Good for you! You made it! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby jlaman79 » February 12th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Hi All! I've had a great weekend. I finally got some rest and relaxation that I've been needing. I was compliant all weekend. I hung out with friends who were drinking and snacking and I had a great time without participating in either. I knew it was there if I wanted it, but I chose not to. I didn't really have a desire to.

I haven't been on the scale so, I'm trying to break that habit. I have ups and downs with the scale. Sometimes I'll forget to weigh in at all, other days I'm on it 2 or 3 times.

Work is very stressful but I'm trying to take care of myself and know that it will get better. This too shall pass, as they say.

8:00 RTD
10:30 hot cocoa
1:30 oatmeal
4:30 RTD
6:30 L and G
8:00 shake

Doing great on my water today, have really REALLY cut down on my diet cokes. Those seem to add up on me too, so I have to watch it.

I signed up for the gym. My friend and I are going tonight for the first time, so wish me luck.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » February 12th, 2007, 1:32 pm

Have a great time at the gym! What a golden opportunity to get even fitter and have fun!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Hi

Postby dede4wd » February 13th, 2007, 10:23 am

Have fun at the gym...don't overdo it the first night...I ALWAYS do that!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jlaman79 » February 13th, 2007, 10:41 am

Well, I survived. You guys would be so proud of me,.....I am.

The hubster went with me and I approached the eliptical machine with caution. 60 pounds ago it kicked my butt and left me ragged after only 2 minutes. My co-worker uses them and gave me some pointers.

So, off I went. I took it slowly and the legs started to BURN! My co-worker had told me to fight my way past 10 minutes and it would get easier. She was right. I had to stop every few minutes to let the burn die down, but right around the 10 minute mark the burn went away and I began to sweat profusely. I did a total of 17 minutes on the machine. Walking was very interesting when I got off of the machine. The floor seemed to keep rolling.

Then I did some weights with the hubster, who had joined me on the eliptical for about 5 minutes.

Then I got on this bicycle. It reminded me very much of the big wheels trikes we rode as kids. I sat very low to the floor with my feet elevated on the pedals and my knees going up to my chin. 6 minutes of that was all I could handle but it said i went 2 miles.

So, that was it. I feel a little tightness in my muscles and a little tenderness but I'm not sore. I look forward to doing it again. Maybe in the morning.

here's the menu:
7am RTD
10 am cocoa
1pm soup
4 pm bar
6:30 L and G
8:00 soup
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby bikipatra » February 13th, 2007, 11:57 am

Good for you! :)
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

WARNING TMI!!

Postby jlaman79 » February 15th, 2007, 9:07 am

Ok. I should have listened to Dede about the exercise.

I could hardly walk yesterday. My leg muscles were so tight and sore that I literally had trouble getting around. I wanted to cry. Today is better and I'm going back to the gym tonight and probably just walk it out slowly on the treadmill.

I haven't weighed in a couple of days.

I decided to eat off plan for my supper last night. I still contolled my portions and what I thought would be a nice change was just food.

It was so dissappointing to realize that it's off plan, it looked great, and yet when I began to have a bite or two, it was JUST food.
Then I thought to myself, this is no big deal, I could've have just as easily stayed on plan and enjoyed my meal even more. The lure of the potato has lost all hold on me now.

The forbidden fruit is not what it used to be. Thank GOD!

My clothes continue to get looser. My wardrobe is increasing as every day I find that I can wear another garment that has been patiently waiting in the confines of my closet. This is fun and interesting to make new outfits and sometimes it feels like a snake shedding skin. So many of my old things are packed away in the too big for me box.

TMI ahead.......

My stomach looks kind of gross right now. The stretch marks have collapsed and look like terrible scars or tissue that has been burned. When I put on my jeans, I have to tuck in my tummy skin so it doesn't hang over my waist line. EEEEEEEWWWWWW! It's not attractive.

I know it's part of the process and I know I have to give my poor body time to adjust but it's really hard to feel sexy when your tummy is flopping around.

Seeing what's happening there in my middle has caused me to really be concerned about what's going on with my inner thighs. Most of my weight I carry in around my abdomen, butt, and thighs. I am such a pear.
Well, as the thighs are slimming down, they're also getting sort of weird looking. I think I coud literally just roll them up and tuck them away. Will I ever be able to wear shorts?

I geuss I've always thought that when I lost the weight I would be sexy and beautiful and prance around in bikinis and lingerie, and now I'm wondering if I'll ever be ready for that. It's dissappointing to think that after all this hard work and the time and energy and struggle to change everything about my life, I may still never have the body I want.

I have to accept the fact that I have been obese for 10 years. I have had two children. I have been sedentary for at least the past 3 years and my body will never look like a swim suit model.

But, I will be healthy. I will not be over weight anymore. I will look good in my clothes. I will be able to enjoy the active life I've always longed for. I will be able to play sports again, go hiking again, and enjoy my life more. I just feel sorry for this poor body and what I've done to it. I geuss I'll always have to live with the scars of my past.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby bikipatra » February 15th, 2007, 9:23 am

I would recommend taking a day or so break between exercise sessions since you are just starting and the first one took such a toll. Don't abuse yourself and give your body time to heal.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby jlaman79 » February 16th, 2007, 7:41 am

Yesterday I got really upset with my boss. Just so you know she's a major bitch and a snob. She is from Indiana, she hates the South, she thinks southerners are slow and stupid, and she's scared of black people because there were none in her home town. (mostly direct qoutes, the bitch part is from me) So, why would she move to rural west Tennessee? I don't know either. She makes fun of my accent, she's constantly making all these stereotypical comments about groups of people. So, since I'm a proud rebel girl, my hubby works on a farm, my best friend is black, and I don't have a degree...........I don't think we'll ever be friends.

So, we don't like each other. She can't stand it here and wants to go back North. I say, GO!

Anyway instead of drowning my sorrows in fried foods or booze (oh, I was planning a major drunk) I went straight to the gym from work and did 15 minutes on the treadmill and some upper body weights. I felt better and didn't even think anymore about getting some liqour.

This morning I was at the gym with my friend at 7. I did 10 minutes on the tread and more upper body weights. I feel great! I made my coffee, but I haven't even touched it yet. I'm really amazed that I could feel such a difference after only 3 workouts! I feel really good. I've been sleeping at night too!

TMI------WARNING-----

I've discovered another added benefit to exercise. I'll just say it. Last night I rocked my hubby's world. He didn't know what to think. It's amazing how much different sex can be when you're not thinking how tired, fat, and out of breath you are. How in the world have I been missing this all of this time???????

OK, you can keep reading now..

My posture seems to have improved over night. Yesterday I had my music on and literally danced in my chair while I worked. Thank goodness the hell bitch is gone til Monday. Sorry, I know I ramble on and change the subject mid sentence, but this is the brain I live with everyday so maybe you get a picture.

More later.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby Karli » February 16th, 2007, 8:53 am

ha ha, jlaman. You are funny :). Well, you did great yesterday !! Thanks for sharing your decision process.

Cheers to you !
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » February 16th, 2007, 8:56 am

Good for you and don't let the bitch get you down!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby jlaman79 » February 16th, 2007, 2:08 pm

Heh, heh, heh.... I finally got one on the boss lady. She was forced to reverse her decision and allow me to attend the training I need. She wanted to go herself and keep me at the office when it has nothing to do with her job. Anyway, I won this one.

Today's been a good day. I'm going to hit the gym on the way home and try the elliptical machine again. This time I'm going to pay attention to how long I've been on it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, I have alot going on with at least 1 meal in a restaurant so, I'm planning ahead of time. I'm told this place has great salads and salmon.

I will weigh on Sunday morning and report in on Monday.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby bikipatra » February 16th, 2007, 2:30 pm

Be careful on the elliptical! See ya Monday!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Sojourner » February 16th, 2007, 4:10 pm

jlaman79 wrote:I've discovered another added benefit to exercise.

Why do you think I was a jock all those years? Well, it wernt for m'health, sweetie!

I'm glad that you won the latest battle with your boss! She done let 'er alligator mouth overload 'er hummingbird hinny, tryin' to take yer place in that training - but you won, so that orta learn 'er!
:lol:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby jlaman79 » February 21st, 2007, 2:17 pm

Sojourner- You crack me up!

Well, I was fine all weekend. All meals conducted nearly perfectly. Lot's of company and excitement as we are NASCAR people and the season just started.

I have a lot going on with work for the next month. So my participation on the boards may be sporatic.

I'm really beginning to feel my body responding to the exercise. This is the best thing I have ever done. I've never enjoyed it before, so this is a whole new experience.

Heading back to the gym this afternoon and also in the morning for a quickie.

I think I may soon be ready for a size 14 jean. My 16 are actually beginning to loosen up already! Didn't I just buy these jeans??
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal