JeepGirl

1 Thread per registered User.

JeepGirl

Postby JeepGirl » June 19th, 2006, 9:42 am

Allrighty figured I might as well jump in with both feet here!

Hi--My name is Reginia, I am 32 and I am on a quest to get healthy.

I was always relativly healthy or rather was until I turned 20 and was diagnosed with an immune disorder and put on a high dose of Pred for 2 yrs. Within the first 8 months I gained 75 lbs despite my attempts not to. It seemed my body had a life of its own. I basically gave up at this point. I decided since I was gaining weight I might as well Eat what I wanted and enjoy it! (how dumb was that thought!!)

By the time I was off the meds and could begin to get my body back I was blessed with 2 wonderful children the next few yrs. I have tried EVERYTHING out there; WW-not a counter type, Phen-Phen-for 2 months and lost 50lbs before it was banned-gained it all back, and all sorts of misc diets.

I have now been obese for almost 10 yrs and am tired of it. I want to feel good about myself again and I want to be healthy. I want to be able to play with my kids and not get tired. I want to be able to get into my hubby's cool jeep and not worry about the guys thinking "omg how did she make it up there." I want to like what I see in the mirror.

Then month ago I stumbled across an ad about MF in a magazine. By this point I was ready to try something again. I did alot of research and talked to my Dr. She said go for it so I ordered some samples to start--I wanted to see how it tasted before I commited. To my surprise I LOVE it!

I have offically been on MF 1 week and I have faith that this is something I can and will stick to in order to get healthy again!

And that is my story!
I look forward to getting to know y'all during my quest!
~Reginia
Last edited by JeepGirl on November 6th, 2006, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 19th, 2006, 1:21 pm

ok today is day 7 for me and it is the 1st day I have actually felt hungry.

I have already had 4 - 20oz bottles of water and 3 shakes today. Today was the first time I cheated at all and I actually feel sick because of it. I had a ff string cheese thing that my kids were snacking on.

I dont why today is funky because every other day I have been fine. Each time I get the "feeling" I reach for my water LOL

I already planned our grilled chicken for dinner and am patiently awaiting time to start the grill to arrive.

Maybe I just need to go hang out outside for a bit.
JeepGirl

Postby JeepGirl » June 20th, 2006, 9:49 am

Allrighty I have not been hungry again since my bout yesterday so I think I am gonna be ok!

Good News--My jeans are baggy LOL and they were fresh outta the dryer which is the test! I figured out which ones are gonna be my "before" jeans and was tickled that there was NO tugging and wiggling to get them on this morning!

I finally bought a food scale and to my weird dismay figured out I wasnt eating enough meat. I guess I was making sure w/o a scale that I didnt over do it LOL

We are going to an overnight Jeep ride this weekend so I am already getting prepared. I have my list and am going to make up my shakes and put them in the cooler so all I have to do is grab and go! I am really thinking that it wont be as tough as I figured. One good thing is this trip is all guys except me so while they are drinking beer I will be guzzling water and not having to worry about the "little" wives who are eating every snack in sight as I am usually having to do!
JeepGirl

Postby JeepGirl » June 21st, 2006, 1:38 pm

Moving right along....

Been a pretty good day today so far.

Had a GREAT talk with Nancy! Thanks Chick ~~ You Rock!!

Any doubt that I can do this is now banished from my head-I say banished and not vanished because I cant promise sometime down the road I wont have some neg thoughts but I will work to control them.

One thing I have given up is Food Network. It used to be my fave background noise while I worked and man I got some great ideas..but NO more! Hubby says it is good willpower not to watch Rachel Ray everyday LOL

I have noticed my rings are getting too big as they slide all around my fingers now.

Well I am off to marinate some meat for dinner. I will check in later.
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » June 21st, 2006, 2:09 pm

Sounds like you're doing great. And you talked to Nancy, which I guess means you have an HA now. Excellent!!

The hungries DO hit on occasion, at least for me. Most days I'm fine, but every once in a while, I have a day - or several - where I just feel like a bottomless pit. (It's OK to have an extra supplement on those days, FYI. That'll help a lot.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 21st, 2006, 4:00 pm

I talked to her yes but dont have an HA yet.

Hmm I may have done something wrong.. I checked out the link in your sig Robin and registered there. Is that ok or do I need to do it a diff way?

Thanks for the tip about an extra shake. It is good to know that I can have that in case I need it!
:)
JeepGirl

Postby Diana » June 21st, 2006, 5:30 pm

Have a GREAT time this weekend!

I love reading about the progress you're making (as I twirl my ring along with you :mrgreen: )! I can't wait to hear about what a fun and successful weekend this is for you.

Just a thought -- BEFORE you leave (like tonight, maybe), make up a shake, store it in a condition similar to what you'll have this weekend, and try it in the morning to see if you like it. And perhaps talk to someone about how long a made shake can be safely stored if not frozen. That way you don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere without edible Medigrub.

I've been taking a class all this week and mixing the packets in a half-full water bottle (just tear the corner so the powder doesn't go everywhere). Then I just pitch (ok, recycle) the bottle. Works great for me.

You are doing so well!! Isn't it exciting to find what really works for us individually?? Go get 'em!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 21st, 2006, 5:40 pm

Thanks so much Diana!!

We are taking our cooler and my plan is to mix enough shakes and put them in empty water bottles. That is what I do when we go to the mall -- we are two hours from the mall *sigh* and it works great!

I have been busy packing everyone up since the kids are going to their Grandparents I have 2 diff packs to do! lol
JeepGirl

Postby JeepGirl » June 22nd, 2006, 10:10 am

Well I know Sunday is my weigh-in day BUT... I seem to have ot check each morning lol Anywho--this morning I got on and it read 230.1 OMG I am thisss close to the strating my weigh down the 220's! I do not think I have been under 230 in 6 yrs!! It seemed as if I flew thru the 230's which is ok by me. Yea Yea I know that my loss will slow down soon, but I am enjoying the speediness right now :D

Tried the Maple.Brown Sugar oatmeal for the 1st time today and LOVE IT!! Yeaa even though I love love the shakes I am tickled to find (so far) at least one other thing I like.

Oh and the White Cheddar Crisps~~yummmy!
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » June 22nd, 2006, 10:43 am

Awesome!!!! I love it when the scale cooperates!!!

The maple oatmeal and the soy crisps are two of my absolute favorites. And the apple oatmeal, too. Mmmmmmm.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Lizabette » June 22nd, 2006, 11:47 am

CONGRATULATIONS, JEEPGIRL!

Image You are doing wonderful.

I love the way you are planning your foods for your trip, and how you will be working your plan!
If you like the bars, they will come in handy, too. They are my favorite traveling food, even if it is only one per day!

Have a fun trip and come back skinnier!

:heart:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » June 22nd, 2006, 6:43 pm

I'm not sure when you're leaving, but I just wanted to stop in and say have a great time!!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » June 22nd, 2006, 7:01 pm

Thanks so much Lizabette--and I must say I have been enjoying your posts on the forum!

Robin we are leaving tomorrow around 2 I think so hopefully I can pop in beforehand!
Thank You SO much I am excited for weigh-in on Sunday. My main thing is enough water because we will be outside allllll day in the heat so I bought 3 cases!!
JeepGirl

Postby JeepGirl » June 25th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Ok it is Sunday afternoon and we have returned from our weekend Jeep ride. All in all it was a great time. I did real well on-plan Friday and yesterday morning,, then strayed during the afternoon break. We could only fit 2 shakes and 4 waters in the cooler and had to leave the rest back at the campgroun(1.5 hr drive away). I had been walking up all sorts of hills to snap pics and when everyone had a break to get some water and a late lunch I admit I ate two handfuls of Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Chips!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND these chips!! They are so good it I think the devil made them LOLOL

Not really, they are yummy and yes I went off plan but once I got home I jumped right back on. I weighed this morning and had gained 1lb so I dont feel I fell too far. On Tues it will be 2 weeks since I started MF so we will see then what my weight it.

But even in the midst if my salty attack I have good news to report!!

This morning when I was getting ready I noticed 3 things--
1. My bra is too big around my chest!
2. My jeans are too big and I have to wear a belt now!!
3. My shoes are too big!!!

So yeaa I have 3 NSV's and I am tickled with them!

So I am back on track and rearing to go!
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » June 25th, 2006, 2:37 pm

Reginia, it sounds like you did great. I bet the pound is just water from the salty snack, the carbs and all the hiking around. In a day or two, you'll be down below where you were when you left.

And I highly recommend the soy crisps for a chip-like snack. Bars are easy to carry, too, so they're good for trips like that.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Next

Return to My Journal