JeepGirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby JeepGirl » July 20th, 2006, 8:49 am

Ok I have been feeling *ack* the past few days! I have been stressed about some issues and havent been totally compliant to be honest. That has made me feel even worse.

**woman issue ahead**
I had a hysterectomy this past Dec and the Dr warned me that my "drive" could possibly change. Well as much as try to deny it..she was right.
I do NOT want to be put on hormones for a few reasons.. 1--I will be 33 in August and my brain is of the thinking that hormones are for older women.(Please No one take offense to that. It is not meant in a mean way) 2--My Dr says I could possibly gain weight with them! hmmm that is the worse thought for me right now!!

We have always been active together and I feel so bad that this has happened. DH is so supportive and we both knew this was one of the possible side-effects to the surg. But not having the surg was not an option for me despite my age.

My Dr says it is up to me about the meds. She says if I can deal with it then I will be ok. I feel I am too young to be worrying with hormones and everything. It is making me feel like I am in puberty again!! I dont have the vicious mood swings as I once did but now I just feel down and little things totally unrelated make me upset which in return throws DH for a loop as I am normally a very upbeat & smiling person!!

Getting healthy is my #1 goal!! I am gonna do some more research about this to see what I can figure out. I do not want to gain anymore weight!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » July 20th, 2006, 9:39 am

Sorry about the rough time. I'm older than you, but went through menopause very young. I tried hormones briefly, but I've always had trouble with 'em so they completely messed me up. But maybe they'd help you because they're what you'd have in your body if you hadn't had surgery?

Hang in there. (And I'm glad hubby's understanding. But the hotter you get, the less he may understand. :lol: )
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » July 23rd, 2006, 12:20 pm

Ok I am over my issue for the time being. DH & I decided it is not a huge deal and we can work thru it. He assured me he will help in anyway possible*of this I have nooo doubt :oops: *

So anyway~~I am trudging along here. I am so tickled with the 12 inches that I have lost the past month. When you add in me finally making the 20lb mark, today ahs been an awesome day!

Went and done some back-to-school shopping earlier. School starts here in 2 weeks-Aug. 7th. The kids are actually excited about it much to my amazement lol. Emma will in 2nd and Eli in 4th. They are growing so very fast!!

DH has decided he wants to gain some muscle so he has started a high protein plan and is working out more. We are a funky family~~Here I am losing weight while he is trying to gain it ... all the while attempting to teach our children the correct way to eat and exercise! It is cool though because I know that we will both be where we want to be soon!

Welp it is a rainy Sunday afternoon here and this chick is gonna go take a nap :twisted:
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » July 23rd, 2006, 12:23 pm

The 20-pound club already???? That weight's just FALLING off you! Great job!!! And sounds like you're inspiring your husband, too. Seeing you guys focusing on health - whether it's losing fat or gaining muscle - is definitely going to be good for your kids, too.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » July 27th, 2006, 8:25 am

The kids "Thank Heavens" were blessed with his genes LOL

Well I am officially OUT of the 220's. The past 3 days I have been weighing between 219 and 217 so I think it is safe to say my 220 days are past! WoooHooo..I am so excited!
I know it isnt Sunday but I have this thing with my scale and just cant wait until Sunday to post it! I have lost 24lbs since starting MF on June 6th! I am elated!
The few paid of capris I have that fit are getting too big now. I started in a 24 and am on the low end of 20's now! I do not really want to buy anymore right now so I have taken to wearing a belt ~ I dont think I have worn a belt in like 11 yrs!
When the kids start back to school I hope to have time to go through my closet and will have clothes to donate. *yea*
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » July 27th, 2006, 8:30 am

You're doing so well!!!! I'm so happy for you. And even blessed with good metabolisms, it's still good for them to learn healthy habits. Not to mention seeing their parents work toward and accomplish goals and spend time and money taking care of themselves and getting healthy. All good lessons for kids, I think.

We did mention the clothing issue, right? Never invest TOO much in smaller sizes because they're going to be too big before long!! (And belts are good, so you don't wind up with your pants unexpectedly falling off, like Jan and some others!!)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » July 27th, 2006, 8:52 am

I so agree..sadly it seems there are so many kids nowadays who didnt have any good "teaching" so to speak and it shows. We are very adamant about making sure our children know a few key things..#1--The value of a Dollar. #2--There is no excuse for poor manners. #3--Friends will come and go but your family is always there for you*we have alot of Sibiling Rivalry @ here LOL* #4--Eat your veggies because if something happens you can always grow a garden but you may not always have chickens in the yard. #5--No matter where you are..it never hurts to take a dip in the creek.

Yea we are country lol but it always makes me smile for weeks when someone we dont know well comments on our "well-behaved and polite" kids. They can fool anyone :lol:

I am learning it about the clothes. I swear it was only a few weeks ago that I was tickled to get into my size 20's again..but alas not for long! Yea!!
JeepGirl

Postby TheShadow » July 27th, 2006, 9:00 am

Don't forget the most important thing to teach your kids...Never pass up an opportunity to use a restroom, you don't know how long it will be before you see another! LOL :mrgreen: Honestly, with all the water I drink, I'm in there every hour!
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » July 27th, 2006, 9:37 am

Ha. I sometimes think I know every bathroom in town. I've had to run into CVS or Walgreens many times. Sigh.

My parents taught us to always be well behaved in public. Any misbehaving was to be done at home, in private.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » July 30th, 2006, 4:35 pm

haha my kids misbehave enough here for 20 kids!!

Love the bathroom one-Shadow! My daughter knows that one well!

Ok I have been busy busy this weekend. Yesterday I took some girlfriends antiquing and then we hit the outlet mall! There was ALOT of walking and laughing and it was all awesome.

Today we went canoeing with some friends. The kids loved it and we are now in the market for a canoe of our own :lol: My arms are already hurting from all the paddleing so I may not be able to move them at all tomorrow :cry:

Been kinda hit or miss with the shakes this weekend but I drank like 10 gallons of water the past few days I think. I only had 4 shakes yesterday but I didnt eat any chocolate turtles at the Fudge Factory so I thought that was awesome enough LOL. Today I had 2 shakes this morning then a small burger at lunch. When we got home I had a shake and will have another in a little while. I hope the burger didnt mess me up too terribly bad.

The friends I saw yesterday hadnt seen me in a few months and all of them said they could sooo see a difference in me. They know me well enough not to BS me so I know they were truthful YEA
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » July 30th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Tell me you at least left the bun off the burger?
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » July 31st, 2006, 11:03 am

lol of course I did! I dont think I have had bread in ages LOL
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » July 31st, 2006, 11:19 am

Oh, well, that shouldn't be bad, then. A little extra fat on rare occasions isn't going to kill you. And you're right, it's way better than indulging at the chocolate place.

You done good!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » August 4th, 2006, 7:24 am

Been a hectic week around here. We are trying to get everything ready for the 1st day of School on Monday Woohoo LOL

I think I have walked off like 20lbs while shopping this week or so it feels like lol

I am so ready for fall I cant even begin to express how much! I am NOT a heat person lol

Anyway..been moving along this week. Almost to 30lbs gone and I am tickled to no end! To be honest --the first few weeks or even month of MF I wondered in the back of my mind if this was just another set me up tp fail kinda thing.. I am PROUD to say that No it isn't.

This is sooo Bon-a-Fide(as my son loves to say--he loves O'Brother Where are Thou:) )
I know that this works for me and I love the progress I am making on it.

I will be on a better schedule once the kids go back to school so I think that will help me even more! Yea!
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » August 4th, 2006, 8:32 am

I so know what you mean. I kept waiting for the losses to stop, but they didn't. Pretty cool.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal