Just ordered

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just ordered

Postby dfinecey » February 13th, 2006, 7:49 am

When my 9-year-old son came home from the school he said that he got into a "fight." He did not want to tell me why but finally he told me that he hit a boy because the boy called him mom FAT!!! How sad is that. :cry:

I am determined to do it this time, but would like a few suggestions....

I work at home and go to nursing school full time.

How do I manage my days at school?

Example

Tuesdays:
Wake up 3:30 a.m. - work until 6:30 a.m. at home
Take son to school.
At school myself until 4:00 p.m. - (in a classroom setting)

THURSDAYS:
Wake up 3:30 a.m. - work until 5:30 a.m.
At hospital at 6:30 a.m. -
Home at 4:00 p.m. (VERY BUSY DAY - RUNNING AROUND TAKING CARE OF PATIENTS)

The other days are similar except I stay at home and work - still getting up at 3:30 to 4:00 a.m.

Can someone help me with how I should space out my meals. Also, can I PLEASE, PLEASE have coffee. I am doing the 5/1 program.

I have not received my order yet, just ordered before I found this web site.

Struggling student.
dfinecey
First Post

Postby Jan » February 13th, 2006, 8:15 am

First of all, yes you can have coffee. :D In fact, cold coffee mixed with the chocolate or vanilla shake is pretty good. Please mix it cold though unless you like lumps.
Be sure and eat every three hours. Shakes are easy. In fact, my daughter who is a pre-med student -- lots and lots of labs -- uses the Ready to Drinks. All you have to do is pop in a straw and sip. She just heads right out in the hall. You can make two regular shakes at a time in a thermos and just drink 1/2 each time. That is pretty convenient too. The main thing is to try and plan plan plan At that one least convernient time during the day -- as long as it isn't first thing in the morning or last thing at night --just have a bar. They are great too. Don't worry -- you'll get it figured all out and soon will be parting with those pesky pounds.
:D jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » February 13th, 2006, 8:17 am

dfinecey

Welcome to Medifast! :wave: Yes that is a very sad story about your son :( but the good news is that you are now doing the right thing to change your life and be a new and healthier you for yourself and your family. :mrgreen: You need to have your first supplement within an hour of waking and then space your meals 2 1/2 to 3hrs apart. Just do the best you can and check out the Lean cuisine thread for some ideas like oatmeal cookies and such cause you can always take those with you to school a popthem in during a break. It will take some inovated thinking but I know you can do it!!

Keep us posted whenever you can

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby cydj21 » February 13th, 2006, 10:39 am

Welcome, dfinecey! :D

I am also a full time student, and as Jan has said, there are ways to do it if you plan in advance. I usually take a few minutes each evening to plan out the next day, and then in morning pack a little bag with shake packets, my shaker, straws, bars, and whatever else I might need. Somedays I bring soup and bring along a little Tupper Ware container so I can microwave it. A good idea for shakes is to fill the shaker jar with ice in the morning and by the time you get to it you'll have nice cold water and a bit of ice left. I also bring a couple of water bottles and some Crystal Light To Go packets. So far this system has worked pretty well. In four weeks I've lost 22.5 pounds and haven't had one single cheat so I figure I'll keep on keeping on this way....and when everyone else goes to grab lunch at the dining hall or fast food place, I mix a shake and get a jump start on homework.

Take some time and figure out your own system. I swear to you that you will find a way to make it work and you will have wonderful success!

:goodluck:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby heavnlykaramel » February 13th, 2006, 11:02 am

Hi welcome,

I just wanted to say that I am also a full time student. In the morning I usually make a shake in put in a thermos that way I can sip it while in class.(I dont know if you are allowed to do this :?: ). Then at break I have a bar or another shake.Or like cydj21 suggested you can bring some soup in Tupperware. Hope that helped. Good luck!!!
PS. It still surprises me how kids can be so mean :cry:
If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right.
- Mary Kay Ash

Started 1/22/06
204/191/145

heavnlykaramel
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Lizabette » February 13th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Hi Dfinecey,

I am a firm believer that "all things work together for good"..., so that unfortunate remark made to your son can be a 'blessing in disguise'! Accept it like that and you are on the path to success.

One thing that might help is to use your Daily Success Tracker to keep track of the time of your meals and water. You'll see it will all soon fall into place.

Your son already loves you very much, but one day he will be extra proud of his new 'slim' mom.

Good shaking, dfinecey!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.