JeepGirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby kendra_m » November 7th, 2006, 5:43 am

Glad you're back in the saddle, Reginia!! I tend to get kinda quiet when I'm struggling too, tho I try to still read, even if I don't feel like posting.
Awesome that your mom has joined on too... with you and your sis and now mom, that should help a lot!
I've recently started the 100 Days of Weight Loss book.... it's helped me get re-focused and I like that there's a 'task' every day.

Huggss,
Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Prancer » November 7th, 2006, 8:26 pm

I think we both need to refocus. I seem to see that when I stopped being here as much I started slacking. I think our support of each other is what was motivating us. I did well again today until dinner. That blasted time of day.

Tell Shay I said congratulations!!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » November 8th, 2006, 7:29 am

Yep I agree..I know for a fact when I am not here that I totally cheat more! Now that Shay and Mom have started I better not slack off anymore cause I dont want them to pass me :twisted:

I will tell her for ya! I am so proud of her. She has some major changes happening right now and she has alot of strength to stick to MF through it--she is my hero!

Oh Oh Oh
I was looking for some winter shirts and didnt like te one in the plussize section which has been my stomping grounds for 10 years now, so I went to the regular sizes and bought them there! They are 16/18 and they fit PERFECTLY right now! I was so excited..I modeled them for Craig when I got home!! Woohooo Now that is an awesoem kick in the ass for me!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JeepGirl » November 10th, 2006, 1:14 pm

Been doing pretty good this..been looking back at why I decided to start MF in the first place and am basically starting over. I had stopped my food journal a few months back so I made more copies to begin keeping trackin again. I printed out some island desitinations for my reward as added inspiration as well as some outfits I cant wait to buy!

I have also been kinda down about some things I have let affect me but thank heavens Craig gave me a kick in the pants @ it all so I am trying not to do that anymore!

My family is going through a few different things at the moment so any prayers would be awesome!

We are also looking for a new church up here that is similar to our old one(which is too far away) because I know that the past few years of not being a regular attendee has had an impact on me.

I have noticed a few ppl here are worried about the holidays but that is one thing I am not too worried about now. I want to be successful at this more than I want any type of Christmas Cookie or pie!!! That is my mantra this year hehe

My clothes continue to be a love/hate relationship. I purchased a gorgeous sweater(regular size 16/18) the other day and wore it last night..wellllll it was a little more form fitting than I am used to so even though Craig swore up and down it looked good I still felt self-conscience all evening. I am hoping to work on that :roll: However the other side of the coin..I am on the last notch of my belt(YES I am wearing abelt for the first time in like 10yrs) so that has me smiling each time I put it on!

*smiles*
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » November 17th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Hey, this was a week ago. You OK?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » November 30th, 2006, 5:37 pm

allrighty I am back *yet again it seems*

I posted an Owning Up thread and I mean it!!

Craig has taken it upon himself to be my trainer no matter how much I whine about it. I did 1.25 on the treadmill at a 3.2 pace. I know it isnt much but I am just starting and am afraid if I over do it that I wont stick with it.

I loved the compliments I received at Thanksgiving and that is gonna be inspiration! I would love to have even more at Christmas hehehehe
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » November 30th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Moving at ALL is a good thing. Don't ever worry that you're not going far enough or fast enough. We all have to take things at our own pace; for some, just walking for 10 minutes is progress. You're right; killing yourself will just make you hate it, and you'll end up giving it up.

Glad you have you back with us!!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » November 30th, 2006, 8:09 pm

hehe Robin *hugs* it is good to be "back"

I am sore but it actually feels good because I know it is helping me!
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » November 30th, 2006, 8:46 pm

I posted about this in the gym, but ...

I learned from the weekend (when I didn't work out for several days in a row and basically just sat around most of the time with my brother and his wife) how much energy you get from being active, once you get in the habit. Give it a few weeks and you might be surprised. It seemed like the more I sat around, the more tired I felt. Now I notice that even if I wake up feeling exhausted and in no mood to exercise, if I actually drag myself onto the treadmill and run, I get off feeling much more awake and energized (once the exhaustion and panting and sweating stop, of course).

The hard part is establishing the habit. But I bet Craig won't need to be a taskmaster for long, and at some point you'll find yourself looking forward to those walks (or if not, then you just need to find something you like better).
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » December 1st, 2006, 8:45 am

I am hoping that will be the case.
I figure I will depsite him for a few weeks :lol: then it will be fine haha
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » December 1st, 2006, 10:51 am

Ha. You'll be thanking him later. Does he work out? Maybe he could work out at the same time? (Also, this won't help EVERY day, obviously, but I like to watch stuff like Biggest Loser when I'm on the treadmill. It's hard to complain when you see those people killing themselves in the gym.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » December 3rd, 2006, 6:04 pm

Yea I am sure I will be. He runs 5-6 miles every other day.
He is in great shape :roll: LOL

I have just recently started watching the Biggest Loser *yea now that it is almost over haha) but man they have it rough so I am gonna attempt not to whine so much.

I didnt jog last night because we were out late at the Christmas Parade our town has but I am fixen to go get on the treadmilll in a few mins.

I also did not post in Roll Call as I am not weighing until Dec 10th. I hope if I stay off the scale that I will do ok.

I am getting caught back up with my water intake so that is making me feel better about everything too!

Not too worried @ the Holidays as we are only going to 3 get togethers but it is all family and they know I am on MF so they wont be enablers like my pals would(thats why we aint having any dinners with them LMAO)
JeepGirl

Postby JeepGirl » December 3rd, 2006, 7:41 pm

Wanted to post so I wouldnt forget.

I did 1.30 at 3.4 this evening. It actually felt good!! Did I just say that*pinch* :shock: I have been a little sore the past few mornings but it isnt something that will make me not get on the treadmill.

I am also getting used to Craig saying Wow I am impressed..when I go get my workout clothes and tennies on. He made me this chart to keep track and I am also marking it down at extralbs so I can watch how I do.

I am going to measure in a little while as it has been a few months. I am not expecting much since I havent been 100% lately but I need a new place to basically gage myself by.

I had a "Moment Of Clarity" today. (this may be cheesy but I will not apologize :-P )
I was out on the deck letting the dogs out and I was checking myself out in the huge window that is in the door because I dont have a full length mirror so this is the best thing I guess... ANYWHO I was looking at myself all diff ways and thought "hmm I am actually looking good" I mean I am not blind I know I have a Very Long way to go yet but for once I didnt think "yuck look at me"

When I mentioned it to Craig later he was like..Helllooo I have been telling you that for a few months now and I said I know but I have had the "I am fat and always will be" mentality for so long that this was a huge*no pun intended* thing for me! Then I cried hehehe

Anyway I am here to stay and I know I can do this!!
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » December 3rd, 2006, 8:01 pm

It's not cheesy at all. Moments like that are really important for those of us who can't fully see the changes in ourselves.

And that's great about the walking. You sound like me; I love to see the measurable progress (staying on it longer, or going farther in the same amount of time), just like with the weight loss. Good for you, Reginia!!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » December 5th, 2006, 11:48 am

Tonight I did 1 mile at 3.5 my legs were like jelly..but I know I shoulda done at least .25 more. I will tomorrow without fail.

I am getting used to logging my food intake daily. Today I missed one somewhere so I will have a shake or some pudding later so I am not behind.

I know I am getting back in ketosis cause I have the little headache this evening :| oh well I will make it ;)
JeepGirl

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal