Just placed a new order

Add your favorite recipes.

Just placed a new order

Postby sidrah » April 9th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Okay, so I finally got around to ordering some new things. I got some of the peach oatmeal and the mango and fruit punch-y drinks. I can't believe I have never had them before. They seem like just what I need for getting in all of the food each day. I cannot wait to try the oatmeal. I am running out of and the vanilla berry flavor is wearing thin. I am not a big fan of french vanilla, but vanilla is okay. Let's hope I love peach.

I also got the chocolate divine (I think they are called) and the mint bars. Funny thing is I am not really a big chocolate fan! But, I love mint chocolate stuf, so I hope they are goooood.

I haven't been following this plan all that seriously, but I am set to now. I know and see that it works. I just forget to eat things and by the time I notice, it is almost 330 when the last class is getting out and I feel like, "Another wasted day!" I am great at giving advice; I just can't remember to follow it! By the tiem the afterschool bunch stays and goes home, it is 530 PM and I really feel like I have to try again tomorrow since it is so late already.

I wish I could drink the water from the sink here. School water is even worse, if that is possible. That has been such a problem for me. All the (buying) water runs. I like drinking it, I just can't find enough of it all the time. Oh well, I need to plan better, I suppose. Maybe I can find something better than Brita ( a failed attmept at making the water palatable). Any ideas are welcome
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » April 9th, 2006, 4:14 pm

I buy cases of water at Costco. I can only stand spring water, not even the stuff labeled drinking water. So I buy two cases a week. That's my version of weightlifting, for now. :roll:

The way I remember to eat is to plan out my times at the beginning of the day, starting with whenever I eat breakfast. Then, if you need to, maybe you could set a little alarm or something?

I have a cooler that holds my dinner and supplements, plus several bottles of water. I bring it to work so I can drink my bottles all night long. It's a pain to lug it around every night, but hey, more weightlifting.

I don't know if this will help at all, but it works for me.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 11th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Don't let the 5:30 pm blues get to you. It's NOT too late to be on plan. It will soon become habitual and you'll get it. Right now, my husband buys all the bottled water and lugs it home but we're considering getting a water home delivery service for econvenience.
Arklahoma

Postby Ct. Yankee » April 11th, 2006, 5:23 pm

I am finding that knowing I have a lot of variety each day, makes it so easy to stay on the plan. Take a bar with you when it isn't convenient to prepare a packet. But, remember, only one bar per day.

I, too, drink only Spring water, and I have had home delivery for about a year now. I order the 16.9oz bottles by the cases, so that my water becomes 'portable' as well. If I run out between deliveries, I just trot over to the grocery for a gallon or two of distilled water, and then use what is left of that, for my puppy. Some members prefer their water at room temp, some like it chilled.

It must be very difficult trying to fit in your meals while going to school. Each of us has to find our own schedules that work for us. I wish you good luck in finding what works best for you and you can do it!!! Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » April 11th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Joan,
I wish I was going to school only. I am doing that at night!

I am teaching, that is the issue. I have no free period this year and it seems like I can never get a chance to stop for two seconds until the last class of the day leaves. The after school kids come in 5 seconds later, but I have no problem with meals with them there.

I am never home for delivery or I might consider that. For now, I am keeping cases of water in the car and I run out at lunchtime. I think for the summer it will be a zillion times easier for me.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Ct. Yankee » April 12th, 2006, 6:01 am

Gotcha, Sidrah, thanks for clarifying. Even though you are having a problem at the present, I really admire you for giving it your best try!! :mrgreen:

I can sure see the difficulty you are having fitting in all your meals, working, and then going to school in the evening.

Maybe, one of the Health Advisors, or Nancy, can help you plan a program. Wishing you much success now and always!

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Pashta » April 12th, 2006, 7:13 am

Something my mother always said, that her mother said to her and I'm sure was passed down for generations:

Where there's a will, there's a way.

No excuses, just do it. :) If necessary you can eat during a bathroom break, don't tell me you go all day without using the restroom. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 12th, 2006, 7:28 am

Pashta ... That's a great idea! At the hospital, we never get breaks and because I work in critical care I can't just leave the unit at any time for any reason. I have to find another nurse that is not busy (yeah right) and give them a report on my patients and tell them where I'm going. Many times I have shoved an RTD in my scrubs pocket and just stood in the bathroom and slurped it down. Gotta do what you gotta do. I'm no good to my patients if I'm faint from hunger.
Arklahoma

Postby sidrah » April 12th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Pashta wrote: If necessary you can eat during a bathroom break, don't tell me you go all day without using the restroom. :)

You would be surprised.

And, I ordered the fruit drinks in order to add in more meals per day, so I am hardly trying to get out of following a plan or re-arranging it.

I'll figure it out. This is among the least of my worries these days.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » April 12th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Sidrah ... I know what you mean. There are many nights at the hospital that I do not even get one potty break in twelve hours (I'm not kidding), so I feel your pain. Hope you get this worked out!
Arklahoma

Postby falisamarie » April 13th, 2006, 6:38 am

Man first of all my heart goes out to you guys who don't get regular potty breaks because I would definetly have to wear a depends with how much I go.

I am lucky and spoiled I guess being that we live surrounded by 4 springs and our well actually taps into spring water. I have an idea though...all of you can get one of those 50 gallon barrells and drive here to Florida and come to my house and fill the barrells up!

no worries you can all stay with me....hubby will love me for that one!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby sidrah » April 13th, 2006, 7:03 pm

Nothing tastes like Brooklyn water. When I moved here, I just couldn't get used to the taste. I guess I don't like the taste of pukey, tinny sewage.

I'll save up water bottles and hop on down there during Easter break, 'k?

:water: <------Not from the sink..... :mrgreen:
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » April 13th, 2006, 11:26 pm

DH and I are going on vacation in a few weeks. Were actually planning on going somewhere else but Orlando's looking pretty good, right now!

:lol:
Arklahoma

Postby Serendipity » April 15th, 2006, 8:29 am

Well, you could move to western PA, where the tap water tastes much better than bottled (in fact our town recently got the best water in PA award. they didn't send money, but we get to brag).....wow, I don't know what I would do if the water didn't taste good right out of the tap! Bottled water tastes kind of flat to me.

BTW, the choco mint bars are great! They taste exactly like Girl Scout Thin Mints. You might want to try the Oatmeal Raisin and the Lemon Fantasy, too.......yum yummy
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ktrout » April 15th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Our water doesn't taste too bad but I picked up a PUR filter water container for the fridge and really like it. The water tastes so much better without the chlorine after taste. I fill it up every morning after I fill my 2 1 liter bottles to take to work. The filter lasts for about 3 months or so and it's easy to replace. It costs a lot less than buying bottled water and it's just as convienent.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine