just found this forum

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

just found this forum

Postby preztiesmom » April 7th, 2005, 1:04 pm

Hello. I started medifast one month ago and I just found this site. It is wonderful to be able to read such great success stories and to know I am not alone. I also enjoy getting new ideas for making the meals more tasty! I have lost 20 pds so far and am feeling great! 105 pds to go. I have 2 little boys that I need to keep up with. I am an older mom and I need to be around to see them grow up. My weight, as it has been, will keep me from doing that. So I have to do something now. I am enjoying the meals and the fast weight loss. I know I can do this!! Thanks for all your advice and support. Twyla
preztiesmom
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 7th, 2005, 1:22 pm

Twyla....I'm so glad you found us & CONGRATULATIONS on your awesome weight loss!!!!!!.... :yay: ...just think this time next year you will be a new skinny woman!!! .....weigh to go.... :thumbup:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby armeewyf » April 7th, 2005, 1:41 pm

I just started yesterday (this is my 2nd time-did it YEARS ago when it was shakes only, which worked but was too hard!)...Congrats on your weight loss. So far the past 2 days have not been so difficult. I am doing this too to keep up with my 2 year old and to be here to watch her grow up. I am also a late in life mommy....like you I am SO glad I found this forum. I think it will really make the difference. People on here are so kind and willing to share tips and encouragement. Good luck to you!
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 7th, 2005, 1:57 pm

Twyla-
Great job! 20 pounds is awesome.

Angelia :D
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 7th, 2005, 6:27 pm

HI there Twyla - welcome to the forum and congrats on the loss! You'll be tiring those boys out before long!

I have to laugh though, at how my mind still wants to turn everything into food ... I saw your name preztiesmom and IMMEDIATELY thought PRETZELS ....

:x

Geez - I guess it never ends! Ha!

Oh and a special "sorry" for mentioning the Pretzel word ... I think it's Christi that is having a hankering for them right now if I'm not mistaken. :cry:
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2005, 5:30 pm

re:
I have to laugh though, at how my mind still wants to turn everything into food ... I saw your name preztiesmom and IMMEDIATELY thought PRETZELS ....

Pretzels – yeah, well, for true foodies…it never goes completely away.

I laughed when I read your post, Scrabbler because I read Twyla’s name that same way, too – it made me think of a very fattening Jell-O salad that I make with a crushed pretzel, sugar and butter crust… :chef:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 8th, 2005, 5:46 pm

mmm - Nancy that sounds like it was a FABULOUS pre-MF treat. Of course, it wouldn't taste as good as thin feels, now would it?

So happy to have you back -- you have been missed while you were away. I hope that you are now revitalized and revigorated after your little get away with your man!

btw - Unca took good care of us while you were out and about!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2005, 6:14 pm

:lol: Thanks, Scrabbler.

Yup, Unca takes great care of everyone for us - that's why I could go away for a few days.

re: Strawberry Pretzel salad/dessert...I tried to come up with a Legal way to prepare it - to no avail! I just make it when I can take it out of the house and leave the left-overs with those who are perpetually skinny...no unwholesome and fattening thing may live in our refrigerator...it tries to leap onto my loins when I pass by!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.