:33 am

You're welcome, T !! Thanks for yours :). Actually, it's VERY helpful having somebody else be strong on program at the same time as you, and I'm sorry that I haven't better been that for you ! I was actually doing *really* well until my last trip to Utah, which is WHERE I actually got ill -- bleh ! I absolutely did not want to go off program and stayed on my first day (before the whole thing really hit) but by Saturday, if I didn't get some more food in me I wasn't getting out of bed and I absolutely had to drag myself to my lessons (I actually walked about 3 miles !! haha). Not a real fun thing, but somehow I pulled it off ! In any event, it's been tough getting things back in gear while not feeling well, b/c trying to get back on was really intensifying the symptoms and I still needed to be trying to work and such. However, that really turned into an excuse to be a pretty horrible eater, so I am very non-thrilled about that !!

I am finally not waking up in the nights with that stupid cough and am REALLY starting to feel normal again, which I am VERY thankful for !! I, of course, weighed out the options of waiting to really get back on program until after the first of the year, but I really do not want to wait that long. I want to start TODAY, which is what I am doing. I am just sucking it up and planning to stay ON through the holidays. That's just the way it goes ! My family doesn't really understand but that's also just the way it goes !

I am feeling ready to be some sort of new person in my life, and losing this weight is really important to me, but losing the mindset that puts the weight on (and keeps it on) is even MORE important to me. That's been the real battle, for sure !

In any event, cheers to all and have an awesome day ! :cleader: VIVA LA MF !!
Last edited by Karli on November 24th, 2009, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karli

Postby Tawanda » November 23rd, 2009, 11:21 am

:cleader: Go Karli!!!!! :cleader:

Thanksgiving is not going to be challenging....as you mentioned in my journal, turkey and veggies are easily the L & G...dessert for me will be the next supplement (one of my chocolate mint crunch bars). I've considered even saving a few (4 or 5) of my puffs to use as 'croutons' on my salad as a special little extra (I know, silly to think of that as being 'special'---but hey, it is different than I normally have so ......LOL).

Christmas goodies may be a bit more challenging----but there will be more Christmas' in my future (God willing) and those goodies will always be at those holidays. Getting myself healthier and at a normal weight means more to me than those holiday foods (this is my mantra whenever I think about it).

Glad you are feeling better!
Tawanda

Postby Karli » November 24th, 2009, 8:44 am

Yep, there will be all of these holidays again ! It's pretty crazy to me how long it is taking for my mentality to TRULY be switching gears. One of the biggest challenges is in letting go of thinking that food is more than what it is, or appreciating it in the wrong ways. It's so easy, for example, to think of food as the focus of these holidays and that it's the special foods that makes the time with family and friends special. Of course, what is truly special is being together and in taking these precious moments in our lives to really connect with each other and appreciate each other. Food probably has its place, but I want to focus on the love that is going into the making of these meals and I can appreciate that just as much when I am not eating it as I can if I did eat it. Again, the focus being on something deeper than the food itself. It may challenge me to step outside of my comfort zone and be courageous a bit, and I may need to get creative in showing my appreciation, but those are certainly not bad things ! In some respect, it's like making a vow to myself to be on program during these holidays is putting my focus in the right spots, and for some reason it just feels REALLY good. It may not be easy in practice (there are some serious "opportunities" in my future), but I know it's right in concept. I may just have to grow to live up to the concept.

In any respect, yesterday was great ! I made more pudding cups and plan to make more today, too. I'm not sure how many I'll make. I had ordered two boxes of oatmeal as my only order (keeping my be slim discount alive) to dedicate to pudding cups (I've eaten too much oatmeal by itself at this point in my life to have it that way anymore !), and I think it could be a good thing to have ready and take along with me. I leave for Utah again on December 4th, and my new order of MF arrives the day before that ... which I am SO glad about since it includes crunch bars (SO easy to take with me). I have a definite sense of confidence about being able to stick to program there, as I just know I would have continued to do so last time had I not gotten sick. That is progress !

Cheers to all !
Karli

Postby saradanielle » November 24th, 2009, 9:58 am

WAY TO GO KARLI!! heres to another successful day! :wave:
saradanielle

Postby Karli » November 26th, 2009, 1:26 am

Thanks, SD ! Doing great so far, passed round one at the folks with flying colors. Cheers !
Karli

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal