I just placed my order!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I just placed my order!

Postby Anna » October 1st, 2004, 12:48 pm

Well, I'm Anna, and I placed my MF order yesterday. I'll start as soon as it gets here (Tuesday? Wednesday?). I've been reading a lot of the posts in here. In fact, this forum is part of the reason I finally took the plunge to start MF. I saw all the support and encouragement here, and that was just what I needed to push me over the final hump.

One question: Any thoughts on how to prepare to start the program? I have a few days now, and I don't know how to eat right now. I thought about starting to shift from normal meals to more Lean&Green style meals, just to start orienting my body toward that.

I'm currently at 240 (5'7"), and my goal is somewhere around 135-145. But, honestly, at this point, any weight lost will be a success. In the past two years, I lost 40 pounds and regained 70. I've been trying since January to be really diligent about eating right, and exercising, and the scale didn't budge AT ALL! I got so so so discouraged, and then a friend (whom I really respect) told me she was on the MF plan, and she lost 10 pounds in two weeks. I found this site through Google (yay Google!), and here I am!

I'm really motivated, and really excited and encouraged by all the success stories I've read here. Thanks for posting, everyone!

--Anna
Anna
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » October 1st, 2004, 12:59 pm

Hi Anna, and welcome! I truly love this forum, and find everyone to be really inspiring! You will just love it here!

I know people get all antsy when they place their orders and want to start making changes while they wait for it to come in, and switching to lean and green meals is helpful--makes the transition to Medifast all the more easier. Others go out and BINGE in the three days before the order comes and then suffer when they start the plan! LOL

Several people mentioned that they have gone low-carb for several days before beginning the Medifast plan. It's a matter of preference I suppose!

Best of luck to you on your plan--I can PROMISE you that if you are compliant, drink your water, take ALLof your supplements, and don't overdo it on the allowed veggies and extras, you WILL lose weight and feel WONDERFUL!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby explorthis » October 1st, 2004, 1:16 pm

Any thoughts on how to prepare to start the program

Hi Anna!! Where are you in So. Cal.? Not too many of us West Coasters here… Glad you joined us.

Prepare? Have kids and family? Gonna be tough. You have to go into this with a NEW vision, none you have ever had. It is not impossible, and once you’re in the swing, after about 3-4-5 days, it is a lot easier. The first few days will be a difficult road to travel, but not impossible (look at my stats) We ALL know exactly what you’re facing.

Advice to you, start ASAP. Once you commit to your first shake, COMMIT-PERIOD. No going back. You cannot deviate; you cannot allow yourself any cheats. Read the posts, you will find that those that went off for a period of time (and I am not saying anything bad about this) have a next to impossible time getting back in full swing. It’s easier to stick with it.

The hunger will pass; you WILL get accustomed to the shakes, and when to take them. We will teach you, help you and create a new way of thinking for you.

It helps (please trust me on this one) to post regularly. Hold nothing back. No one here judges (well sometimes we do) because we are all here for the same reasons, to support, and learn to rid ourselves of the bad habits.

Stick with us. Ask questions, read the FAQ section, it will answer many of your queries.

What city are you in?

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 1st, 2004, 1:53 pm

Hi Anna! :wave:

Yup, you've found the right place for encouragement! Good decision to go with MF too! Get ready to lose weight girl!

This is not the best advice, but before I started, I ate all the terrible stuff I knew I would miss and couldn't eat while on MF for the several months it would take me to reach my goal. As a matter of fact, I should probably not eat those foods hardly ever again once I do reach my goal! :uhuh:

It sort of got me over the cravings for chocolate, fried chicken, ribs, etc. etc. etc., and I've not wanted those things one day since I've been on MF (starting month 5 today).

Hope to see you here often!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby susan » October 1st, 2004, 7:08 pm

welcome anna,
you will find all the support you need here there is a great bunch of people here. susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fedup » October 4th, 2004, 10:48 am

Hi! I just started last week, 1 week ago to be exact! It was tough, but it is "do-able." You just have to decide that enough is enough, and commit yourself. (And it sounds like you did just that!) I also kinda "splurged" on my favorite things before starting, and I also tell myself now that when I have cravings, that those foods will still be there when I'm done. I'll just have to be smarter about how I incorporate them in my life. (Pizza sometimes, sure... everynight? no way) Splurging before starting may have helped me get my mindset right, but who knows? It's definitely a matter of personal preference. I do know that when people say to not splurge or "cheat" once you've begun, because it's so hard to start back up, that they've got to be right. I almost gave in on Saturday, cause all the food seemed to be throwing itself at me, but I know myself and I know if I allow myself to do that now it'll be twice as hard to start again.
-- Just follow what seems best for you, and once you start, don't look back! My little input from a new girl.
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Anna » October 5th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Thanks for your responses! Sorry I didn't reply sooner--I have only sporadic internet access on the weekends.

My order arrived today, so I'm starting tonight. No, I don't have kids or a family. I think that will make things easier. I only have to adjust things for me, and I don't have to think about others right now. I guess there are some benefits to being selfish at times!

I live in La Mirada, a suburb of LA, close to the Orange County border. I'm out here for grad school. Real-home is in the Chicago suburbs. I think that will be the biggest challenge for me: going home to my family. When I'm home, I stay with my parents, and I can't fathom how I'm going to explain to them what I'm doing and justify only shakes and a salad to them. I'm going home for a week in November, and I'll definitely have to figure out something to tell them. Hopefully, by then, I'll have lost some pounds, so the justification for the system will be its effectiveness. :)

Part of my preparation this weekend was to purge my kitchen. I gave away all my carbs and junkfood, and stocked up on diet sodas, salad, and celery. I need to go read the Lean Cuisine section to find out what combinations of shakes and sodas work for people.

I can't wait to get started. I feel I have hope for the first time in a LONG time.

--Anna
<><
Start: 10/6/04
240/230/140
Woohoo!
Anna
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » October 7th, 2004, 6:47 pm

Hi there, Anna ~

It sound to me as if you have done a good job to prepare yourself for succeess. Cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and the pantry will help since the cupboards will be bare when you get the urge during the first week. You'll do fine, we're sure!

When you get to your parents' for the holidays, they will be amazed! You can always tell them that you are used to eating at a different time since you are westcoast and they are midwest.

Get ready to become a BIG loser! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Anna » October 8th, 2004, 9:33 am

Well, it's been 36 hours on MF, and so far, so good. :) I'm having fun exploring all the flavors of shakes and soups. I thought it would be hard to get in all the water, but I find that I'm constantly thirsty. Yesterday my goal was just to get the minimum 64 oz, but I ended up around 128 or so! Crazy!

This morning, I had a shake around 7:45, and I've already had another 32 oz of water, and I'm still thirsty. Is this common?

--anna
<><
Start: 10/6/04
240/230/140
Woohoo!
Anna
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » October 8th, 2004, 9:43 am

Hey Anna, from La Mirada, close to LA, bordering the OC, Mike here from the IE!!

Interestingly enough your post is different than most that I read. Most are “I can’t get in the required fluid” I would take your thirst and run with it. I am of the adage (within reason) you can not ever get in enough fluid. I am easily a gallon a day guy. After my walks in the evening, I consume 66 ounces of water alone! Drink to your hearts content. Also remember, water is the most important, but drink anything you want as long as the content panel, with exception to sodium is 000000000 across the board. Crystal Light, Tang, diet soda, flavored waters, coffee etc.

Glad you’re with us. Keep us posted + or – everything counts here towards support. Let us know when you hit that first 10# so we can move you up to the 10 pound lost club, then on up after that!!!

Mike
explorthis

Postby Sylvia » October 8th, 2004, 10:02 am

Actually, there is probably a physiological reason that you are feeling thirsty. Being on this type of program is mildly dehydrating which is why getting the minimum required water in is so essential. If you are feeling thirsty, your body probably needs the water so keep on drinking!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » October 8th, 2004, 11:21 am

I usually drink TONS of water also... there's not such a thing is "TOO much" though is there? I was wondering about that. Like could overdueing the water cause any fluid retention or inbalances of all the good MF nutrients?

Postby explorthis » October 8th, 2004, 11:43 am

Doubt anyone drink’s “too much”...

64oz min is the rule “MINIMUM” I drink a gallon a day. I mean, when was the last time you read front page news, that someone “over drank” their allotment of water?… Beer however… Naa, let’s not go there… It’s not hard, once you are in the “Medi-swing” to get to know your body. Mine tells me when I need more, but never tells me I have had enough.

-Mike
explorthis

Postby Nancy » October 9th, 2004, 4:21 pm

You are off to a great strat!

Those who drink a lot of water are our best losers!

Water is essential. Even when you reach goal, water is needed. Those who live in hot climes, need even more.

:water:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.