first order with you

Questions/Comments about Ordering Products.

first order with you

Postby Jade » February 3rd, 2004, 9:56 am

Dear Nancy,
I just placed my first order with you. It is under the name Jennifer. Jade is my family nickname (green eyes) and also my 20 yr. old daughter's middle name. I read Unca's post about a promo code. I did not have a health advisor before you so cannot get one, so I left it blank. This is the beginning of my 4th week on MF. I'm down 17 lbs. and couldn't be more stoked about the plan. This site has been a constant source of inspiration and encouragement. Just wanted to say "thanks". I'm a week ahead on my ordering in case there is any weather related SNAFUs (my computer is now flashing -17 degrees :twisted: ). I'm leaving on a long awaited vacation for 12 days on Feb. 11th. I'm taking my MF with me, however I know it will be more than difficult to be strict all of the time. Are there any special guidelines you have learned through your experience with maintenance that would help me make good choices during the times when will be eating? I'm on the modified plan so know how to choose my lean and green, but what about other meals? Don't really want to whack completely out of the ketosis state. If I can come back with a small loss or even my loss, by that date, maintained, I will feel successful. My current order is for the week after my return. Thanks for your help :) . Jade
Jade
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 3rd, 2004, 10:51 am

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for ordering with us, but i'm going to have to scold you a little here...:)

ALWAYS call us before you order. We do have promo codes available that we could have provided for you. If you want to call Terry at the 800 number above, tell him your circumstances and he should be able to work out something for you. If he can't get it applied to this order, he can get you a credit for your next order. Let him know i told you to call.

As long as you're not on the full fast now, you'll be fine. If you were on the full now, you might want to go modified for a few days before your vacation so that your stomach adapts to food again. We'd hate to see your whole vacation spent in a tiny room.... :shock:

As for what to do on your holiday. Try to get all three of your shakes in before lunchtime. Be sensible with your regular meals (lean/green), try to stay away from those naughty foods, and have a shake in the evening. Remember, long as your getting regular, continuous, healthy meals throughout the day, your body will be satisfied and not store your food as fat. One thing NOT to do is eat only 2-3 large meals for the day. This tells the body during those long stretches of not eating that it better start storing fat.

So regular intervals....portion control and slurp your water and you'll be fine. You shouldn't gain a pound and if you're lucky you'll come home lighter than when you left.

Nancy's REALLY tied up right now, but may also be able to address this for you before you leave.

Have a great vacation...:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » February 21st, 2004, 8:51 pm

Well, Unca gave you excellent advice. You ought to be back by now - how did it go?

Did you make better food choices? Did you do any exercise or stay up extra late? Sometimes vacations can get our schedules upset a bit - we tend to get less sleep and rest and not drink enough water. I always have afew days of catching up to do when we get home from a trip. I seem to not drink enough because of the flight time - too difficult to crawl out of an airline seat and wait in line to use the sandbox...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Order Info