Karli

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: Karli

Postby Tawanda » October 20th, 2009, 2:23 pm

Glad to hear that your day is going well! You can do this!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Karli » October 20th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Thank you, Ladies. I am happy to report that I am finishing up another great day ON program. :wave:
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » October 21st, 2009, 9:03 am

:thumbup:
Tawanda

Postby Karli » October 22nd, 2009, 6:29 am

Well, yesterday was another successful day on program and therefore we are off to another one today, as well. The first couple of days were pretty mild, actually, strangely enough. It's almost as though I were already in ketosis or something, as I didn't experience most of the things that normally are associated with getting back into ketosis, yesterday was more tricky though ! I think TOM is pretty near and I had the munchies something fierce !!!! I managed mostly unscathed though, with only a bit of extra chicken that I am not going to beat myself up over. Sometimes even eating something like a little extra chicken can try to trick my thinking into believing I might as well throw in the towel and eat whatever else there is in the house that I could possibly want, since I already "ruined" it with some extra bites of chicken ... but I am *so* glad I didn't listen to those silly voices :-P , as eating a few bites of extra chicken is nowhere near the same ballpark as binging on whatever I can get my hands on !

I hope everyone has a great day !
Karli

Postby Tawanda » October 22nd, 2009, 8:00 am

Good for you Karli! I kept baked chicken, also hard boiled eggs, on hand for times that I thought I needed to eat something or go off program. I did not count that against myself in any way as I was not eating much of it.

:cleader: :cheers:
Tawanda

Postby Karli » October 23rd, 2009, 9:30 am

That's a good idea, Tawanda. I would prefer to NOT munch at ALL on anything ! However, I have realized that if it comes to weighing out the "evils" it is MUCH better to recognize the lesser of two, and if something must be done, to stick with the lesser ! For now, aside from aiming to be exactly on program, my fallback plan is the lesser of two evils, for sure !

So, I am currently in love with the oatmeal/pudding cups. I made four w/choco pudding yesterday and 2 w/banana. I am not in love with banana pudding as it is, but I did like it better this way. I think I have a few packets of banana hanging around and will aim to use them like this. I just finished a choco pudding cup for my last supplement, and have found that they are infinitely better (to me) when I make them up completely and place them in the fridge for a good while so that the whole thing kind of gels together and gets really, really cold. It is delicious ! And, I read in a post somewhere a while back that we are allowed to use a little unsweetened cocoa powder as a condiment, so what I have done is mix one Tbls. of that with a packet of sweetner and a bit of water to make a fairly thick chocolatey situation. One T. is 20 calories, 2 carbs and 2 proteins. That one little mix of it would last me all day long and "line" the bottom of the oatmeal cups as well as "top" the pudding (when dipped into it). So, I have had choco pudding cups with choco sauce lining the bottom of the cup and resting on top of the pudding as well ... I have to admit, it's pretty freakin' great ! And, right now, when my choco cravings are SO strong, I am very happy to have something SO chocolately that is program compliant, vs. going for the brownies which are NOT !!

Yesterday was another munchy day, mainly in the evening time when I got bored and lonely and anxious about everything. I made my hubby a completely not compliant meal and munched a few slivers of cheese, as well as having extra chicken yesterday and an extra supplement ! Argh ! BUT, what I *really* wanted to do was throw in the towel completely and binge on cheese chips, make brownies and all of that stuff. My goal is perfect compliance today, and at first I was disappointed at myself for yesterday, but right now I am going to be thrilled that I am being able to handle the massive munchy monster in the ways that I have been, and just aim to be better today. It's FAR less damage to deal with than if I had gone ahead and made the cheese chips and brownies and all.

Like I said though, my goal is perfect compliance today !! I can do it !! Cheers to all :).
Karli

Postby Karli » October 23rd, 2009, 3:47 pm

Well, I just had the surprise of my life by stepping on the scale in the middle of the day and having it read 190 :shock:. With all things considered, I really thought it would be a bit more than that ... by like, 6 or 7 pounds ! This means that I will *probably* see a number below 190 tomorrow morning (provided I sleep well tonight), and that is *very* encouraging !

On another front, I sacrificed my two last oatmeals in an experiment to create a chocolate cake/muffin/brownie type of thing. Not really so good :-P. I mixed two oatmeals, two choco puddings, two MF eggs together and it came out ... well, kind of yucky :-P. But then again, maybe my expectations were way too high and I need to try the thing again later with lower expectations ! I am only sad because that means I have to wait for my new arrival of MF to make those oatmeal pudding cups again, which I really, really like !

Well, hope all things are right in the world of you MF sistahs and brothahs (wherever you are :-P) !
Karli

Postby sidrah » October 23rd, 2009, 9:42 pm

Hey!

I have a brownie recipe someplace. I'll find it and post it for you. Another thing you can do when you are dying for some chocolate to keep you compliant and still satisfied is buying some ice cube trays and WF chocolate syrup--the pourable kind, not the dip clumpy kind. PAM an ice cube tray and fill with some syrup. After a half hour or so, you can put in a drop of WF caramel dip into the center. It freezes and you just suck on it later on. you can use chocolate molds/lollipop sticks, too.

I make them for my brother all the time. I also use the WF syrup to top the pudding/oatmeal-y muffin-y things. And, I agree, they taste even better the next dau when everything melds.

Who said that you strive for perfection but as long as you land somewhere in its vicinity you know you are near. Can't remember. Anyhow, I know what you mean about one thing can ruin the whole day and I have felt like that for the last 2 days. Today it was avocado on sale. I shouldn't have bought it, but I did. For me it is nighttime at home that is tougher. ALl I can do is hope tomorrow is the day I wished 2 days ago was. Have a great weekend.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » October 24th, 2009, 9:01 am

Karli, you are making great choices. I did not count it against myself if I had an extra supplement or a hard boiled egg or a small bit of chicken to get myself through a day. Like you, I did not eat the chips, ice cream, brownies, cookies, nuts...pizza........whatever--I ate a little bit of protein or an extra MF supplement. No big deal at all-compared to what we would have eaten. You are doing excellent!

I made the oatmeal pudding cups yesterday during a busy time in our day and forgot the splenda and the baking powder! LOL They do not taste great--but I am eating them. Rubbery and blah....next time I will remember the splenda and the baking powder! It is nice to have something that seems 'off program big time' and have it be 100% okay! :) A bit of your chocolate mixture sounds good, too.........

Keep going-----you are doing excellent!
Tawanda

Postby oksoonergirl26 » October 24th, 2009, 7:33 pm

I am confused about the oatmeal pudding cups-do I cook the pudding too or just put it on top of the oatmeal crust?
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karli » October 25th, 2009, 12:32 pm

This is going to be really quick b/c things are *nuts* at the moment !! Don't cook the pudding, put it in afterwards.

The party that I was preparing for was last night and even though I had planned to bring the appropriate MF's, I *completely* forgot to bring even a single supplement :o :shock: ! So, that was tricky b/c I had already eaten my L/G for the day and there was not even a true L/G there, and we were going to be there for enough time that I should have had *at least* 3 more suppies !!! I managed with what I could, ate some veggies, salami and some sliced cheese ... I'm not going to count this against me ! I stayed clear of everything else ... lasagna, cakes, cookies, breads, crackers, other crazy cheeses, wine ... etc. and I don't think I threw myself out of ketosis, and I consider myself still on.

Cheers ! Hopefully I'll be back soon to be more supportive to you all :).
Karli

Postby sidrah » October 25th, 2009, 5:47 pm

I think you did fine. Extra protein and vegetables won't hurt you.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Joy » October 25th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Wishing you a wonderful week!
regards,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tawanda » October 26th, 2009, 7:33 am

Sounds like you did the best you could under the circumstances! I have a ziplock baggie in my handbag with 4 or 5 crunch bars in it.....just because I would forget to take along supplements. Still not foolproof as I don't always take my handbag if DH is with me......LOL..
Tawanda

Postby Karli » October 27th, 2009, 8:40 am

Yeah, I normally have *something* stashed *somewhere* ... either in my purse, in my bigger bag ... somewhere in the car ... but there was absolutely *nothing* !!! That is the first time out of all the time I have been on MF that that has happened ... duh ! At first I panicked and was like "oh, well, I guess I have a good reason to eat whatever I want now" but then I realized it didn't have to be like that, and even if i knocked myself out of ketosis by having *something,* I realized that if I stuck to something like what I ended up sticking to, the physical and mental damage would be far easier to recover from than if I just threw everything in the bin. I am happy I made the choices that I made ! We had friends over the next night, too, and this time I saved my L/G for that evening. These are friends with whom when my hubby and I started hanging out with, it was the very first time I ever went off program, during the very first time I was ever ON. Subsequently, that time marked the beginning of a great friendship, where we have spent MANY times together and often I would get discouraged to start back on program because I would know we were going to be hanging out with our friends sometime in the not-too-distant-future and that it could easily knock me off of being resolved. It has been really hard for me over the years to be the only one out of the four of us not partaking in wine and cheese and bread and dessert ... but, I am thrilled to say that I just completely stayed my grounds, even while they were over for dinner and brownies and wine kept getting shoved in my direction ! YAY !

Anyhoo ... things have been pretty crazy busy. Sleep has been 'ok' and I am right smack at the beginning of TOM, and for how many good decisions I have made in the last few days, for how many yummy dishes I have avoided even nibbling from, I would have loved to see a lower number on the scale this morning, but it's 'ok'. I am at least happy that I have left the 190's and the scale read a humble 189.4. I still feel like I have SO far to go, but there is only one way to get there :-P , so I guess I better just keep on truckin'.

Cheers to all and thanks for stopping by !
Karli

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal