Karli

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: Karli

Postby Karli » May 11th, 2010, 1:08 pm

Just piping in to say that today marks 2 weeks on program. Happy about that ! I even went out to eat three times over the weekend -- stayed the course and lost weight as I went ! The only thing I'm not real thrilled about is that I seem to be having very low energy almost every day -- I may add a supplement each day, or at least make a point of eating a snack each day (since it seems I get a boost in energy after I actually eat something, and therefore it seems tied to low calorie intake overall). Cheers !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Karli » May 13th, 2010, 12:51 pm

Day 16 ... I think. The plan is going great, everything else is going quite well. I *think* I may even be getting a bit more energy, though I haven't added anything. We'll see. I have changed my ticker to reflect my current weight. It's hard to imagine I've been on program now as I have been, and to think about how uncomfortable I was feeling when I started, and then to try to 'kick' that habbit of stuffing myself to "relieve" my emotional discomfort, only to bring more physical and emotional discomfort to myself. Been doing a LOT of digging in to life and giving my life a lot of deep thinking. I've got another order coming in a little less than a week and I'm happy about that. It's hard for me to imagine being on program for another month, straight (and I will need to be on more than that to reach my lower goal weight), but I guess I still need to take things one day at a time. One of my biggest lessons right now is 'patience' ... whew, I thought I already was patient, haha ! Still working on it.

In the meantime, hope all are well. Cheers !
Karli

Postby saradanielle » May 15th, 2010, 3:09 pm

great job Karli!
16 + days is something to be proud of..... just think about another month perfectly on plan vrs being overweight for many more months..
think of summer coming up and all the fun wonderful weather, clothes and activities there will be!
saradanielle

Postby Karli » May 16th, 2010, 8:27 am

Hi Sara, thanks for dropping by and for the encouraging words ! Very helpful !

Today's weigh-in was 198.2 -- it's been a pretty slow moving scale this week, which I haven't been absolutely thrilled with, but at least it's moving (downwards !!). I leave town early on Friday morning for the weekend (piano studies) and a few weeks back I was kind of hoping to be around 190 by then, but that's not going to happen. I'm going to have to be okay with that. This is the first time I've been below 200 in months, so I AM happy about that.

Cheers to all !
Karli

Postby oksoonergirl26 » May 16th, 2010, 6:52 pm

Go Karli!!! You are doing so great and I truly hope you can keep it. Remember, if the scale moves slowly, it usually means that a bigger drop is headed your way!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katieb920 » May 17th, 2010, 5:59 am

Great Job Karli :cleader:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » May 17th, 2010, 6:25 am

Karli, dropping below 200 is a great success (I still remember how great I felt when it happened for me). Congratulations!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Karli » May 20th, 2010, 6:46 am

Thanks, Ladies !

I'm checking in now for the week, even though it's only Thursday. I will be leaving tomorrow in the early morning through Monday afternoon, and I would like to weigh-in for the week. To my surprise, the scale has been very kind this week so far, and I have lost a pound every single night since last Sunday :shock:. That means that I'm down 4# this week so far since last Sunday, weighing in at 194.2 this morning.

Cheers to all !
Karli

Postby DogMa » May 20th, 2010, 3:55 pm

That's great, Karli! Have a good trip!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » May 25th, 2010, 8:03 pm

Great job...send some patience my way, please! Have a good time.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Karli » May 26th, 2010, 11:44 am

Yeah, I actually don't know that sticking to plan is as much about "strength" as it is about patience; or perhaps there is strength in patience or so. Great to see you back here, Sidrah ! And thanks for the cheers, Robin :).

Well, the good and actually rather unbelievable news is that I stayed on program throughout my stay out of town. The bad news is that I underestimated how difficult that would be for me. I think I stayed on plan largely in part because it has become my habit and way of life, so even when I took my life out of its usual context, that element of my existence stayed the same. What was difficult though were all of the emotions it forced me to deal with. Going away from my hometown and being somewhere else by myself to study piano, with the emmense endeavor that has been throughout my life and all things related, there are many, many, many emotions surrounding it. And, what is so unbelievable about having stayed on program this time was in part because I usually "cope" with all of those emotions by stuffing myself into oblivion. That time away is always an absolutely amazing time for reflection upon my life, and two visits ago, the night before I left, I made a list of the things I was unhappy about with my life, and most of it centered around, stemmed from, or actually caused my being overweight. I guess I was happy to be leaving my teacher's town this time with a little perspective in having accomplished something towards fixing that part of my life between visits. I still have a ways to go.

So, I weighed myself yesterday morning and I was down a pound since last Thursday, which wasn't amazing feeling to me, but at least it was another step downward. But, then today it was up about a half pound -- first time that's happened since I have been back on plan this time and weighing myself consistently. Perhaps there is a real kind of airplane bloat, but I would have thought that would be gone by this morning, but it's also nearly TOM, as well. I'm going to try not to worry too much about it, but I suppose I'm feeling pretty antsy to be reaching the 180's again. I haven't been there since last October, but I can rest assured that as long as I stick to the plan, I will probably be seeing those numbers within the next week and a half.

Hope all are well :).
Karli

Postby Karli » June 1st, 2010, 7:16 am

Well, not a lot to report here. My weight hasn't budged for a week :|. It was down a pound after having stayed on program out of town a week ago (finally moved my ticker to reflect), but there was airplane bloat (I guess) and then TOM bloat and it wasn't going ANYWHERE -- and that started messing with my head ! These last several days have been a bit of a struggle, as those stupid TOM cravings can be fierce, especially when the scale doesn't budge and that aspect is not there to help motivate me. I have also been baking and cooking for my husband -- what this has all meant is that I've struggled a bit mentally, took a few bites of off-program stuff, and I was even willing to throw in the towel completely for a piece of a pizza at one point, but then something else stepped in and wouldn't let me do that. Almost everyday I have resorted to having an extra supplement as a compromise with myself. If my "binge" has turned into only a few bites off program over a few days and/or an extra supplement during the day, I guess I can be happy about that progress, but I'd like to not do that, either. Where that leaves me is that I really need to have a perfect day today, get the ball rolling on the scale side of things again, and to get myself re-motivated.

Hope everyone has a good day :).
Karli

Postby Karli » June 4th, 2010, 7:02 am

Well, I'm happy to report that I have myself back on track now (for the past few days) and the scale has been moving down again. Not as much as I would love for it to be, but it's moving. I have had three very, very big tests in these last couple of weeks and so far --aside from a few bites off program over a few days-- I am passing them all with a deep conviction and 'knowing' that food will not solve my problems nor will it even truly bring me comfort amidst them. I am becoming aware that my lifestyle is changing, but it needs more time and more strengthening -- one day at a time !

Anyway, this morning I was at 191.6 -- Sleep hasn't been great, as we are waiting for news on my husband's job, but hopefully the news will be good news when it comes and my sleeping will return to being better and perhaps the scale will be even more cooperative at that point. I am really anxious to be reaching the 180's again !

Cheers to all.
Karli

Postby Karli » June 6th, 2010, 6:51 am

Weightloss has been ... strange ! 191.4 this morning, after being up .4 (for no apparent eating reason) yesterday morning from the morning before. So, since two days ago, I have lost a whopping .2 pounds :|. I am very much hoping that this is just a strange couple of weeks, riddled with extra stress and less-than-ideal circumstances, and that this slower scale movement is not going to be indicative of the rest of my life !! argh !

Anyway, I AM happy, however, that it's still overall moving downward. Moving my ticker to accomodate and I am *sincerely* hoping to be hitting the 180's this week -- I don't think that's unrealistic ! I will like to reach goal by the end of July -- and that means that I would like to be around 188 by the end of this week. Obviously it's not fully up to me, but I'd sure like to do my part :). I'm trying to start walking at least every day and start getting myself back into the habit of having some physical activity in my life, just for the sake of loving to be active ! Eventually that will turn into more activity that will fit my schedule, but for now I just need to start. It's been such a long road to balancing things out and learning what I really need to have in my life, how much, and so on. But, who says I needed to have it all figured out when I was born ? I guess I'm just doing what life is about.

Cheers !
Karli

Postby Karli » June 9th, 2010, 7:35 am

Well, I had a little glimpse of being in the 180's this morning on my first scale step, but my next one (about 10 minutes later and no liquids or foods in between) was still in the 190's at 190.2. Grr :-P . Ah well.

Sleep has been poor -- mostly I'm going to attribute my slower weightloss to poor sleep and higher stress than usual. On the positive front though, my weight is still headed downwards, no matter how slowly, and I am learning how to cope with not stress eating during seemingly stressful times. Gotta accentuate the positive !!

Cheers to all :).
Karli

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal