Just Ordered

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just Ordered

Postby ShawnaLanne » October 7th, 2007, 8:43 pm

I just ordered a months worth of Medifast food. How difficult is it at the very beginning? Are you always hungry? What's up with the Lean and Green thing? On the official website it puts it up there as if that is how it should be but here people are talking about just drinking the Medifast food.
ShawnaLanne

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 7th, 2007, 9:01 pm

Welcome!! You'll LOVE the program!! I'm on day 4 (just completed day 4) and I really haven't been hungry!! I'm sure its different for everyone and I heard the first three days are the worst but I feel great!!!!

You really should do the L&G instead of the 6 MF meals...here's some of the reasons I heard when i asked the question:

1. The 6 MF meals should be consumed only if your doc is watching over your program.

2. People find that they lose better when doing the 5&1

3. People, myself included, really enjoy the 'real meal'. I've heard from others that it satisfies their need to chew.

Oh, and there are lots of things you can do if you get hungry :-). just read your Getting Startd Guide and the boards here and ask away when you have questions!

Best of luck to you!!!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Thank you!

Postby ShawnaLanne » October 7th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Out*With*The*Old, thank you so much! I'm so excited. I can't wait to start and I know everyone is different. I would think having one meal a day would be good too, but I wanted to ask.

Good luck!
ShawnaLanne

Postby Mike » October 7th, 2007, 10:00 pm

Hi there. First off, let me just welcome you to the forum. Please make sure you register so you can utilize the other area of the forum. ;)

Now, the way that the program is designed now is as the 5&1, using 5 medifast meal replacements and the 1 Lean and Green meal. Some people still follow the full fast, but these people are closely monitored (moreso than others) by their doctors.
As you will find, there are a variety of products. Some are shakes, hot drinks, and fruity type drinks... which is probably where you see people talking about drinking. There are also soups, oatmeals, puddings, scrambled eggs, etc that are eaten (although some still drink the pudding, oatmeal, and creamy soups ;) )

Congrats and welcome once again.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Charity » October 8th, 2007, 1:33 am

:D Welcome!!! :D

When I first started the program, I needed that Lean and Green oh so much. Just to get through the day I would say, "Girl, calm down, just wait until 5 and you can have your juicy steak" I made sure my lean and green was something I loved and not say, a boiled chicken breast with no skin. I love :heart: love :heart: love this program and one of the things I love about this program is how much lean and green you can eat. Measure you meat before you eat it- :bib: -it's pleanty to get you nice and full. I never finished my L&G and said, "Boo hoo, I'm still hungry".

I totally suggest getting the book "success in a shaker jar" I just read it and I wish I had it when I started.

Good Luck!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 8th, 2007, 6:53 am

Hi and WELCOME. Please be sure to register so you can get the full benefit of this magnificent group of encouragers.

I soooo needed the lean and green and still do. My first few days were a little hard. Went through some sugar withdraw and should not have stopped my Diet Coke addiction. Just a headache and a little light headed the first day and feel the hungeries every once in a while since, but nothing I can't deal with.

Be sure to visit the lean cuisine section for ideas on doctoring up any product you may not like. There is a way to make just about anything tolerable. I actually enjoy most of the products.

Keeping a journal helps me too. Esp if you keep it here with MMT. The remarks I get from others give me the motivation to make it through another day. I have stayed OP for 17 days now and feel great. So much energy! Losing the 20 pounds since MF has been a wonderful feeling. I thank God on a daily basis that He sent me something that I can do for myself that will change me in a good way to be able to be more productive.

Congratulations on your healthy choice to start MF and enjoy the journey that it is.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.