JLaman79

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby jlaman79 » January 24th, 2007, 11:12 am

Well, the school just called me and it seems my daughter is sick as well. My mom is keeping the baby and going to pick her up so I don't have to take another day off from work. I'm mentally fighting off germs at every turn, I will not get sick!

I forgot to add my meal schedule for today.

7:00 scrambled eggs
9:30 cocoa in my coffee
12:30 choc. shake
3:30 cappacino
6:00 L and G (tuna on lettuce and broccoli)
7:30 shake

I haven't had enough water in the past two days, so I'm really trying to get it in.

Hubby and I are doing really well. I have begun to get close with a casual friend and it's nice to have another real live person to talk to. She and I have much in common. Our hubbies like each other and we've all begun to hang out together. She has been giving me great advice on marriage (they for 15 and we for 3) and I'm helping her get started with her weight loss plan.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » January 24th, 2007, 11:41 am

I am glad you are making friends!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby jlaman79 » January 24th, 2007, 12:50 pm

Thanks Biki, you know this is the first " healthy mutual" friendship I've had in years. I have committed to no more toxic relationships.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby bikipatra » January 24th, 2007, 12:51 pm

jlaman79 wrote:Thanks Biki, you know this is the first " healthy mutual" friendship I've had in years. I have committed to no more toxic relationships.

Good for you!!!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 24th, 2007, 3:43 pm

Sorry about the sickies around you!

I recently made a new friend too, isn't it nice? I haven't made any new female adult friends since college.
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 24th, 2007, 3:49 pm

Congrats on the new friendship. I believe wholeheartily that surrounding yourself with people who arent toxic and negative is the best thing anyone can do.

Drink up that water...and keep up the good work! You are doing great! :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby jlaman79 » January 25th, 2007, 9:03 am

Hi Dede and Taangrl!
It's so weird to be making friends as an adult. The friends I've had up to now were carry overs from high school. People I've known forever and we've just gone seperate ways with our lives. We don't fit each other anymore. I finally let it go, there's no point in working so hard on those messed up relationships when the foundations are gone. So, moving on from that is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

As an adult to find someone who I enjoy spending time with and have things in common with, to see they feel the same and to see our families get along so well, it's very very nice. Friends because we choose to be.

Anyway, I was going to weigh in this morning just cause I wanted to, but I forgot. ??? I geuss I've broken the scale facination.

Here's the menu for today:
8:00 cocoa
11:00 banana shake
1:00 oatmeal
4:00 vanilla shake
6:30 L and G
8:00 bar

I drank at least 64 ounces of water yesterday, but honestly it didn't feel like enough. I'm pushing the water again today. I feel dehydrated.

Kids are getting better. Hubby broke a tooth. Ain't that the way life goes?
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby bikipatra » January 25th, 2007, 10:18 am

Congrats on not being a SCALE JUNKIE! I wake up repeatedly during the night and almost everytime I do, I weigh myself before trying to go back to sleep! It is a sickness.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby jlaman79 » January 26th, 2007, 8:45 am

Hey Biki! Out of curiosity last night I weighed after supper just to prove to myself that I could handle it. 235. I got up to tinkle at 2:00 and thought of you and weighed again 233. Then I got up at 6:30 this morning and weighed again 232. That's interesting.

I'm going to drink alot of water today and I think I'm going to see a move on the scale. I feel thin today and that's usually an indication of an upcoming loss on the scale. My face looks much thinner to me. I've been noticing it quite often in the past few days. Also some of my shirts are fitting very loosely.

Richard Simmons is coming to Jackon, TN next month to kick off this Lose to Win weight loss competition. The YMCA and the Aquatherapy place are donating free memberships for the two month duration of the contest. Me and my friend are going to sign up. I think some of the ladies from the Jackson office will be signing up too. I'm trying to get my mom to do it as well. I may even mention it to my brother who is on a weight loss journey also.

Anyway, I feel really strong today. I was walking earlier and it felt like my feet were trying to run away with me. You know how you think a cup is full and you start to pick it up but it's really empty and you almost fling it across the room? That's how my legs and arms feel today. Weird.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby bikipatra » January 26th, 2007, 8:47 am

Good going on the weight experiment! It can get addictive. It was too cold for me to take my Starbucks run-I exercised at home. 7 degrees with the windchill.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby jlaman79 » January 29th, 2007, 8:13 am

That is very cold Biki! It's a frigid 21 degrees here in West TN this morning.

I've been complaining alot about my slow loss and I've noticed that it's when I've been stuck in the same clothes size for a while that I start to get anxious. I've been completely frustrated with my size 18 pants. I have some 18 that are loose, some that are snug and 1 darn pair of jeans that my hubby bought me for Christmas that I still can't wear! So instead of just being mad about it, I tried to reason it out.

The jeans he bought me are low rise and slim cut. That's why they still don't fit! So, to make me feel better I found my favorite fit of Lee Rider's (Relaxed fit with a bit of stretch) in a size 16. They fit like a glove! YEAH!!!

I really took a long look at myself last night and I'm shocked at just how much my body has changed. As an always been fat person, it's amazing to me to see that I have a body under all the fluff. A real body, with muscles and curves. My stomach has gotten very flat, in fact it would be almost completely flat if not for the 3 inch roll of skin that has gathered at my waist band. I know TMI, right? Well, I'm just trying to think it out so that I can get a grip on it.

I was walking to my mom's house with my 19 month old on my hip. I couldn't keep a grip on him. He just kept sliding down, he was holding me like a monkey on a tree and I was struggling to keep him up. I coulnd't figure out why we were having such a hard time......my baby hip is gone! You know that little seat that God made for mom's to ride their babies on? It's completely gone.

My jaw line has begun to emerge and I'm facisnated by my face in the mirror. I have begun to moisturize my entire body like a marine on a mission. I have to get my skin to cooperate with me. The last time I could wear a size 16 jean i was almost 12 pounds lighter than I am now. I'm convinced that it's because of stretched out skin and boobs. I pray that the girls will get smaller in time. My upper body is completely dominated by them.

I even noticed while taking a bubble bath last night, how much bigger the tub feels. I no longer take up the whole width of the tub!

After all that motivating success and with such high spirits, I started off this morning wrong. In a hurry and grabbed something fast to get out the door, back on track now though and I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I did it and now it's over. I also left my shaker jar at home, so it's going to be soups and oatmeals today. I'll get myself organized when I get home and go to bed earlier so that I'm not in such a rush tomorrow.

I had a great weekend, but unfortunately we were so busy I didn't get the house organized like I usually do on the weekend. A friend of my hubby's that we haven't seen in almost two years came by and it was good to catch up with him. I went to see another friend and his Christian band play Friday night, and he made a big deal about how much weight I've lost. Nice. I think he's the last person in the world that I would have expected to say anything about it.

I did not drink hardly any water this weekend.
I've noticed a pattern in the past week or two with my water consumption going down. I'm going to watch the clock and my water ounces today and get back on track. TOM is looming, so I'm ready for the crash that comes with it. It seems everytime I get over a plateau it's TOM again and I'm stalled out all over again. I'm gong to pay more attention to my own moods and life in general. I feel like I've just been floating through life the past few months waiting for time to pass. I've been missing so much.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby jlaman79 » January 29th, 2007, 11:02 am

Ok here's today's meal plan:
8:00 bad breakfast
11:00 scrambled eggs
1:00 cream of broccoli
4:00 blueberry oatmeal
6:00 salad
8:00 shake

It's noon and so far I've had 17 ounces of water. That's 1 bottle
So, I need to have at least 3 more before I leave work today.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby Taangrl21 » January 30th, 2007, 9:05 am

You have had a couple of really good NSV's...keep up with that water...stay focused and you will fit into those low rise slim cuts in NO time...keep on keeping on Jlaman...thats all we can do. :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby jlaman79 » January 30th, 2007, 9:37 am

Ontrack so far with my water consumption. 32 ounces down, working on the next set.

I am grumpy as heck today and I'm glad my boss is out of the office today. We don't get along on a good day much less when I'm out of sorts.

I probably knocked myself out of ketosis yesterday morning, so I expect to be a little moody, plus I feel those PMS hormones working on me too.

The hubby tried very hard to stay out of my way and not set off a verbal explosion. Bless him, I tried really hard to be nice, but I just wasn't feeling nice. I was feeling pretty mean. At least I was able to control it and i didn't pick a fight or say anything hurtful. That's progress for both of us.

It's so COLD here. It's 33 degrees right now and since I've started MF I'm always cold anyway and man I hate being COLD!!

33 probably doesn't sound that bad to some of you further North, but I live in West TN and I'm not used to this. My spring flowers have already come up and starting blooming. This cold snap is unwelcomed.

Here's my schedule for today:
8:00 scrambled eggs
11:00 cream of broccoli
1:30 scrambled eggs
4:30 bar
6:30 L and G
8:00 shake

I feel like growling at somebody.... :x
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby Serendipity » January 30th, 2007, 1:34 pm

This time of year, 33 degrees is sweater weather here!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal