Just ordered some samples........this is long.......

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2004, 6:32 am

~ cmc ~

We are so proud of ya, Girl! See, even the window folks at Mickey Dee's notice how you are melting away - one salad at a time!

Do they still try to get you to order fries, shakes, etc. with your salad or do they have it down now that you accept ONLY what you order and that's the end of that tune?!

Keep on goin' for your goal, Missy. We are excited for you and so glad that you chose to get healthy!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

It is on the way

Postby Kim » September 21st, 2004, 11:52 am

I got an email that my order shipped today. I paid for 2 day air to get the samples here quickly so am looking forward to them being here tomorrow when I get home from work. I'll let you all know how it goes! :roll:
Kim

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2004, 2:29 pm

It will be so fun for you to unwap the package of Medimiracles! Be SURE to read the Quick Start booklet, Kim!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

HI!

Postby Kim » September 22nd, 2004, 8:00 pm

Hi everyone!

We got our samples today and did a taste testing. My husband likes the French Vanilla and THAT's IT. He didn't try the bars or soups that I got yet, as he had pizza for dinner at his school and wasn't hungry.

I like the dutch chocolate and the RTD chocolate. The RTD tastes just like Slimfast to me...I did notice a "tinny" flavor w/the dutch chocolate packet mix. Is that normal? Does it go away with time or is there a trick? I am a big chocolate fan but wasn't thrilled with the choc or mint choc bar. I like the oatmeal and the pb is ok. Haven't tried the soups yet either.

So...we talked about it and committed to doing this. I just placed our order and we'll plan to start on this weekend or next. We are going to both take the following Monday off - and hope that the worst of it will be over in 3 days. I'll keep you all posted. I noticed that people use the forums as a sounding/accountability board. I think that is a great idea and plan to do the same.

Have a good rest of the week! :lol:
Kim

Postby explorthis » September 23rd, 2004, 6:16 am

I did notice a "tinny" flavor w/the dutch chocolate packet mix. Is that normal?

Since we are allowed honesty on this forum, the Dutch in the packets is/was my all time favorite, and the only one I ordered, once I was in full swing. A year + later, it’s still the only flavor in my arsenal. The Swiss mocha though..... <GAK> I would rather grind up chalk and mix it with water than have to consume one of these. (honesty here)

Learn to be patient with the shakes; it takes a while to get them tuned. Remember, you can add soda, flavored waters, coffee, even pickle juice (if your Camille and having pickle juice withdrawals) if you are so inclined, as long as it's all 0-0-0-0-0 in calories etc across the board.

A trick I learned early in the beginning, make sure your water is just a skosh less than frozen; I mean ICE cold, water first in the shaker cup, then add the powder and shake W-E-L-L. Then if time permits, allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes, to thicken up. It will actually thicken to almost milk shake consistency, then chug it down.

They are all pallet able, each person will have a fav., and a <GAK> You will find as time progresses, they are pretty good.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Carrie » September 23rd, 2004, 6:32 am

Hi,
I too, definitely have preferences for certain products. I can't stand the vanilla shakes (which others really love), and I use pretty much only the chocolate - in packet and in RTD. Try really shaking the shake - for 1 1/2-2 minutes, and Mike's right temperature is important, the colder the better.

At first I really liked the Chocolate and peanut butter bars, but now I can't stand the chocolate - I don't know what changed - The caramel, choc mint, lemon, oatmeal, and granola bars are all good in my opinion. Plus - don't forget that they're going to taste different after a few days on the plan. I tell you now that when I eat a bar - it's like a major TREAT - where before I probably would have thought it was just another blechy diet bar.

Make sure you look up soup recipes in the lean cuisine section - for me the 'doctoring' makes the difference between a mediocre to bad soup and one that I REALLY enjoy eating.

Hope this helps,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2004, 9:56 am

Kim,

There are MANY postings on the MakeMeThinner Forum about how to enhance flavors of the shakes and tips for different ways to mix them. Just do a search - use the little 'Search' button at the top of the Forum page.

Mike agrees with me: back away from the Swiss Mocha.... :puke:

Have you read any of my Newsletters? My very first issue - August 2003 has some shake mixing stories! Here's the link
http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter/medifast-august-03-newsletter.htm

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 23rd, 2004, 10:46 am

Hiya Kim!

4 words for you: DaVinci Gourmet Sugarless Syrups :guzzle:

A little dash'll do ya,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sudaoning » September 23rd, 2004, 11:47 am

In addition to the syrups you might try some plain old extracts for flavor. I've found orange, coconut, banana, butter, butter n nut, black walnut.........you get the picture. May take a little searching. I've found them to be not as readily available as they once were, but they can be found online if not locally. I ass to pudding, shakes, oatmeal.
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Kim

Postby Kim » September 26th, 2004, 11:22 pm

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will definately try them out!
Kim

Previous

Return to Come on in.